TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This front office might as well be eating paste

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can tell you right now this isn’t a good look when it comes to players around the league. Making guys go into there last year with no guarantee isn’t a good look especially when they’ve produced

What a horrible fail of an offseason
Considering he's never played more than 66 games in a season and has a career PER of 13.4, it's being very generous to suggest he's "produced". His PER of 15.2 last season indicates he's improving but considering his strengths tend to show up in the counting stats, that's not exactly impressive.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can tell you right now this isn’t a good look when it comes to players around the league. Making guys go into there last year with no guarantee isn’t a good look especially when they’ve produced

I really don't think it's an issue. It can easily be pawned off as that was the last ownership group, we are different.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering he's never played more than 66 games in a season and has a career PER of 13.4, it's being very generous to suggest he's "produced". His PER of 15.2 last season indicates he's improving but considering his strengths tend to show up in the counting stats, that's not exactly impressive.

Oh my bad I was under the impression he was an important part of this team.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score

It's not as troublesome for a rookie you drop just beginning... but for a guy you said was a part of your young core who actually played and performed...it is a concerning pattern of behavior/attitude that's odd when you look at what the other 29 teams do where the players value to the team is more important than their market value. It's interesting business practice.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He might be gone after his contract it up. I have a feeling now the Suns are going to try and get a traditional PF. If they land one? Cam J's time in a Suns uniform just started a countdown. Sounds to me if something couldn't get done? He was asking for a good chunk of money.

James Jones really likes Cam Johnson, so if he has his way, I think the Suns will match any offer when he becomes a restricted free agent.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh my bad I was under the impression he was an important part of this team.
I think he can be but he's not there yet. It's a gamble moving him into the starting lineup, one we probably needed to take but it's still a gamble.

Right now, he's a favorite of many here because unlike every other player in the rotation, we've put no real expectations on him. But even allowing for the difference in draft position, if we measured him by the same kind of criteria that we use to judge Bridges or Ayton, almost everyone here would be calling for his head.

We need to see the CamJ we saw in that Knicks game more often than once a year especially if he's starting.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s not only the not signing him part

Now you’ve backed yourself into a corner if you want to trade him. It’s the Stix situation all over again

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he can be but he's not there yet. It's a gamble moving him into the starting lineup, one we probably needed to take but it's still a gamble.

Right now, he's a favorite of many here because unlike every other player in the rotation, we've put no real expectations on him. But even allowing for the difference in draft position, if we measured him by the same kind of criteria that we use to judge Bridges or Ayton, almost everyone here would be calling for his head.

We need to see the CamJ we saw in that Knicks game more often than once a year especially if he's starting.

Oh I highly disagree with all of that. No expectations? The fans killed this team for taking him so did national media and he’s come out and proven the Suns right.

Didn’t he finish 2nd in the league in three point shooting?

Man you really got a low opinion of him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson is the last guy I think is going to create chemistry problems.

Jae Crowder wants to be traded elsewhere because the Suns told him he was coming off the bench. Also, he wanted a contract extension.

Deandre Ayton just went through messy contract negotiations.

And now the Suns are telling their new starting power forward in Cam Johnson, they don't think he is worth what he was asking and he is Crowder's replacement.

It adds up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Now you’ve backed yourself into a corner if you want to trade him. It’s the Stix situation all over again

It's more like the Ayton contract situation than Stix. The Suns didn't pick up the option on Jalen Smith.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s not the way to do business

We do not know what kind of financial restraints James Jones may be under. He has always talked highly of Cam Johnson.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
We do not know what kind of financial restraints James Jones may be under. He has always talked highly of Cam Johnson.

But doesn't the business of basketball still have to go on until the sale is made (which could take a long time) and isn't this is a "given" the new owner must accept? The new owner can adjust their offer according to what cost it will or won't eat that past the cost back to the seller to take out of any profit.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It worked with Ayton and it will work with Cam. Hell they paid Ayton now let him score 25 a game. Cam should of taken the money, what are his stats going to be? 16 points 6 boards. what is that going to get him on the open market?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But doesn't the business of basketball still have to go on until the sale is made (which could take a long time) and isn't this is a "given" the new owner must accept? The new owner can adjust their offer according to what cost it will or won't eat that past the cost back to the seller to take out of any profit.

When Jerry Colangelo sold the Suns, he traded two first round picks and a second round pick to get rid of Tom Gugliotta's salary to make the sale more attractive.

If the previous owner wants to save money, it can get ugly.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't like the optics and it's a pattern that directed to certain players. What is confusing is you moved a starter to start him so you had to think he was valuable to the team. They didn't think he would think that move means he had more value too?

Around the league teams are paying players their value to the team rate like Oprah handing out cars. You get a car, you get a car & you get a car

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

How so? we picked up the 5th year option. It's not the same.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jae Crowder wants to be traded elsewhere because the Suns told him he was coming off the bench. Also, he wanted a contract extension.

Deandre Ayton just went through messy contract negotiations.

And now the Suns are telling their new starting power forward in Cam Johnson, they don't think he is worth what he was asking and he is Crowder's replacement.

It adds up.
Seriously, why do you guys not get we will have new owners by the offseason, and none of this matters. It is a clean slate.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll be honest… I don’t know what value to put on Cam. This isn’t like Ayton or JJ back in the day.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh I highly disagree with all of that. No expectations? The fans killed this team for taking him so did national media and he’s come out and proven the Suns right.

Didn’t he finish 2nd in the league in three point shooting?

Man you really got a low opinion of him.

I was going to mention Johnson’s 3pt percentage too. Teams are paying for shooters in this era.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard