Call of Duty: MW3

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
after a less than impressive showing of "Black Ops", MW3 comes out tonight to an already impressive review...

I know many have soured on COD as of late, but this MW3 is expected to bring back the glory of the franchise..

Some key new points of the game..

Gone are Kill streaks from Kills, now they are based on points (whether from kills, capturing the Flag, or capturing points)

Every time someone dies they have Dog Tags above their body, grab your own teams or the enemys and get 50 points..

The maps are suppose to be much larger on this game and the engine is close to presitine.

Who's getting it for PS3? Xbox?

Gonna be awesome.. :D

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Treyarch made COD3, world at war and black ops. They always slack. Infinitiward is the real MW company. If you avoid to avoid dissapointment, upgrade COD every 2 yrs, not one.

Of course the new one got great reviews.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
another rehash of a rehash of a rehash of a rehash of a brilliant game.

PS3, XBox?

PC is the real gaming platform.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never liked PC gaming, command and conquer was fun but id rather be on the couch with a controller any day.

Did seem rehashed but if it aint broke.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
There a reason the PC players don't get networked to consoles for multiplayer fps.

The console players would get mopped.

There really is no comparison between arcade military shooters like COD and combined arms military tactical simulators like armed assault.

Nothing quite like loading up with 80 people into 4 chinooks and flying NOA over hundreds of square miles of open hostile terrain to the target city for open ended street by street, buildin by building hostile clearing. Meanwhile little birds are doing rooftop insertions of sniper teams, apaches lobbing in hellfires into armor and jets streaking overhead.

The public servers suck. You just play them long enough to get invited onto the private servers.

Last edited:

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Not just a pretty shadowbox. You could spend an hour or two walking down there...

You must be registered for see images

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There a reason the PC players don't get networked to consoles for multiplayer fps.

There really is no comparison between arcade military shooters like COD and combined arms military tactical simulators like armed assault.

Nothing quite like loading up with 80 people into 4 chinooks and flying NOA over hundreds of square miles of open hostile terrain to the target city for open ended street by street, buildin by building hostile clearing. Meanwhile little birds are doing rooftop insertions of sniper teams, apaches lobbing in hellfires into armor and jets streaking overhead.

The public servers suck. You just play them long enough to get invited onto the private servers.

They would only be mopped because a mouse is far more accurate than a controller. I hate sitting at computers. PC users are always haters and you can go with it, its cool. I prefer consoles far and away. I dont like having to upgrade my computer each year just to handle the game, dont like sitting at my desk over my couch and etc. Love consoles.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
They would only be mopped because a mouse is far more accurate than a controller. I hate sitting at computers. PC users are always haters and you can go with it, its cool. I prefer consoles far and away. I dont like having to upgrade my computer each year just to handle the game, dont like sitting at my desk over my couch and etc. Love consoles.

Consoles are better for some game types. Sports, Scrollers, Arcade, Hand Combat and are close on RPG's.

Just don't care for them for FPS or any type of simulation on a console. Since many games on the PC are ports from consoles they do a poor job of taking advantage of the PC's ability.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
MW3 rocks.
Love the bigger maps and quality of online gameplay. Weapons,sound(im big on sound) and graphics are top notch.
Black Ops was geared more towards the attention deficit gamer and i only played it because my ADD online gamer friends did. LOL

IMO its a nice blend of COD4 and MW2 with a few new wrinkles.
I'm loving it.

This is what Insomniac games FAILED to do with Resistance 3 multiplayer.
RFOM fans wanted the original RFOM online play with some new wrinkles....instead we got Resistance 3:Black Ops.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They would only be mopped because a mouse is far more accurate than a controller.

Although a couple years back it was either Infinity Ward for COD or DICE with Battlefield series had cross multi-platform alphas running with the direction of Microsoft wanting to allow Windows based PC gamers to play against Xbox Live Gamers. Maybe it was Halo.....at any rate they had an alpha running.

I remember reading the article and they said that the best console players were holding court with the best PC players. The issue and one of the reasons it never went beyond testing was because of a number of other issues including private servers, allowing different networks to communicate across Xbox live, the varying bandwidth issues between them and their possibly being some balance issues.

You would have thought the PC players would have mopped up but I distinctly remember that not being the case. The average PC gamer might be better because of mouse accuracy but the good console gamers held court.

At any rate...Microsoft killed the plans to allow cross platform gaming.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MW3 rocks.
Love the bigger maps and quality of online gameplay. Weapons,sound(im big on sound) and graphics are top notch.
Black Ops was geared more towards the attention deficit gamer and i only played it because my ADD online gamer friends did. LOL

IMO its a nice blend of COD4 and MW2 with a few new wrinkles.
I'm loving it.

I am too. Leveling up the weapons is a nice touch. The different strike packages are nice as well. The recon drone is my favorite new addition to the packages. It is fun to fly around that little R/C heli.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think ima have to either buy this or start up gamefly again. I wont crack out 3 hours a night or anything but a good solid hour a week of murder will help my psyche

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
MW3 multiplayer absolutely sucks. It's the same old bunnyhopping dolphin diving crap from COD3. Run and Gun blitz blitz blitz. No grounds in reality in the least.

But it's pretty as hell.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MW3 multiplayer absolutely sucks. It's the same old bunnyhopping dolphin diving crap from COD3. Run and Gun blitz blitz blitz. No grounds in reality in the least.

But it's pretty as hell.

The treyarch COD3? or something else? If it is anything like MW1 and MW2 I will love it. If its more like cod3 and WaW I wont like it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

But it's pretty as hell.

You know exactly what you are getting when you get Call of Duty. They stick to a tried and true format.

Besides, not all game modes are run and gun. Try playing like that on Search and Destroy for example and see how long you last.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know exactly what you are getting when you get Call of Duty. They stick to a tried and true format.

Besides, not all game modes are run and gun. Try playing like that on Search and Destroy for example and see how long you last.

DCR, what do you think of MW3 multiplayer in comparison to mw1 and 2? Is it simple new maps and features and same core? If so, i dont see any reason to dislike it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DCR, are you exited DRC left and you no longer have to figure out if we are mentioning you or him?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DCR, what do you think of MW3 multiplayer in comparison to mw1 and 2? Is it simple new maps and features and same core? If so, i dont see any reason to dislike it.

Bigger maps for the most part. The multiplayer is more in-depth. The different strike packages is a huge improvement. You have the traditional ones that you are used to. You also have a support package which is designed mostly to help teammates that doesn't reset your killstreaks when you die. Finally, you have one to earn additional perks instead of traditional type rewards. Leveling up each individual gun is a nice touch as well.

I personally think that the multiplayer improved from 1 and 2.

DCR, are you exited DRC left and you no longer have to figure out if we are mentioning you or him?

Nope. Hated the trade then and now.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bigger maps for the most part. The multiplayer is more in-depth. The different strike packages is a huge improvement. You have the traditional ones that you are used to. You also have a support package which is designed mostly to help teammates that doesn't reset your killstreaks when you die. Finally, you have one to earn additional perks instead of traditional type rewards. Leveling up each individual gun is a nice touch as well.

I personally think that the multiplayer improved from 1 and 2.

Nope. Hated the trade then and now.

I just had to double check that I said DCR instead of DRC after I posted = P

Thx for description. Didnt you always level guns? to get rod dot need 100 kills and etc....

I played one map at my dads, noticed the assault vs support. Support seems more for people who die often? So that you can still get streak percs without getting streaks? Are the new streak perks overwhelming? I find it frustrating when there are constand bombs and choppers flying around when my team sucks.

when you say bigger maps - Are they biggers as in sniper style maps like Creek? Or bigger maps with closed in spaces still?

The one thing that kills these kind of games for me is maps where I have to run for 30 seconds before I see anyone to shoot at. I get impatient and every time I respawn I sprint until I find action which usually results in me being shot right when I find the action because im sprinting.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score

But it's pretty as hell.

I don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into the hate cod thread but I agree.

I was watching my son play this and he said I should try it. I asked him why? He coudln't give me answer. I play Battlefield only for those that may not already know. I asked him for any reason why MW3 would be anymore fun than Battlefield 3 is for me? I got no answer. I asked him if I could fly helicopters in MW3? he said, "no". Can i fly jets? "no" Can I drive tanks? I got some half ass answer about yeah but its not the same. I asked if could take down a building somebody was hiding in with my RPG or grenade launcher or destroy the wall they were hiding behind? "no". I asked if there are still hacks,cheats, and mods runnin' rampant already in MW3? "yes". I laughed and said i would stick to my game and he can stick with his. Thought it was funny that is it.

I know there are fans of each. You guys enjoy your game though. From the little i did see there were some nice improvements.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
I havent run into cheating on any MW title yet

:eek: Its one of the main reasons I avoid this game series. My son is only 11 and that is all he and his friends do (hack, mod, cheat)

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:eek: Its one of the main reasons I avoid this game series. My son is only 11 and that is all he and his friends do (hack, mod, cheat)

And they cant do so on battlefield?

I always play mercenary deathmatch so noone has their friends in my game. Usually works out nicely.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard