Cardinals : AJ green signed

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think he is a Fitzgerald replacement.

Yup. I mean, at this point, Fitz has to be gone. There's no way you can keep both on the roster. Zero chance, because that would kill your special teams.

I really, REALLY don't like this signing, because my feeling is that Keim is dusting his hands off with a, "Whelp, that's WR fixed for this season!" No, you bumbling moron, the WR position is very much NOT FIXED!!!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Larry is 5 years older and more washed. I guarantee Green has more left in the tank then Fitz.

Green might be a LITTLE better than Fitz at this point in their respective careers but his recent numbers sure don't make it look like he will be any more impactful during a game. Neither guy is a difference maker in games at this point in their careers. We get a guy who is even less threat after the catch (which is hard to believe), has a lower pass catch rate (by 30%!), had less yards per target, but he is 5 years younger, did double Larry's TD total (2 to 1) and had more yards per catch (which sounds good until you see that the ball traveled more than twice as far in the air before the catch). Is it better paying him $6m versus paying Larry $11m? Absolutely. I just don't see him being all that more productive though and think that money could have been spent smarter.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't like this very much, because I really doubt he gets back to form.

With that said, it's better to spend money on Green than Fitz.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Larry is 5 years older and more washed. I guarantee Green has more left in the tank then Fitz.

You guys keep making it seem like Green was the only option to go WR instead of Fitz... in a year with a wide array of options in FA, none of which are breaking the bank.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Watching NFL network and literally none of the experts seem to think hes washed...
A lot of big name players get passes based in reputations. You think any of the experts would call Larry washed either? No. But we all know he is. I’m willing to bet most bengals fans aren’t crying about this other than wishing he had retired with them for his legacy.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
God I want some other decent signings to make me feel ok about this one. Looks like the young WR is now off the table

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You guys keep making it seem like Green was the only option to go WR instead of Fitz... in a year with a wide array of options in FA, none of which are breaking the bank.
Yeah if this was replacing Fitz as the third wr after we got a legit #2 I’d be hood with it. But this is our #2 and makes me want to vomit.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like this very much, because I really doubt he gets back to form.

With that said, it's better to spend money on Green than Fitz.

that presents a false choice that assumes there were no other options... in a FA WR class that had snd still has an array of options, none of them breaking the bank.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. I mean, at this point, Fitz has to be gone. There's no way you can keep both on the roster. Zero chance, because that would kill your special teams.

I really, REALLY don't like this signing, because my feeling is that Keim is dusting his hands off with a, "Whelp, that's WR fixed for this season!" No, you bumbling moron, the WR position is very much NOT FIXED!!!
Lol! Fitz gone? Are you sure? You may be underestimating Keims ability to sign older players.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
But he’s not Larry is he. Larry doesn’t drop balls or miss many through injury. Next we’ll be making a splash signing by picking up Deon Sanders to play CB

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird that a league-sponsored cheerleading unit isn't talking trash about the signing.

do you watch? They say they don’t like the fit and call players done literally ALL THE TIME.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave