Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Man, if you run the scenario I’m taking about (moving from Top 10 into the top 5) the results look way better.

I don’t think a qb prospect drafted like 22nd overall works out any worse than the usual late-first round pick, but the failure is magnified because only 1 QB is on the field.
Wait, how does it look any better? Unless you're counting QB successes in the top 5 that weren't traded for... in which case they're not available to trade for.

Remember, you have to have a willing trade partner here.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Wait, how does it look any better? Unless you're counting QB successes in the top 5 that weren't traded for... in which case they're not available to trade for.

Remember, you have to have a willing trade partner here.
Darnold - bad
Josh Allen - good
Trubisky - bad(?)
Goff - good
Wentz - good
RG3 - good
Sanchez - good
Vick - good

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Darnold - bad
Josh Allen - good
Trubisky - bad(?)
Goff - good
Wentz - good
RG3 - good
Sanchez - good
Vick - good
Yeah, this is definitely where we disagree. Outside of Allen, none of those players are what I would call "good," especially for giving up the farm to move into the top 5.

Trubisky - Bad. Got run out of town and didn't even get his 5th year option picked up.
Goff - Mediocre at best. Was so "not the answer" in LA that they gave up two more first round picks to find his replacement, and that's after already giving up two firsts, two 2nds, and two thirds for Goff. Honestly the best on this list, but zero championships and playing for another team after five seasons isn't what you want for that investment.
Wentz - Bad. He had one great year but never even won a playoff game. The team around him was so good that Nick Foles won a Super Bowl with them. Didn't even get a second contract.
RG3 - Bad. One good year and then a complete washout.
Sanchez - Bad. The team won despite him. Somehow probably the second best on this list by the account of doing enough to win some playoff games and getting an extension.
Vick - Bad. Tantalizing to watch, but couldn't remain healthy, couldn't lead the team to the playoffs more than twice, and then got himself kicked out of the league for a bit.

Sorry, if you're trading into the top-5, it better be for a player that takes you to the playoffs and wins multiple times at the very least, and lasts for a second contract, if not makes you surefire contenders for the Super Bowl.

Also, not to overly nitpick, but the only QBs on your list here that qualify for jumping from inside the top 10 to the top 5 are Darnold, Trubisky, Wentz, RG3, and Vick. That makes the list even more painful to look at.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you misunderstand me. I'm not advocating for one behavior path or another. Im advocating for you to chill the eff out and stop worrying so much. I just don't believe for one red second that anything the media says, would ever, in a million years, affect who would be willing to work for us. COULD KM be the reason we are having a hard time finding a coaching search? Sure. COULD it help if he was capable of sitting at a podium and saying "Its not true!" Sure. But none of that causes me to lose and sleep or get in a tizzy about my quarterback. It just doesnt. SHeesh, I hate the off season. Soap Operas, podcasts, and media circle jerks. It really sucks.

If you're not arguing one way or another and your only point is to tell me to shut up you can just be quiet and save your energy. Or hit the ignore button.

If you don't think the narrative around this franchise, and especially around Kyler Murray is determined by what people say in the media then I don't know what to tell you. That's like saying that the day/night cycle isn't effected by the Sun.

The narrative that Kyler has allowed to be told about him being a difficult energy vampire that doesn't study and is a poor leader is having a direct effect on the HC search. How could it not? Even had we not been told it is, it's obvious.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The 11 yard drops came only because he had to escape DLinemen bearing down on him from every angle. Tough to have pocket awareness when all your OLinemen have whiffed & are already on the ground.
...and also because he at times bails on a clean pocket and does his bad spin move out of said clean pocket and into the pass rush. Not always, and he certainly didn't always have a clean pocket, but he has definitely developed a propensity for it. Is it because its just a bad habit or he's so gun shy because the line, due to GM incompetence and injury, is often so awful?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Albert Breer is more of the @DVontel belief.

Coaches are more concerned about the rebuild that needs to happen more than they are about Kyler. Breer says there is a 2 to 3 year rebuild that needs to happen and some coaches are hesitant to be apart of that or if they should commit to that. No guarantee they make it to year 3 and is Monti the right guy to do it.

