fudge Cancer!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's get an NBA Championship so he can cross that off the list as well.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Great stuff, great attitude; hard to feel anything but empathy for that young man.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My father is getting results of his PET scan this week--we are expecting stage 4 lymphoma (non-hodgkins). He has been my life long best friend. Kinda hits home for me here.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My father is getting results of his PET scan this week--we are expecting stage 4 lymphoma (non-hodgkins). He has been my life long best friend. Kinda hits home for me here.

Wish your father the best.

Unfortunately cancer has touched almost everyone in some way.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Really sorry to hear that. Hope it works out for the best, however possible.

My mom was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago. I can't recall the actual name of it but it was some sort of ovarian cancer. Thankfully they operated in time and it hadn't spread so she's been cancer free for 18 or 19 months now. Even though it's been gone that long, it's not something that is easy to move on from.

OP
OP
carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score

Sorry to hear, man.

I can only wish you and your family well.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Obviously this hits really close to home for many of us.....

You are not alone...... We are all behind you.

Thanks for sharing.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I wish you and your family the best, JC.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Sorry to hear man. Wishing only for the best for you and your family. As a recent cancer survivor myself, I have seen the impact it has on those we love as I went through my 2 year journey with my wife and 3 young children in the house with me. I hate everything about cancer.

Great story from Ricky. I’m sure we all have been touched by this horrible disease in one way or another. I feel it’s important to share stories like this to hopefully help all impacted by not just illness, but anything in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both my parents were cancer survivors but my dad passed away in Feb this year from complications from the cancer removal surgery. My mother survived having breast, esophageal and stomach cancer all at the same time. She is a walking miracle.

I agree with all....F cancer.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep. We actually find out tomorrow if my Mom has a serious cancer. We appreciate any positive thoughts and prayers. Its such a horrible disease as the stories that come from it just seem so unfair and far too common.

i love that the athletes share stuff like this and show their vulnerability. Was really impressed with Kevin Love sharing his anxiety issue. I had an out of no where bad anxiety phase a couple of years ago and its emberrassing but it helps talk about things like that in a major way, especially when guys like pro athletes are open about it.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
My positive thoughts to all dealing with this terrible disease. I myself am a prostate cancer survivor. Diagnosed it early at age 44.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson