Can Sunderland ACTUALLY do it??

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
So, from what I understand from the local drunk guy at my pub; if Sunderland wins two games straight they can go into the Priemership....

Do you think that they can do it?

Honestly, I think that they have a shot but wouldn't say that outloud (in my town)...

OP
OP
SouthNZoneFan

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
Renz said:
Sunderland will beat Ipswich and Leicester and win The Championship.

I guarantee it! :thumbup:

We will see if they win on Sunday

OP
OP
SouthNZoneFan

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
Yeah,

A great game (GREAT)!!!

But the fans really enjoyed seeing Newcastle loose to MAN U in the afternoon. I have to say that I hated it, but it is cool.

Now, Sunderland has to win to game out of the next three??????

Crazy, but I think that their odds keeps going down every game they have a draw at...

James

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ugh. Newcastle United. Ugh. If I wasn't a die-hard, I'd want to dump them as my team. Ugh. The season is now meaningless. No way we qualify for the Champs League. No way we qualify for the UEFA Cup. No way we win any other tourneys this year. No way we get relegated. Ugh. This sucks :(

OP
OP
SouthNZoneFan

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
Stout said:
Ugh. Newcastle United. Ugh. If I wasn't a die-hard, I'd want to dump them as my team. Ugh. The season is now meaningless. No way we qualify for the Champs League. No way we qualify for the UEFA Cup. No way we win any other tourneys this year. No way we get relegated. Ugh. This sucks :(

Yeah, there aren't too many happy fans after the last three to four games...

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
we HAVE to win in sat...got my tickets today and am kacking myself already

we need 5 points from three games but with West Ham away still to come i am not sure :shrug:

we need Leeds to do us a favour and take some points off Ipswich on Sat i think!

Stout

Reaction score
Wow, I thought you guys were pretty set at the top. Do you feel confident in winning the mini-tourney should you not win automatic promotion?

English on tour

Reaction score
Stout said:
Wow, I thought you guys were pretty set at the top. Do you feel confident in winning the mini-tourney should you not win automatic promotion?

not after previous years mate, we have lost 4, times twice in semis and twice at wembley finals

having been at all of those games....i hate the playoffs :hulk:

English on tour

Reaction score
Stout said:
Ouch! Okay, so with so few games remaining, how many points are you clear of the playoff zone?

5 with 3 games left - we need to pick up 5 points in the games to make sure

any other team and it would easy..............but sunderland!!!!!

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
This is old news by now, but Sunderland won The Championship! They clinched it last week by beating West Ham 1-2.

I can't wait to play Newcastle next season. :thumbup:

Stout

Reaction score
Renz said:
This is old news by now, but Sunderland won The Championship! They clinched it last week by beating West Ham 1-2.

I can't wait to play Newcastle next season. :thumbup:

Well, we should have our act together to start the season...Robert gone, Dyer either gone or in shape, Shearer back, probably a new signing at striker, a healthy defense (which has great potential--when healthy), same for the midfield, and some budding young talent.

And, if not...we'll still have Sunderland to whoop up on :D

Seriously, though, it'll be a fight for your lives next year. Not many teams that win promotion manage to stay up.