Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
So if I understand, it was clear about half way through the season Kingsbury was likely enough to go. A wise man would have started considering his options. When the season neared the end he would have narrowed his options to 5 or so candidates dumped Kingsbury about game 15. On Black Monday he would have set his 5 interviews immediately unless one was delayed by the playoffs, then reset ASAP. Do 5 interviews, no need for a second round. Pick your man and make him an offer he can’t refuse; don’t let him leave unsigned. If you picked right, how do you overpay a guy who changes the future of the franchise. With Bidwill in charge, why am I not surprised it didn’t go down that way?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
So if I understand, it was clear about half way through the season Kingsbury was likely enough to go. A wise man would have started considering his options. When the season neared the end he would have narrowed his options to 5 or so candidates dumped Kingsbury about game 15. On Black Monday he would have set his 5 interviews immediately unless one was delayed by the playoffs, then reset ASAP. Do 5 interviews, no need for a second round. Pick your man and make him an offer he can’t refuse; don’t let him leave unsigned. If you picked right, how do you overpay a guy who changes the future of the franchise. With Bidwill in charge, why am I not surprised it didn’t go down that way?
Sometimes that gets a little tricky when one of the top coaching candidates is still coaching in the playoffs or there's a 3rd party involved (like with Payton and the Saints). Otherwise, I agree with you

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

All but four candidates, if I'm correct, were with playoff teams, and access was limited.

One of the four, Reich, decided to go home, so to speak. A second, Flores, recently interviewed for a D-C job - a third, Payton, was money whipped, I suspect, by Denver. The fourth is a young D-C, Evero, who is a longshot at best.

Fail to see the failure you outlined, and the first step in the process was hiring a GM.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Because we needed to land a GM first?

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Harry: any chance you could buy the team from MB? We’d be in much better shape if you did.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give me Kafka and a legit DC. If we can land Ejiro Evero to he DC, I'd be estic with these hires.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
out the box candidate...

Rich Bisaccia
Head coaching record
Career highlights and awards
As a coach:
Career history
Career information
Personal information
Green Bay Packers
Position:Special teams coordinator
Born:June 3, 1960 (age 62)
Yonkers, New York, U.S.
College:Yankton
  • Wayne State (1983)
    Defensive backs coach & special teams coach
  • Wayne State (1984–1987)
    Quarterbacks coach & wide receivers coach
  • South Carolina (1988)
    Graduate assistant, tight ends & wide receivers
  • South Carolina (1989–1990)
    Volunteer assistant, defensive ends coach & special teams coach
  • South Carolina (1991)
    Volunteer assistant, tight ends coach & special teams coach
  • South Carolina (1992–1993)
    Running backs coach & special teams coach
  • Clemson (1994–1998)
  • Ole Miss (1999)
  • Ole Miss (2000–2001)
    Assistant head coach, running backs coach & special teams coach
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (20022007)
    Special teams coordinator
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2008)
    Assistant head coach, running backs coach & special teams coordinator
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (20092010)
    Assistant head coach & special teams coordinator
  • San Diego Chargers (2011)
  • San Diego Chargers (2012)
  • Dallas Cowboys (20132017)
  • Oakland / Las Vegas Raiders (20182021)
  • Las Vegas Raiders (2021)
    Interim head coach & special teams coordinator
  • Green Bay Packers (2022–present)
Regular season:7–5 (.583)
Postseason:0–1 (.000)
Career:7–6 (.538)

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well this is depressing. :(

Do we have any idea who the defensive-minded head coach candidates want as their offensive coordinator? These defensive-minded head coach candidates will almost certainly not succeed as a head coach without a good offensive coordinator. :bang:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
LOL McNair is ass and Tepper has been playing "I own an NFL toy" and cycling through about 6 QBs, gave a massive long term deal to an unproven college coach and has a losing record.

There was obvious interest between Payton and the Cards but they were obviously right not to give up a 1st and 2nd round pick.
Carolina hired a winning college coach that failed. We hired a losing college coach who failed. Carolina has a solid roster missing a QB. We have a meh roster and a QB who we take about moving on from in two years. Don’t know where you feel we are in a position to take junk to Carolina.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Carolina hired a winning college coach that failed. We hired a losing college coach who failed. Carolina has a solid roster missing a QB. We have a meh roster and a QB who we take about moving on from in two years. Don’t know where you feel we are in a position to take junk to Carolina.
Matt Rhule makes Kliff look like Vince Lombardi.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Would you have preferred one of these coaches or with the costs involved if it's Payton? Ryans is an unknown at head coach with a limited time coaching at any level & Reich seems like a mediocre choice so to speak. I don't think they've lost out on anyone so far other than Payton & I agree with not paying a 1st & 2nd round pick for him.
Reich is a experienced HC with a winning record. Payton was had for a late first and second and at least brings competence. Ryans was pursued by several teams, knows the division, and has ties to one of the better offensive schemes in football. We pursued them all and they all said no.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Reich is a experienced HC with a winning record. Payton was had for a late first and second and at least brings competence. Ryans was pursued by several teams, knows the division, and has ties to one of the better offensive schemes in football. We pursued them all and they all said no.
Out of those 3, the only one to factually say no is Ryans...he also said no to Denver.

Was it reported Reich was offered the job?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Out of those 3, the only one to factually say no is Ryans...he also said no to Denver.

Was it reported Reich was offered the job?
All three chose other situations over ours. Maybe we weren’t as interested but I have zero faith in the Cardinals.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson