Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tough time believing that Kyler could handle Flores if Tua couldn’t

I think the whole Tua narrative is overblown. Here's Flores own words on the subject.

I don't think they were best buddies. But then that was Kliff's problem.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wilks/McCoy/Rosen flamed out in 1 year
Keim/Kliff have had a 1 1/2-year flameout
We simply can't have another implosion

Why exactly should we consider a volatile personality like Flores?

It's madness if we do.

How is Flores volatile?

How is he any different from Mike Tomlin?

For what it's worth I believe Flores could be the next Tomlin. The qualities that make Tomlin a great HC I see in Flores too. Nobody says Tomlin is defensive or offensive. He's just a HC.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All of the head coaches remaining in the playoffs have offensive backgrounds, and the Cardinals need to fix their young, franchise QB. Flores makes such little sense that the Cardinals just might hire him because, well, they are the Cardinals.

McDermott says Hi

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For those interested in Flores this is a good interview. I highly recommend everyone watches it.

I challenge anyone to watch this and not come out the other side thinking Flores would be a great HC. He's exactly what fans have been asking for.

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Sean, but I think Daboll is the one who developed Allen enough to where now hes just too talented for them not to be good.
Probably, but Sean did get that Buffalo team to the playoffs for the first time in a long time & this was before Josh even got there.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
comes down to OC

if he doesnt have a good one -- we probably get the 2022 Jets, or, maybe on the upside, the Titans of the last five years.

a competitive team that plays hard but not enough offensive juice to be really dangerous.

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Anyone but Joseph I'll be ok with

Really want Payton but also don't want cards to trade a ton of draft capital to obtain him

We shall see hoping for a good outcome.....

Who is Ryan's? I don't know much on him
Sign me up for the anyone but Joseph.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I've seen his name mentioned a few times but have no idea about him, anyone with thoughts on him??
Been with the Cowboys a long time. Was in his position, prior to McCarthy. Is still under 35 years old. Former QB. Had some HC interviews last year and has at least 1 (Carolina) this year, too.

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
For those interested in Flores this is a good interview. I highly recommend everyone watches it.

I challenge anyone to watch this and not come out the other side thinking Flores would be a great HC. He's exactly what fans have been asking for.

Just spent over an hour watching this. Challenge accepted. Please do not hire Brian Flores as his record as a head coach does not matter. LOL
He is NOT what we fans want. We suffered through 4-13 this year and are not interested in another loser.

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

"We've seen all the conversations that Flores basically had with Tua, where Flores told Tua at halftime of the Tennessee game -- this has all been reported -- I don't think Flores was shy about telling him, 'Hey, I should've picked Mac Jones.' I don't think he was shy about telling him that. In fact, I know that he wasn't. I remember I said there was commentary between the head coach and Tua during the season and I wouldn't reveal what the conversation was. Well, the conversation was, 'Hey, if I'd have knew you were going to be this bad, I would've picked Mac Jones.' "

People want a coach that will challenge Murray, Flores just seems like a prick. There is a difference. It doesn't help that Tua has been much better ever since Flores left.

Flores is reverse Kingsbury. The worst team ever at the start of season, finish strong at the end (only to still miss the playoffs). Two of his 3 teams had 7 game losing streaks.

Look at Kingsburys record after 3 years:

24-24-1

Flores record after 3 years:

24-25

It's just hard for me to imagine that Flores is an upgrade from Kliff. Based on draft hit rates, Flores was also working with more talent than Kliff was.

Belittling a player does not make a player better. You cannot shame a player to be more effective. A prick is just that and has no business coaching.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just spent over an hour watching this. Challenge accepted. Please do not hire Brian Flores as his record as a head coach does not matter. LOL
He is NOT what we fans want. We suffered through 4-13 this year and are not interested in another loser.

If you come out of that thinking Flores is ever going 4-13 I'm not sure what you are watching.

He might not be what you want. I'm pretty sure you can't speak for all fans.

Fans been wanting the shiny offensive coach for years and most of them suck as leaders. I remember in 2018 lots of fans were calling for John DeFilippo. Remember him? He couldn't even hack it as an OC. He's now with the new Orleans breakers.

Give me Sean Payton. But if not I'll take Flores over these 1 year 33 year old OC's all day.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kliff strikes me as the type who will want to vindicate himself, not hope someone else does it for him.
Doesn’t strike me as that type at all. I think his attitude is likely more “welp, that happened. Can’t believe I got to be head coach of an nfl team! Man that was harder than I expected. Not sure I want to put in those hours again anytime soon.”

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like Sean, but I think Daboll is the one who developed Allen enough to where now hes just too talented for them not to be good.

Well, Daboll was the offensive coordinator and previously a QB coach. It was his job to develop Allen.

And no matter who the CARDS select as H-C, it will be up to the O-C & QB coach to work with KM to get the best out of him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson