Call of Duty: MW3

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thx for description. Didnt you always level guns? to get rod dot need 100 kills and etc....

I played one map at my dads, noticed the assault vs support. Support seems more for people who die often? So that you can still get streak percs without getting streaks? Are the new streak perks overwhelming? I find it frustrating when there are constand bombs and choppers flying around when my team sucks.

when you say bigger maps - Are they biggers as in sniper style maps like Creek? Or bigger maps with closed in spaces still?

The one thing that kills these kind of games for me is maps where I have to run for 30 seconds before I see anyone to shoot at. I get impatient and every time I respawn I sprint until I find action which usually results in me being shot right when I find the action because im sprinting.

You still have challenges to complete to give you XP for your gun. As you earn challenges, you also earn XP for your gun and eventually leveling up. You unlock upgrades to the gun after achieving a certain level. You can't buy what you want like you could in Black Ops.

The maps are a little bigger for the most part. There are no really close maps like Nuketown for example. The smallest map is Dome which is at least twice as big as Nuketown. There are a lot of places to snipe in almost every map. Definite improvement from BO in that regard. They aren't so big where you have to find action for the most part. In fact, the spawn points could still use some tweaking.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You still have challenges to complete to give you XP for your gun. As you earn challenges, you also earn XP for your gun and eventually leveling up. You unlock upgrades to the gun after achieving a certain level. You can't buy what you want like you could in Black Ops.

The maps are a little bigger for the most part. There are no really close maps like Nuketown for example. The smallest map is Dome which is at least twice as big as Nuketown. There are a lot of places to snipe in almost every map. Definite improvement from BO in that regard. They aren't so big where you have to find action for the most part. In fact, the spawn points could still use some tweaking.

I dont know any of the levels you speak of, I only play Infinitiward COD titles, no WAW or black ops or any of that treyarch garbage.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
And they cant do so on battlefield?

It just isn't as common. Seems Battlefield takes actions and steps to try and stop it whereas COD ignores and I feel may actually support or encourage it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just isn't as common. Seems Battlefield takes actions and steps to try and stop it whereas COD ignores and I feel may actually support or encourage it.

interesting.

Does battlefield have as many active players? That could probably be a contributor as well. I have somehow never run into cheating on COD and barely ran into it on halo but it seemed more prevelant there.

kps0001

Reaction score
interesting.

Does battlefield have as many active players? That could probably be a contributor as well. I have somehow never run into cheating on COD and barely ran into it on halo but it seemed more prevelant there.

I am sure Battlefield has no where near the amount of active players as COD.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I hate where the first-person shooters are going. I love playing the storyline and wish more time was dedicated to that. But with COD and Halo, the focus has been on graphics/multiplayer at great sacrifice to the storylines.

I assume MW3 is more of the same?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MW3 storyline takes off where MW2 left off. If you liked that storyline, you'll like this one.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
MW3 storyline takes off where MW2 left off. If you liked that storyline, you'll like this one.

I liked it, I just thought it was way too short. I could have used another 20 hours or so of gameplay. I guess I am not complaining so much about the quality of the single-player mode as I am about its duration.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked it, I just thought it was way too short. I could have used another 20 hours or so of gameplay.

MW3 is averagine 7-10 hours for most. I'm only 1 hour into the campaign. I can't put down multiplayer/spec ops.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bummer. Not worth the cash to me when I could get 40-50 hours (or more) out of a shooter/RPG like Fallout.

True. I got around 50 hours on Fallout.

Although when you consider multiplayer, you can easily put in 200+ hours into it. I did with MW2 and Black Ops.

I need to get Skyrim but I don't know if I have another 100 + hours to devote to a game.

Still playing Fifa 12 and MW3 exclusively.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

Although when you consider multiplayer, you can easily put in 200+ hours into it. I did with MW2 and Black Ops.

I need to get Skyrim but I don't know if I have another 100 + hours to devote to a game.

Now that is a deal...$2 an hour of gameplay. That one is next on my list. Just got Arkham City this week and need to work on it for a while first though.

kps0001

Reaction score

I may have a problem. I think I spend too much time playing video games. I have over 2000 hours played on Battlefield Bad Company 2. I have close to 80 hours on Battlefield 3 already.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may have a problem. I think I spend too much time playing video games. I have over 2000 hours played on Battlefield Bad Company 2. I have close to 80 hours on Battlefield 3 already.

Ask my wife and she will tell you the same thing. :D

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate where the first-person shooters are going. I love playing the storyline and wish more time was dedicated to that. But with COD and Halo, the focus has been on graphics/multiplayer at great sacrifice to the storylines.

I assume MW3 is more of the same?

I cant stand the storylines and boring AI - all they do to make it harder is make them absorb bullets while you are super weak vs bullets. Online play is where its at, true challenge.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant stand the storylines and boring AI - all they do to make it harder is make them absorb bullets while you are super weak vs bullets. Online play is where its at, true challenge.

I can't stand the endless waves of AI that come out when on Veteran.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap. How do you have time to do anything else?

kps0001

Reaction score
Holy crap. How do you have time to do anything else?

I went home and checked and I embellished the time I played a bit. It is closer to 1200-1300 for BFBC2 hours and spread over a period of about 1.5 years. Still a lot, yes. Obviously some days I don't play but some days when I have nothing to do I might play for countless hours.

I don't do much else other than work and hang with the kids. I don't watch much tv at all. I would guess that my game playing time, 2-2.5 hours daily as an average, is equal to the time most spend watching television.

I don't think that made it look/sound any better. I still have a problem. :D

kps0001

Reaction score
Oh, I would. But he'd just go right out & buy another, so no point.

My wife buys games she likes, or thinks she would like, and then never plays them. Probably because me or the kids are always on the darn thing. HA. I am thinking of buying a 2nd machine. :D That may make things worse though. She is good about though or at least she pretends pretty well.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont want my wife to play games, the house will never get clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard