Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This all ties into public reporting just FYI before y’all throw the baby out with the bath water.
Personally, I'll believe the guys in Vegas setting the odds, as their inside sources are probably way more reliable than anyone on Reddit. I don't think Quinn was the 1st and only choice, out the gate at all.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reich was never going anywhere other than the Panthers

Ryan's was never going anywhere other than Houston.

Both of these are like fans of another team complaining Larry Fitzgerald choosing to coach for the Cards over them.

A 1st and 2nd for Payton was too much and Denver made a desperation move.
A 1st and a 2nd for Payton may or may not be too much. Only time will tell because you never know what those picks will turn into or how Payton will perform.

One thing I will say about Payton though - at least you know the odds of success with him are better than any other candidate.

I want to know whether he would have actually come to the Cards over the Broncos if we were willing to pay the price, but we probably never will.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That source could just as well be this board.
This all ties into public reporting just FYI before y’all throw the baby out with the bath water.
100%. People don't like the news (and I'm not innocent of this, either) then they attack the source.

I have no idea why anyone -- and Cardinals fans especially -- would run to the defense of a proven boob like Michael Bidwill. More power to you, I guess.

Personally, I'll believe the guys in Vegas setting the odds, as their inside sources are probably way more reliable than anyone on Reddit. I don't think Quinn was the 1st and only choice, out the gate at all.
I believe it only because Michael wishes Jerry Jones were his actual daddy and would do anything to get a little of that shine. Michael certainly acted like he wanted to get his Rooney Rule responsibilities out of the way as quickly as possible.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Look at our last 3 coaches

BA - “retired” from the Cardinals only to come back to a different organization a year later just months later despite our job being open

Wilks - unceremoniously canned later sued the team

Kliff - proven loser head coach then through sources leaks an article to ESPN trashing the organization on his way out.

The organization and its ownership’s reputation isn’t the best in the league.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

BA - “retired” from the Cardinals only to come back to a different organization a year later just months later despite our job being open

Kliff - proven loser head coach then through sources leaks an article to ESPN trashing the organization on his way out.

Its up to MB to fix that. So far failed again.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is overstated. I reckon the main people that think we have a "bad reputation" are the Orgs own fans.

The Texans are a dumpster fire that sacked 2 black coaches in successive years yet was attractive enough for a 3rd.

The Broncos are on their 3rd HC since 2019 and have apparently sidelined a GM that has a good reputation around the league.

The Panthers have been changing QB's like Tepper swaps out Yachts and have no starting QB on their roster yet still managed to attract a guy that just went through 4 years of QB hell.

People will go where they want to go (or avoid where they don't) for a hundred different reasons. I don't think there is any reputational dark cloud hanging over the Org that coaches are avoiding.

I think Sean Payton would have come here. I think Frank Reich would have come here. I think Dan Quinn would have come here.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is overstated. I reckon the main people that think we have a "bad reputation" are the Orgs own fans.

The Texans are a dumpster fire that sacked 2 black coaches in successive years yet was attractive enough for a 3rd.

The Broncos are on their 3rd HC since 2019 and have apparently sidelined a GM that has a good reputation around the league.

The Panthers have been changing QB's like Tepper swaps out Yachts and have no starting QB on their roster yet still managed to attract a guy that just went through 4 years of QB hell.

People will go where they want to go (or avoid where they don't) for a hundred different reasons. I don't think there is any reputational dark cloud hanging over the Org that coaches are avoiding.

I think Sean Payton would have come here. I think Frank Reich would have come here. I think Dan Quinn would have come here.
Dude. You don't get that these are some of the worst-run franchises in the NFL, and it's BAD to be considered in the same conversation as them.

According to you, Demeco Ryans was going to go nowhere else except Houston because of his ties to that community.

The Broncos had to pay through the nose in terms of trade compensation and salary to get Sean Payton, after at least two choices said thanks but no thanks.

The Panthers got a guy who was fired midseason by a team who decided that This Guy On TV is a better option (And still thinks so!). A guy that openly embraced and defended Carson Freaking Wentz.

Dan Quinn decided he'd rather chill as an assistant in Jerryworld to a guy whose seat is already warm than come work for Michael.

The NFL is too close and closed a community for anyone to come out and say "I don't want to work for that guy", but how many whispers do you need to hear before thinking there might be something to it?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude. You don't get that these are some of the worst-run franchises in the NFL, and it's BAD to be considered in the same conversation as them.

According to you, Demeco Ryans was going to go nowhere else except Houston because of his ties to that community.

The Broncos had to pay through the nose in terms of trade compensation and salary to get Sean Payton, after at least two choices said thanks but no thanks.

The Panthers got a guy who was fired midseason by a team who decided that This Guy On TV is a better option (And still thinks so!). A guy that openly embraced and defended Carson Freaking Wentz.

Dan Quinn decided he'd rather chill as an assistant in Jerryworld to a guy whose seat is already warm than come work for Michael.

The NFL is too close and closed a community for anyone to come out and say "I don't want to work for that guy", but how many whispers do you need to hear before thinking there might be something to it?

What whispers? The only whispers I hear are from fans.

Payton didn't interview here for a whole day because we suck. Dan Quinn didn't fly in for a 2nd interview because we have a bad reputation.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What whispers? The only whispers I hear are from fans.

Payton didn't interview here for a whole day because we suck. Dan Quinn didn't fly in for a 2nd interview because we have a bad reputation.
You said yourself that Zoom Interviews don't really count and so Technically the 2nd Interview was the first interview. Then, after that, he decided he'd rather get bounced in the division round and take over Beev's job next year.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I reckon the main people that think we have a "bad reputation" are the Orgs own fans.
You would reckon this.

I would love for the rest of the league to respect the Cards enough to earn a bad reputation - hate to break the news to you, but to the vast majority of the NFL, the Cards are a joke and not worthy of consideration.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys I'm good with

Flores
Anurumo
Glenn (I hear Glenn is a great leader, hard coach and players love him. After watching some YouTube on him I can see it. He's highly respected)

Guys I don't want

Evero
Callahan
Joseph
Kafka

Guy we should interview but haven't

Raheem Morris
Brian Johnson
Shane Steichen
This Raheem Morris? Smh

Awful…