Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
A lot of dissonance between “there’s only 32 of these jobs; guys will take what’s offered” and “if he chooses us it’s a clear endorsement that he thinks Murray is great.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bidwill's most important and expensive investment is Kyler.

He must make a hire(s) that protect and get the most return on that investment.

Anything else would be insane. I hope Mikey isn't insane.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I think I was wrong about Flores. Since the Cards announced they would interview him, I’ve communicate with several knowledgeable people. I had endorsed Flores because of his ability to produce a winning record while his ownership was trying to tank the team. I truly was impressed by the way he got his depleted team to pull together. Since the Cards have both a dysfunctional owner and a dysfunctional team culture, he seemed a great pick. However, after consulting several sources, I don’t believe he would be a good choice, though I’m confident he’d help the defense. It‘s not just his background is heavily defense, it’s that the general feeling is that he struggled to build an effective offensive coaching staff in Miami. That group failed to develop a cohesive offensive line and failed to maximize Tua’s skillset. Since I believe the Cards have to fix the offense above all else, I‘d rather look elsewhere for a coach.

I'm actually feeling the opposite. I think the Cardinals need to return to Great defensive football and want them to concentrate on fixing that side of the ball first. I'm not sold on Kyler being fixable or if he even thinks that he needs to be fixed. Can Kyler play under center and function in a pro style play action offense? Who knows??? But a pro style offense is where I want the Cardinals to go.

I do think the Defense can be fixed faster than the offense. I'd like to see what Flores could do with Collins and Simmons. Should be easier for Zaven in Flores 3-4 Tite Front scheme. Clog the line and stop the run. Baker and Thompson causing confusion for the opposing QB. Draft some defensive studs early. Keep the games close.

On offense bring in some OL pieces via FA and draft a young RB. See if Kyler can run a pro style offense that emphasizes play action more. If he can't cut bait an find a QB in 2024.

Sunburst

Veteran
Reaction score
Sadly this is looking like classic Cardinals where we end up with Vance Joseph or Brian Flores

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm actually feeling the opposite. I think the Cardinals need to return to Great defensive football and want them to concentrate on fixing that side of the ball first. I'm not sold on Kyler being fixable or if he even thinks that he needs to be fixed. Can Kyler play under center and function in a pro style play action offense? Who knows??? But a pro style offense is where I want the Cardinals to go.

I do think the Defense can be fixed faster than the offense. I'd like to see what Flores could do with Collins and Simmons. Should be easier for Zaven in Flores 3-4 Tite Front scheme. Clog the line and stop the run. Baker and Thompson causing confusion for the opposing QB. Draft some defensive studs early. Keep the games close.

On offense bring in some OL pieces via FA and draft a young RB. See if Kyler can run a pro style offense that emphasizes play action more. If he can't cut bait an find a QB in 2024.
I agree. Become a smash mouth football team and force Kyler to be a real NFL QB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave