Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Brisset had essentially his best year this past year, with that drama filled team.
Super happy someone said it, because I also think that Brisset's the best option for us this year. I want the guy to actually land a real job somewhere, because he deserves it, but I can't think of a better QB to manage a team in strife, like he just did the Browns.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's what I don't like about Lou:

He's been around the league for a long time...as a position coach. You'd think that if he was dynamic, he would have had multiple shots as a DC in the past.

True but you could say the exact same thing about BA.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm going to jump on the Gannon train. Not because I think he will make the best HC, I have no idea about that. It's pot luck.

But I think he can put the best staff together. Obviously has access to some talented Eagles coaches but he's been around the league on the coaching and exec side and apparently he's a big networker. Has friends throughout the game he's never worked with.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet...

If Gannon is the guy then it's obviously a Monti hire. Apparently they are friends and I assume Mike has never even met him.

So if he's been the guy they wanted from early on and they have been willing to wait for him this long then isn't that a good thing? For all the complaining it means that Mike is listening to and trusting Monti. It means they didn't drag their feet, they were just waiting on Monti's guy. It means all the narratives spun here are just that.

Take Payton. Maybe after they interviewed Payton it was Monti that killed it? Maybe he said "Payton is great, but he's pushing 60 and will cost multiple picks. I think Gannon can be a star HC for us for 25 years and we can get him for nothing".

Last edited:

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rapaport is saying Monday.

"The #AZCardinals are expected to interview #Eagles DC Jonathan Gannon following the Super Bowl, and the impressive young coach has emerged as a key candidate for Arizona’s head coach search, sources say. This will happen on Monday."

Arizona Sports is saying later this week. Which is it?

"The Arizona Cardinals are expected to request an interview with Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon for their head coaching position later this week."

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The HC search has taken too long for anyone to really care who the Cards now hire. There will be very little excitement with the fan base when the HC hiring is announced.
Fine by me. I couldn’t care less about who wins the press conference today. I only care about wins on Sundays.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Other than the last 2 fiascos of hires, since 2003, the Cards have been pretty good at hiring HC's. Arians was probably their best HC, Whiz got them to a SB, and Denny Green finally got them to bring legit NFL talent to the roster.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I didn't watch it live as it didn't start until midnight. I watched it his morning on Gamepass with the US broadcast feed.

But, had you watched it live - would it have been with GB sports broadcasters?

I had the choice of watching either the U.S. broadcast or in French.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What this team needs is someone who can unlock Kyler. If someone can do that, the defense will take care of itself.
Agreed. For anyone who is hiring Gannon to get a great defense, is he bringing CJG-J? Fletcher Cox? Slay? Suh? Brandon Graham? Reddick? Hargrave? Sweat? Jordan Davis? Bradberry? Maddox? Derek Barnett? In reality, the Eagles defense was great with great personnel. With Kyler and his contract, that will be very difficult to replicate. Benefits of a QB on a rookie deal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard