Cardinals : AJ green signed

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really don’t think I’ve felt more deflated by a signing. Doesn’t exactly show building a winning franchise. So hope I’m wrong

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
that presents a false choice that assumes there were no other options... in a FA WR class that had snd still has an array of options, none of them breaking the bank.

I agree with you. This would not be the guy I would sign, and I would have made it public already that the team was not interested in resigning Fitz.

But we aren't running the team.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Once Burrow went down in week 10...... Green saw 27 targets, 12 catches for 166 yards.

In 6 games!

EEEEEK!!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Couldn't agree more. 2019 was an injury year. Last year on a team he didn't want to be with, he played to play. Coming here with a better team and offense, he should feast opposite Nuk

so in his last three years, he missed 7 games in 2018, missed his entire season in 2019 and basically quit on his team in 2020.

Call me crazy but that doesn’t sound like a beast in the making to me.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The only way I’m happy with this signing is if they also get Juju. -DHop and AJ outside amd Juju in the slot.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This thread is funny.

Green has a Hall of Fame level career with 7 Pro Bowls and a 15 YPC average. Has one down year with a rookie QB, a garbage O line and a bad HC and he's suddenly trash.

He might be cooked, but you certainly can't base that on last years stats.

I like Player Profiler as they have some metrics others don't have and they show that Green had 939 unrealized air yards. That's 939 yards where he was open and the ball wasn't thrown his way, or it was off target. That was #3 in the league.

The reason for that you can see in another of their metrics, Target Quality Rating. This discounts short passes and puts a rating on pass quality on deep balls. Deep passes to Green had a TQR of 4.0. That was #103 in the league.

The difference between his targets and catchable targets was 30 percentage points.

I would rather have a younger guy like Samuel but I there's no doubt Green is more talented if he still has gas in the tank.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Couldn't agree more. 2019 was an injury year. Last year on a team he didn't want to be with, he played to play. Coming here with a better team and offense, he should feast opposite Nuk
So we allow him to come in.... reclaim his career only to get 12mm on the open market next year???? We needed a 2nd year team option

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don’t think I’ve felt more deflated by a signing. Doesn’t exactly show building a winning franchise. So hope I’m wrong

Well, it's about to get worse, because I'm pretty sure they are about to announce a big deal to keep Peterson.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz for a mill or two and NOT being counted on as THE guy next to Hop is a whole, whole other story to this signing.

lmao you said “Fitz for a million or 2” yea like never.... and there have been quite a few that Fitz should continue to play for as long as he wants even at 5-7 million due to his “leadership”

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol AJ Green? and bring back fitz? anyone else at retirement age on the market?

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Love this signing. AJ Green is finally healthy, wants a ring, and will be playing with a chip on his shoulder. He's a bonafide #1 WR so playing as the #2 WR opposite of DHOP, With Larry legend working the middle, there is reason to be excited in AZ this year!!

You forgot to add the :sarcasm: emoji

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it's about to get worse, because I'm pretty sure they are about to announce a big deal to keep Peterson.
At least he is close to matching up with what’s out there. But AJ Green? There are literally 6-8 other receivers out there that would be better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave