Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Late next week?

I'm all for getting the right guy but,

1, Do you really need 2nd interviews with a guy you already spent 4+ hours with?

2, LATE next week? Both guys are done for the year. It should be Monday and announced Tuesday.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Mike Garafolo

#Bengals defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo will receive a second interview with the #AZCardinals for their head coaching job, source says. It’ll take place late next week.
Right now this guy is my preferred choice subject to change without notice, e.g. if Indy doesn't hire Shane Steichen.

oesn't hire

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss

This is a guy to watch

Bengals DC Lou Anaumo getting second interview with Arizona Cardinals, per source, as @mikegarofolo said. Had first interview this week and made quick impression.
No doubt now that the Cardinals plan to wait until the Philly coordinators are available to interview before making a decision. I hope and I think that our HC will be either of the Philly guys or Anarumo.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Bengals fans terrified of losing Lou!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Anybody know if the Bengals have anyone on defense, or Giants on offense, set to be a Free Agent (starter or depth) that AZ to bring in to help either coach install their system and culture? I understand Saquon would be out of the ballpark.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I'm warming up to Anarumo. He may not have HC experience but is 56 yrs old and has over 10 yrs in the NFL plus almost 20 more in the colleges. Kafka is just 35 and is too similar to KK.
I don't know if Kafka is anything like KK.

Kliff is young, but a few years older than Mike...Kliff didn't have previous success as a HC, while Kafka has zero experience at any level, I believe...Kliff is dating IG models and definitely has an image to uphold. I haven't seen or heard anything like that about Kafka. Oh, and their offensive systems aren't anything alike, that I can tell. I'm not saying I prefer Kafka over Sweet Lou, but I just don't really see real similarities with KK.

Lou may very well be the BA of defense and become an outstanding HC.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Late next week?

I'm all for getting the right guy but,

1, Do you really need 2nd interviews with a guy you already spent 4+ hours with?

2, LATE next week? Both guys are done for the year. It should be Monday and announced Tuesday.
On #1 I'm guessing the league is encouraging them after expressing displeasure with all the money being paid to fired coaches.

Agree on 2. Not sure why they are waiting on those.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
True Solar, however those teams were desperate for a qb. I believe it’s like that every year. We may get real lucky if the 3 top qb’s really shine at the combine.
We know 1 qb will go before our pick unless the Bears trade down, then maybe 2 will be gone. If the Colts are the still the team behind us they may want that 3 spot to get their guy.
But alas, Stuff like this doesn’t happen for us.
Well, my chain of replies wasn't really focused on whether or not teams will trade up, I think that's always going to continue happening, and is likely to happen this year. My main argument was against K9's point below, my only point being that history doesn't show that teams with well-built rosters trading up are really getting a successful guy that takes them anywhere.
That’s fine. I don’t need a top 3 pick at quarterback to be successful. If I have a well-built roster and a top 10 pick, I can trade up and get my guy.

Like what the 49ers did with Trey Lance.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
On #1 I'm guessing the league is encouraging them after expressing displeasure with all the money being paid to fired coaches.

Agree on 2. Not sure why they are waiting on those.
Regarding late next week, it could be that both are already scheduled to be in town for Super Bowl festivities and radio row. That, and Cards may be waiting to see if Indy hires Steichen.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I'm warming up to Anarumo. He may not have HC experience but is 56 yrs old and has over 10 yrs in the NFL plus almost 20 more in the colleges. Kafka is just 35 and is too similar to KK.
Agree. I prefer Eagles OC over Kafka

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson