Can we blame Vogel?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Same with Dantoni.

If Sarver didn’t pinch pennies during Nash’s prime years D’Antoni is remembered as the greatest coach in Valley history. That’s not to say he didn’t have his flaws but he had all time bad luck in a lot of different ways like injuries and bad management.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
i prefer coaches like monty and dantoni who aren't afraid to take issue with players - instead of enabling fake geniuses too afraid to say a got damn thing

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i prefer coaches like monty and dantoni who aren't afraid to take issue with players - instead of enabling fake geniuses too afraid to say a got damn thing
Seems like this is a huge problem with Vogel. It seems like he's in awe of Booker and Durant. A good coach would've told them to stop making the same easily avoidable mistakes every game.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
You guys know we have a game tonight, right? I also don't see the Bucks thread. Where the heck did it go? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Sarver didn’t pinch pennies during Nash’s prime years D’Antoni is remembered as the greatest coach in Valley history. That’s not to say he didn’t have his flaws but he had all time bad luck in a lot of different ways like injuries and bad management.
D'Antoni did plenty of self damage. His stubbornness to have it his way and his inability to manage in game when something wasn't working was beyond frustrating.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
D'Antoni did plenty of self damage. His stubbornness to have it his way and his inability to manage in game when something wasn't working was beyond frustrating.
One thing both he and Monty had in common - they were each in their own ways undermined by their own obstinacy.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people blame Vogel. Dave Patsch called the Bucks game and was interviewed on the radio about things he noticed.

Said he watched the bench during the time outs, and Vogel was visibly frustrated with the defensive effort. Said the Suns over-help too much in the paint and leave the 3pt shooters alone. That just dumb players, lol. Patsch said he was shocked at the lack of urgency from most players.

I mean, these are adult professional athletes. They don't like to be called out in the media but I hope in the locker room somebody does.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm the only one I know who thinks Alvin gentry was the best coach the Phoenix Suns have had at least in the last 20 years. I thought he took the good aspects of Mike D and mixed in better defense and a especially good management of the bench. If I remember correctly when they made that change we immediately went from having one of the worst benches to one of the best in the league without any real change in the personnel.

Superbone

Reaction score
You guys know we have a game tonight, right? I also don't see the Bucks thread. Where the heck did it go? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.
Seriously? Did I miss something? All I got was jokes. The Bucks game day thread got deleted and there hasn't been a game day thread since.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously? Did I miss something? All I got was jokes. The Bucks game day thread got deleted and there hasn't been a game day thread since.
I still see the Bucks game day thread along with the others created since the Bucks game (Philly and the Hawks). I'm not sure what's going on for you but the last post to the Bucks thread was Monday night.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can see this?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think I'm the only one I know who thinks Alvin gentry was the best coach the Phoenix Suns have had at least in the last 20 years. I thought he took the good aspects of Mike D and mixed in better defense and a especially good management of the bench. If I remember correctly when they made that change we immediately went from having one of the worst benches to one of the best in the league without any real change in the personnel.
I was just telling my wife, had we, as fans, had the benefit of knowing the coaches that followed Gentry, I think we all would have insisted he stay!

Superbone

Reaction score
Maybe you have the poster who creates the gameday thread on ignore?
Whoa. You called it. Somehow I had Mainstreet on ignore. I have NO idea how that happened. It definitely was not intentional. I really was in the Twilight Zone where nobody knew what I was talking about. Crazy.

Is it really that easy to accidentally ignore someone? Thanks for figuring it out!

Superbone

Reaction score
You can see this?

I can now thanks to Ouchie’s deduction. Seriously, man. That was wild. I didn’t know what was going on!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Whoa. You called it. Somehow I had Mainstreet on ignore. I have NO idea how that happened. It definitely was not intentional. I really was in the Twilight Zone where nobody knew what I was talking about. Crazy.

Is it really that easy to accidentally ignore someone? Thanks for figuring it out!
It’s happened to me before. That’s the only reason I posted the possibility.

Superbone

Reaction score
Yeah I remember when it happened to me. I was so baffled.
I think I just figured out how it happens. Mainstreet starts many of the threads so his name hyperlink is just below the thread title. I often browse on my iPad which is a touchscreen. My finger sometimes misses the the thread title and instead pops up Mainstreet’s window which has the Ignore button just above his name. I probably accidentally hit it when trying to make the window go away so I can try to open the thread again.

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
The team's D'Antoni and Monty had in their best years, they have better overall teams than what we have today. Vogel is a proven winner, won a title in LA.

Feel some people have overrated this team. We are good. We're not title level good. We are exactly where we should be, 10-12 games above .500 based on the health of Beal, and the level of defense we have as a team. This team hasn't underacheived, but they certainly aren't bad.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard