BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Caldwell out as an OC option for a defensive HC

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Demarco has a roster full of talent. It would take 3 years to accumulate the talent he has now, and that’s if we hit on all picks and made all the right moves.
That scares me.

This is the glaring issue for this team.

If it were up to me, I'd eat as much cap in 23 to catch up as much as possible, accumulate as many draft picks as possible, and just run with VJ at HC.

It's more important to get a strong GM to build the roster out and clear the cap between 23 and 24. Look for a premium HC going into 25.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Count me as a Flores fan. If he could hire the right offensive coordinator, I'd love for Flores to be the guy. Hire him and Ian Cunningham and I bet they could turn things around.

I dunno, man. He was pretty hard on Tua, and his OC of choice was Chan Gailey.

I like him as a coach, but I think he might be more of a guy who you want when you have an established QB. He's a hard pick if your main goal it to optimize for Kyler Murray.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I like him as a coach, but I think he might be more of a guy who you want when you have an established QB. He's a hard pick if your main goal it to optimize for Kyler Murray.
Good points, but I would like to see Murray used in a traditional NFL offense and I do want a coach that is going to challenge Murray.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not to mention the constant OC turnover.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Ossenfort is the GM I can see Flores getting the HC job.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Count me as a Flores fan. If he could hire the right offensive coordinator, I'd love for Flores to be the guy. Hire him and Ian Cunningham and I bet they could turn things around.
Flores + Kyler would be an interesting combo

like watching Free Solo kinda interesting-- but without knowing if he makes it to the top ahead of time

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Okay, I think I was wrong about Flores. Since the Cards announced they would interview him, I’ve communicate with several knowledgeable people. I had endorsed Flores because of his ability to produce a winning record while his ownership was trying to tank the team. I truly was impressed by the way he got his depleted team to pull together. Since the Cards have both a dysfunctional owner and a dysfunctional team culture, he seemed a great pick. However, after consulting several sources, I don’t believe he would be a good choice, though I’m confident he’d help the defense. It‘s not just his background is heavily defense, it’s that the general feeling is that he struggled to build an effective offensive coaching staff in Miami. That group failed to develop a cohesive offensive line and failed to maximize Tua’s skillset. Since I believe the Cards have to fix the offense above all else, I‘d rather look elsewhere for a coach.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay, I think I was wrong about Flores. Since the Cards announced they would interview him, I’ve communicate with several knowledgeable people. I had endorsed Flores because of his ability to produce a winning record while his ownership was trying to tank the team. I truly was impressed by the way he got his depleted team to pull together. Since the Cards have both a dysfunctional owner and a dysfunctional team culture, he seemed a great pick. However, after consulting several sources, I don’t believe he would be a good choice, though I’m confident he’d help the defense. It‘s not just his background is heavily defense, it’s that the general feeling is that he struggled to build an effective offensive coaching staff in Miami. That group failed to develop a cohesive offensive line and failed to maximize Tua’s skillset. Since I believe the Cards have to fix the offense above all else, I‘d rather look elsewhere for a coach.
Outside of Peyton is the most qualified coach
As u said he had a good record with Miami despite playing against almost everyone
We need strong personality and he has it
Regarding the offense probably he can assemble a better staff now

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I like Flores as a coach but he would need to have a very good plan for the offensive side of the ball to be viable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA