Can we stick a fork in Chandler Jones?

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m off the re-sign Chandler movement now, but I make this proclamation.

Chandler Jones will be our MVP through the playoffs and Superbowl. He is saving himself for the postseason because he knows we are getting in. Once the postseason starts, he will play out of his mind for fame, glory, and $$$$$. I predict 12 sacks and a tipped pass deflection interception for a touchdown this postseason.

So let it be written, so let it be done!
These are pro athletes, they're not saving anything. Unless you're like Tom Brady or Michael Jordan, but even then I don't think they hold anything back at any time. Regarding Chandler, sometimes you just don't have it. It's not a criticism but more of an observation and I'm sure elite athletes like him have a really hard time accepting it. It's not a crime, it's just reality.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
These are pro athletes, they're not saving anything. Unless you're like Tom Brady or Michael Jordan, but even then I don't think they hold anything back at any time. Regarding Chandler, sometimes you just don't have it. It's not a criticism but more of an observation and I'm sure elite athletes like him have a really hard time accepting it. It's not a crime, it's just reality.
I’m not saying they don’t put forth effort, I’m talking about turning it on like the Mom that lifts a car off their child. There is a HUGE difference between regular season and playoffs.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m off the re-sign Chandler movement now, but I make this proclamation.

Chandler Jones will be our MVP through the playoffs and Superbowl. He is saving himself for the postseason because he knows we are getting in. Once the postseason starts, he will play out of his mind for fame, glory, and $$$$$. I predict 12 sacks and a tipped pass deflection interception for a touchdown this postseason.

So let it be written, so let it be done!

The best teams in the playoffs generally have some of the best tackles. Chandler can't get it done vs Dennis Daley and Billy Turner.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think anybody in Cardinals org right now has more playoff experience than CJ. He has played in 4 x AFC championship games & 1 Superbowl. Come playoffs he will probably one of the few players on that D that won't be like a deer in headlights.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe hes not saving anything but some athletes definitely seem to get a second wind when they're in the playoffs. Most recent one that comes to mind is Leonard Fournette last year. He was barely getting snaps most games and was a healthy scratch for a couple games in the regular season last year. Then he just turned it on when the Bucs made the playoffs.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe hes not saving anything but some athletes definitely seem to get a second wind when they're in the playoffs. Most recent one that comes to mind is Leonard Fournette last year. He was barely getting snaps most games and was a healthy scratch for a couple games in the regular season last year. Then he just turned it on when the Bucs made the playoffs.
Is that a second win? Sounds more like fresh legs because he barely played all year.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That

was a really poor play..i’m not even sure what he was thinking?? He has contain, and is s better player than that.
But i love CJ ..i believe, he has a lot more great plays this year…remember this!!

It's so bad though. It's so bad it's like he malfunctioned.

You could ask Kyler to throw the ball into the stands and pick any random person the ball hits, whether that a 300lb 60 year old or an 8 year old kid, put them in pads and a helmet for that play and they would do a better job. CJ was unblocked with a clear view, all the rando would need to do would be to take a step in the right direction. Something CJ never did.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Sadly I’m beginning to think so. He’s a shadow of his former ability.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the kind of game that we need somebody like Chandler to step up and ball out… He needs to show he’s worth what he think he’s worth

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the kind of game that we need somebody like Chandler to step up and ball out… He needs to show he’s worth what he think he’s worth
Kudos to Chandler!! Love listening to how eloquent he is after a great team win.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The easiest way to get a player to play better is to talk bad about their performance. It's almost like they hear you.

Reaction score
There was mention on local news following the game in Seattle that Colt McCoy saw CJ working on moves during pre-game and went up to him and said, "Quit thinking so much and just get after it!" Wise advice; and just another reason to be glad the Cardinals went after and got McCoy!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson