Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A 1st and a 2nd for Payton may or may not be too much. Only time will tell because you never know what those picks will turn into or how Payton will perform.

One thing I will say about Payton though - at least you know the odds of success with him are better than any other candidate.

I want to know whether he would have actually come to the Cards over the Broncos if we were willing to pay the price, but we probably never will.
Give the Saints their due. They got a nice haul for Payton & they ALWAYS wanted him to go to an AFC team.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lou: Hey Brian, how did your interview
go with the cardinals?

Brian: Pretty good. How bout yours?

Lou: Not bad. Are you going to accept the job if they offer it to you?

Brian: Hell no! You?

Lou: You’re kidding me, right?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lou: Hey Brian, how did your interview
go with the cardinals?

Brian: Pretty good. How bout yours?

Lou: Not bad. Are you going to accept the job if they offer it to you?

Brian: Hell no! You?

Lou: You’re kidding me, right?

A conversation in an alternate universe where being an NFL H-C and multi-million dollar guaranteed money is irrelevant.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He literally won the Super Bowl two years ago. I suppose some would prefer the 45 year old coach who hasn’t done squat.
I mean you’re not wrong. But he also had Tom Brady and a pretty damn good roster comparatively built by a GM that obvious I knew what he was doing. BTW came from the Cardinals??? Remember when everyone said the Cards need to quit hiring from within?? Yet same folks were mad we let that guy in leave for Tampa?

Just shows no matter what happens nobody is truly pleased.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I mean you’re not wrong. But he also had Tom Brady and a pretty damn good roster comparatively built by a GM that obvious I knew what he was doing. BTW came from the Cardinals??? Remember when everyone said the Cards need to quit hiring from within?? Yet same folks were mad we let that guy in leave for Tampa?

Just shows no matter what happens nobody is truly pleased.
BA did go 7-9 with Jameis before Brady showed up. Not to mention going .500 here a couple times with the Gabbert’s and Stanton’s of the world. The dude just wins.

Licht had a long resume before his two years with the Cardinals by the way. He’s not one of the multi-decade losers that still has his job from the Graves/Ferguson eras like some of the guys over there.