Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The more I read about Lou, the more interesting it becomes. As with every other defensive candidate we've discussed though, what's the plan on offense?

At least Lou's been around. No worries about not having any NFL connections to build a staff with.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So if I understand, it was clear about half way through the season Kingsbury was likely enough to go. A wise man would have started considering his options. When the season neared the end he would have narrowed his options to 5 or so candidates dumped Kingsbury about game 15. On Black Monday he would have set his 5 interviews immediately unless one was delayed by the playoffs, then reset ASAP. Do 5 interviews, no need for a second round. Pick your man and make him an offer he can’t refuse; don’t let him leave unsigned. If you picked right, how do you overpay a guy who changes the future of the franchise. With Bidwill in charge, why am I not surprised it didn’t go down that way?

Well, obviously because Keim had gone and the new GM had to be involved in the HC search. So he had to interview GMs first.

Considering that he's actually done well to stay in phase with most everyone else.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Carolina hired a winning college coach that failed. We hired a losing college coach who failed. Carolina has a solid roster missing a QB. We have a meh roster and a QB who we take about moving on from in two years. Don’t know where you feel we are in a position to take junk to Carolina.

We can talk all the trash on Tepper. He's done absolutely nothing positive there so far.

The team is 29-53 since he took over. They have wasted a bunch of draft picks on trash QBs.

They were 51-28 in the 5 years before Tepper took over.

Not sure how making them significantly worse is a good thing.

You're suffering from a serious bout of "the Cards are worse than everyone".

McNair, Tepper and Irsay are all worse than Mike.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reich is a experienced HC with a winning record. Payton was had for a late first and second and at least brings competence. Ryans was pursued by several teams, knows the division, and has ties to one of the better offensive schemes in football. We pursued them all and they all said no.

Reich was never going anywhere other than the Panthers

Ryan's was never going anywhere other than Houston.

Both of these are like fans of another team complaining Larry Fitzgerald choosing to coach for the Cards over them.

A 1st and 2nd for Payton was too much and Denver made a desperation move.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys I'm good with

Flores
Anurumo
Glenn (I hear Glenn is a great leader, hard coach and players love him. After watching some YouTube on him I can see it. He's highly respected)

Guys I don't want

Evero
Callahan
Joseph
Kafka

Guy we should interview but haven't

Raheem Morris
Brian Johnson
Shane Steichen

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everyone talks about MB and the coach search. And I'm wondering if MO is involved?
I’ve wondered also how Monti’s “no room for ego” comment squares with Payton’s “larger than life” personality and coaching style.

Perhaps Monti has more influence than we previously thought and our new HC will be more out of a NE/Belichick mold.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If the dude from Chicago was truly the number one choice for GM, but he priced himself too high and/or was holding out for the Tennessee job, that's fine. If the Chicago bears stay crappy To mediocre the next couple of seasons, because they have a quarterback who can run like Lamar, but throws like Lindley, it may be a while before he gets another serious offer.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Reich was never going anywhere other than the Panthers

Ryan's was never going anywhere other than Houston.

Both of these are like fans of another team complaining Larry Fitzgerald choosing to coach for the Cards over them.

A 1st and 2nd for Payton was too much and Denver made a desperation move.

Why are so many of you putting an apostrophe in "Ryans"? Auto-correct or just bad grammar/spelling?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose