Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Initially I didn’t like the idea of trading a pick for Payton but after digging into it I realized a couple of things. The 3rd pick probably has a 75% chance of being a game changer. On top of that they are probably gone in 7-10 years if they are and that’s best case scenario. If Payton works out he’s here maybe 20 years and completely changes the culture of the organization like Bill B in New England did.

I feel the same way about the focus on having a plan for Kyler. I want someone to have a plan for sustained success and Kyler (love or hate him) is probably not long for this league. So what is the plan for after?

I’m tired of doing this crap every 3-5 years and want someone that can figure out a way to win even when things aren’t optimal.
Lol… no way I’m hell Payton would be here 10 years much less 20 if he came here

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is. Doubt he's going alone and doesn't have a fixed end date. That's freedom at it's finest.

What's the "joke" if it's true?

There's more than ladyboys there you know, and a whole SE Asia to roam.
The dude's already dating an Instagram model... or was.

I have no problem with a man who has money doing whatever the eff he wants, but outside of showing up at the facility at 3 AM, Kliff's always struck me as a dudebro who would rather be seen and hook up than be a leader of men in a locker room. Which is totally fine for Kliff the human, but not Kliff the coach of the Arizona Cardinals.

Nothing to do with ladyboys or anything, but the concept of buying a literal one way ticket to Thailand makes me chuckle. To be fair, I'm a little biased with my perception of the place. My ex-roommate/one of my best buddy's dad moved to Thailand after his divorce and basically just had easy sex on the strength of the American dollar until he died of heart failure.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Neither do first round picks . So would you rather have Jalen Carter or Sean Payton?
A HC also needs a solid roster to be competitive & win. We have a bottom-tier roster. We’re not in any position to give up premium assets for a HC.

And the answer is Will Anderson.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And why is he even on the hot seat? He was handed a really crappy team in 2020 & won 9 last year & 10 this year. The guy deserves 2 more years.
Kind of my point, bad teams are quick to make changes to the next cool thing rather than build. You can’t hire a guy like Kliff , watch him improve every year and then fire him after the most injury plagued season they have had in a while. Especially after it’s been agreed the GM is a big part of the problem.

How many first round picks are making an impact on the team ? Would Payton have more of an impact? That’s the decision .

We will have another 1st rounder next year, not another shot at a coach like Payton.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DeMeco Ryans or Shane Steichen for Cardinals head coach please with Sean Payton almost certainly now going to the LA Chargers. :)

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
And why is he even on the hot seat? He was handed a really crappy team in 2020 & won 9 last year & 10 this year. The guy deserves 2 more years.
1) The Chargers DIDN’T make the playoffs in 2021 because Staley elected to not settle for a tie last season. He also cost them a TD in the first half going for a 4th down around his own 25 yard line

2) the Chargers choked & let the 3rd biggest comeback in playoff history tonight. He is the defensive coordinator that allowed both huge comebacks

All on his watch. Many many questionable coaching decisions. He’s gone!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1) The Chargers DIDN’T make the playoffs in 2021 because Staley elected to not settle for a tie last season. He also cost them a TD in the first half going for a 4th down around his own 25 yard line

2) the Chargers choked & let the 3rd biggest comeback in playoff history tonight. He is the defensive coordinator that allowed both huge comebacks

All on his watch. Many many questionable coaching decisions. He’s gone!
3rd and 1. Up 27 at the half and they call a stupid reverse. Guy fumbles the ball and Jacksonville scores a TD on the next drive to end the half. Just awful.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
3rd and 1. Up 27 at the half and they call a stupid reverse. Guy fumbles the ball and Jacksonville scores a TD on the next drive to end the half. Just awful.
I think the guy in motion was a fake decoy...if you watch closely, he avoided the ball like the plague. The timing was off and he didn't clear the QB before the snap. It would have been a fake to him and then a pitch to the right for Ekler.... basically misdirection.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No idiot would choose to coach us over the chargers. They are in a much better position roster/salary cap wise than us.

They are $10m over the cap in 2023 already and they have to shed enough talent over the next 2 seasons to free up $50m a year for Herbert.

And just as they pay Herbert thet lose Allen, Williams and Ekeler. Samuel Jr, Murray and Palmer needs paying.

That whole offense needs rebuilding in the next 2 years and they need to crush both drafts.

Paying Joey Bosa $27m per was one of the worst contracts ever.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard