Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean how? They’ve been gearing up to have cap room this offseason. They renounce Harris and Heild (two guys who are nothing AND wildly overpaid) and they’re there.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What do you mean how? They’ve been gearing up to have cap room this offseason. They renounce Harris and Heild (two guys who are nothing AND wildly overpaid) and they’re there.
You've seen the numbers? And how good will the first rounders they include be?

No need to be an ass. If you can prove me wrong, please do.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they really going to do that? I have not followed the 76ers or read any rumors. I am interested to see what teams do this offseason with all the parts of the 2nd apron kicked in.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've seen the numbers? And how good will the first rounders they include be?
It doesn’t matter. KD is an albatross and we need to start the total rebuild and that starts with moving him for whatever picks we can get.

As for the first rounders, they could potentially be decent ones, after all how likely is it that KD AND EMBIID actually stay healthy? Practically none.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they really going to do that? I have not followed the 76ers or read any rumors. I am interested to see what teams do this offseason with all the parts of the 2nd apron kicked in.
They’ve been gearing up to try and get a major piece this offseason. It’s why they didn’t offer Harden anything more than a one year.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol which team has either cap room or players to take Kevin Durant? That would actually want him at that price?

I just know you'll come up with some fantasy team. This ain't NBA 2K.

It's not my job to find to them. I'm not James Jones or his heir. What's the point discussing this with you when you've already tried discrediting any team I'd suggest anyways as "NBA 2k stuff" anyways? We paid that price, someone else will too. No contract is untradable. How many times has the NBA media latched onto a deal as "untradable" only for that player to be moved shortly after? Chris Paul 3x, Westbrook 2x, Harden, Ben Simmons, etc. The list is huge. Point being, a trade can always be found.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not our problem. Let them be old together.
Well, it’s our problem if GS won’t make that trade. Which they won’t. Neither will other non-contenders. That does limit the options where he could be traded, but there are still a couple teams who could be duped into it.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Well, it’s our problem if GS won’t make that trade. Which they won’t. Neither will other non-contenders. That does limit the options where he could be traded, but there are still a couple teams who could be duped into it.
duped is a bit much maestro - kd had a helluva season - im saying everybody would love kd but nobody has the financial room

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do we need to send him to a contender? He's not our problem.

There are plenty of teams not over the apron also. Philly won't be, Memphis won't be, Golden State won't be. Plus more than half of the playoff teams won't be over that apron.

Point being, KD has done nothing to deserve to be sent to a team of his choosing. He doesn't have a no trade clause.

A non contender won’t want him.

Who is golden state sending back to make the money work? The market just isn’t there.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
You’re wrong. The Sixers definitely could.
and would? sorry man - you don't pony up that kinda dough to partner fragile with fragile - iirc you were skeptical of kd staying healthy this year - we've been blessed but the sixers don't need kd

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and would? sorry man - you don't pony up that kinda dough to partner fragile with fragile - iirc you were skeptical of kd staying healthy this year - we've been blessed but the sixers don't need kd

Philly has been rumored to target PG13. Doesn't get more fragile than that. I think the chances of them acquiring KD are greater than Paul George choosing to sign there also.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Everyone is tradable except Beal who has a NTC. Even then I don’t even think the Nets would trade Ben Simmons’ expiring for that contract.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
B​
Everyone is tradable except Beal who has a NTC. Even then I don’t even think the Nets would trade Ben Simmons’ expiring for that contract.
If the Suns could convince Beal it’s just not going to work out and convince him to give up his NTC? I would be all game for that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The Nets would be the only team who would because we'll win less with Simmons than Beal and they own our pick. So they win either way.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter. KD is an albatross and we need to start the total rebuild and that starts with moving him for whatever picks we can get.

As for the first rounders, they could potentially be decent ones, after all how likely is it that KD AND EMBIID actually stay healthy? Practically none.
Get those picks in the further future - post embiid/kd years.