Cam Johnson

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Giannis might have given him a rather painful wedgie when he pulled so hard on his uniform.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just want to say that I LOVE Cam Johnson as a player and I hope to see him wearing the Suns colors for a long time. I like his ability as a shooter, his athleticism, his attitude... and the awesome dunk he did in game 3...a masterpiece!!!!!

I don't really see how we will be able to resign Cam Johnson if we extend Mikal, Deyandre and Paul.

But we still have him for 3 more years.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam is turning into one of my all time favorite draft picks. How do you not root for this guy. I dare you to find me someone who has something bad to say about him.

he’s shocked me on how much he fights on defense and he’s super sneaky athletic. Two legit highlight reel dunks this year

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cam is turning into one of my all time favorite draft picks. How do you not root for this guy. I dare you to find me someone who has something bad to say about him.

he’s shocked me on how much he fights on defense and he’s super sneaky athletic. Two legit highlight reel dunks this year
Lol I think I know a guy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So are the Suns going to extend Cam Johnson? They have until Monday.

I hope this gets resolved. I'm not looking forward to restricted free agency.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

It’s hard to tell not knowing Sarver’s mindset at the moment. He feels he was undeservedly forced out by cancel culture and may be in resentment mode.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They are going to make an offer - probably more of a lowball offer.

Then it's just up to Cam and his camp if they want to accept it or not.

I have a feeling the Suns are going to have an issue paying him more than they gave Mikal, since he is the inferior player.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm not worried about it.

Anybody that is going to pay 3 billion plus for the team is not going to let him go for nothing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only reported contract offer I have seen is 4 years/ $72 million. I'm not even sure where I saw that.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s hard to tell not knowing Sarver’s mindset at the moment. He feels he was undeservedly forced out by cancel culture and may be in resentment mode.

Well, supposedly Sarver has no say in the situation, but I have little doubt that the guy who was appointed to run the team is a toady.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Someone has to make a bottom line decision. You think the other owners who have been standing idly by, will all of a sudden know what to do? I think this idea Sarver has no say is laughable. He decided to sell the team. They allowed him to do that. I think they are allowing him to make other decisions, even if it is through his toady.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
James Jones is making the calls. Players like Jones and want to play here but want the MONEY. Cam will resign get matched like Ayton.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have we even heard word ONE about ANY extension negotiations here?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have we even heard word ONE about ANY extension negotiations here?

No idea what will happen, but the organization has been extremely tight lipped over the last few years, to their benefit. McD and Babby liked to play poker with their hand face up, on the table.

That said, they should be offering Cam Johnson anywhere up to 90 mil for 4 years, less would be nice, but I expect he will cost considerably more next summer.

We were really lucky to lock up Bridges early a year ago.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although extensions for PJ Washington and Grant Williams are pending, the framework for a Cam Johnson extension could be between Brandon Clarke 4/$52 million and Kevin Porter Jr. 4/$82.5 million (only first year guaranteed).

Of course, there is Jordan Poole's extension 4/$140 million to consider.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Although extensions for PJ Washington and Grant Williams are pending, the framework for a Cam Johnson extension could be between Brandon Clarke 4/$52 million and Kevin Porter Jr. 4/$82.5 million (only first year guaranteed).

Of course, there is Jordan Poole's extension 4/$140 million to consider.
Honestly I will surprised if it's for less than 90.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly I will surprised if it's for less than 90.

The Suns are in an awkward situation naming Cam Johnson the starter at power forward with Jae Crowder demanding a trade.

Four years at $82 million might be a nice compromise figure.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are the stats for Cam Johnson last season compared to Brandon Clarke.

The previously reported offer of 4/$72 million for Cam Johnson is appropriate in this context.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I hope we get something done before the deadline. I hate it when we go into the final year of their contract a la Ayton.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The local media has been surprisingly hands-off during the Cam Johnson negotiations.

There have been articles written, but it has been relatively quiet concerning this matter, unlike when Ayton was eligible for an extension.

Even the fans have not talked a lot about it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are the stats for Cam Johnson last season compared to Brandon Clarke.

The previously reported offer of 4/$72 million for Cam Johnson is appropriate in this context.

I still think the Suns are in a pickle with Cam. He isn't a prototypical PF who is going to gobble up rebounds and put a body on someone. They like Cam and want to keep him but he doesn't bring what this team is missing from those two aspects. Bridges isn't going anywhere. Cam really is a "Tweener" forward.

I just don't see the Suns LONG-TERM keeping Cam J no matter what they do unless they don't mind being over the luxury tax threshold for years to come. That all might hinge on the new owner.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think the Suns are in a pickle with Cam. He isn't a prototypical PF who is going to gobble up rebounds and put a body on someone. They like Cam and want to keep him but he doesn't bring what this team is missing from those two aspects. Bridges isn't going anywhere. Cam really is a "Tweener" forward.

I just don't see the Suns LONG-TERM keeping Cam J no matter what they do unless they don't mind being over the luxury tax threshold for years to come. That all might hinge on the new owner.

I'd give Cam Johnson somewhere around 4 years/ $82 million. With the salary cap going up, soon it will look reasonable.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd give Cam Johnson somewhere around 4 years/ $82 million. With the salary cap going up, soon it will look reasonable.
The problem isn't Cam's deal by itself. It's paying a guy who doesn't exactly bring what you are missing. He is a luxury. So, with all the other contracts and slots you are trying to solidify and all those contracts together that is the longer-term problem for the Suns. If you have a new owner who doesn't care? That's different. If the new owner comes in here and wants to get under the Cap? This team is going to have a fire sale.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose