Cam Johnson

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Offense > defense in the NBA. I know this isn't always true, but I think I'd rather have a plus scorer who is a decent defender over a plus defender who is decent on offense. I think Cam will be a better offensive player long term, and I think he will also be cheaper than Bridges.

No no and no. Almost every NBA analyst has said the opposite. Almost universally they have said the biggest reason for the Suns turnaround and run is defense. I 100% agree. That doesn't mean offensive isn't really important. However, the Suns defense is absolutely why we are here. The Suns have been able to put up points before. The biggest change was being a top 5 to 10 defense all season long. We have NEVER had that and here we are.

dscher

Registered
Reaction score
same. I think he eventually makes Bridges expendable when we need to use him as a big piece of a trade for our next PGOTF for the next era of title contention post-CP3.
Yep. What guy is out there that will be in his mid 30s in a couple years? :). In all seriousness.. I've mentioned it before, but I'm down for this line of thinking. Easier said than done. But I want maturity out there from my floor manager. A guy with one foot in the door and the other out. Elder Nash and CP have me convinced. Jmo

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i also think Sarver is going to draw the line at taking bajillions out of his wallet at some point this summer after forking over a MAX to Ayton and 100/3 for CP3. So unless Bridges is happy with something in the 13-15 million dollar range, I see him as the odd man out of a growing payroll moving forward.
Yep. We all know Sarver at some point gets the "sweats". You might very well be right. I just think the team is weaker defensively where Cam is at right now. Maybe he will make a leap. Heck....Ayton did.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I found that quite interesting when the announcers were discussing how Cam graduated in 3 years then transferred for his masters and continued to play because he had eligibility left. I may have heard that before but it didn't stick in my head. Makes more sense why he was an older player when drafted.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Yep, Jones is turning out to be a team building genius. Cam Johnson and Mikal Bridges are so poised at such a young age maybe partly due to their college championship experience.

PhoenixRisingITA

Free Agent
Reaction score
I just want to say that I LOVE Cam Johnson as a player and I hope to see him wearing the Suns colors for a long time. I like his ability as a shooter, his athleticism, his attitude... and the awesome dunk he did in game 3...a masterpiece!!!!!

Phrazbit

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Giannis might have given him a rather painful wedgie when he pulled so hard on his uniform.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just want to say that I LOVE Cam Johnson as a player and I hope to see him wearing the Suns colors for a long time. I like his ability as a shooter, his athleticism, his attitude... and the awesome dunk he did in game 3...a masterpiece!!!!!

I don't really see how we will be able to resign Cam Johnson if we extend Mikal, Deyandre and Paul.

But we still have him for 3 more years.

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cam is turning into one of my all time favorite draft picks. How do you not root for this guy. I dare you to find me someone who has something bad to say about him.

he’s shocked me on how much he fights on defense and he’s super sneaky athletic. Two legit highlight reel dunks this year

itlnsunsfan

Registered
Reaction score
Cam is turning into one of my all time favorite draft picks. How do you not root for this guy. I dare you to find me someone who has something bad to say about him.

he’s shocked me on how much he fights on defense and he’s super sneaky athletic. Two legit highlight reel dunks this year
Lol I think I know a guy.