What a crock. There's no more rebuild required than the Texans, or Colts. 75% of the HC jobs that come on the market every year are no different than the situation here.

Was Brain Daboll thinking that Giants roster was on the verge of greatness last year? Was Matt Eberflus thinking that Chicago were close? Was Doug Pederson thinking the team that picked 1st the last 2 years was the best roster he could get? Or the Jets roster when they hired Saleh, or Lions when they hired Campbell.

This ain't aimed at you but the idea that coaches are turning us down because of the roster is just ludicrous.

Last edited:

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Does Kafka call the plays in NY? Who was running the offense? Is he responsible for Daniel Jones good year? Is he Daboll’s lackey?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't know this dude or where he saw it, I'll keep checking...but he does have followers, so it's not some guy tweeting from his mom's basement.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The only guy we haven't interviewed is the favorite?

It would be a weird flex by Mike to interview several black candidates then hire the one white guy he's not interviewed.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Instead of relying on BS stats with the OL, go back and actually watch the OL. If not for Murray’s ability to make guys miss, our OL would have statistically looked a ton worse. All I’ve seen over 4 years are DL’s just pinning back their ears and our OL whiffing time and time again.

Yeah I've watched it. It was still fine.

I do find it funny when people say "Ignore those 2 professional organisations and the number of analysts they employ that say the O line was fine and trust me, who watched about 10 seconds of actual O line play all year because I'm looking at the ball most of the time".

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It would be a weird flex by Mike to interview several black candidates then hire the one white guy he's not interviewed.
I dont see it either. Unless he knows thats the guy and is just trying to see if someone else can win him over first.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

It would be ironic but not weird. One may call Michael Bidwill many things because of this franchise's mediocre track record but a racist is not one of them, and I would not put that stamp on his father either

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes he calls plays. But it's likely Dabolls offense.
If it's the preferred offense of Daboll, then that's the offense the Bills use. I figured the Giants would run a version of the Chiefs offense once they hired Kafka to be the OC? Maybe someone should look into this?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would be ironic but not weird. One may call Michael Bidwill many things because of this franchise's mediocre track record but a racist is not one of them, and I would not put that stamp on his father either

I don't think he is either. It just wouldn't look particular great in the situation he is in.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it's the preferred offense of Daboll, then that's the offense the Bills use. I figured the Giants would run a version of the Chiefs offense once they hired Kafka to be the OC? Maybe someone should look into this?

I guess it depends if you mean offense or playbook. Danny Jones is trash, so they didn't throw the ball a lot. I think it's fair to say they didn't run the Chiefs or Bills scheme.

But I'd guess the core of the playbook is Bills due the similarity in size and running of Allen and Jones. I'm sure Kafka as added some of his own things to it.

For example, they ran a bunch of super heavy packages this year where they had like 7 O llinemen and 2 TE's on the field and just said "We're going to run this at you and you're not stopping us". In fact they did it for a whole drive in one game. That's neither Chiefs or Bills.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Here's an article explaining the mix of Chiefs & Bills offenses.

I think this is pre season clickbait. Both Chiefs and Bills are pass heavy and the Giants didn't turn out like either of them. Nothing like this guy wrote anyway.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess it depends if you mean offense or playbook. Danny Jones is trash, so they didn't throw the ball a lot. I think it's fair to say they didn't run the Chiefs or Bills scheme.

But I'd guess the core of the playbook is Bills due the similarity in size and running of Allen and Jones. I'm sure Kafka as added some of his own things to it.

For example, they ran a bunch of super heavy packages this year where they had like 7 O llinemen and 2 TE's on the field and just said "We're going to run this at you and you're not stopping us". In fact they did it for a whole drive in one game. That's neither Chiefs or Bills.
No it's not Chiefs or Bills but it's more Daniel Jones lol. He's just not a great QB is why. However, if Kafka can turn Jones around, enough to make the playoffs, what can he do with Kyler?