Call of Duty 4

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, need an opinion. Unlocking the ACOG scope for the Barret Sniper rifle...is there a point? When I check the differences between the Barret standard scope and ACOG, the range is both maxed out.

Does anybody else notice a difference between the 2 sites? Which one do you prefer?

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
OK, need an opinion. Unlocking the ACOG scope for the Barret Sniper rifle...is there a point? When I check the differences between the Barret standard scope and ACOG, the range is both maxed out.

Does anybody else notice a difference between the 2 sites? Which one do you prefer?
One thing to look for (because I'm not sure a ACOG on a sniper rifle) is the ACOG still gives you your HUD and a view to your left and right of your scope picture. The standard scope does not.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
single player will help you with recognision of some maps, other than that it will not prepare you for anything online, easiest to just jump in and earn your lumps.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Just picked up a copy of this on Sunday. Will start playing tonight. Practicing before I get demolished online.

Gamertag - LJM820
Yeah, when you first start just prepare to get your butt handed to you most of the time. It's best to play with people that will show you what/how to do things. If you want to tag along with our group you are more than welcome...

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Do I need to buy a headset?
I did... You can hear people through the speakers but it is kind of back ground noise compared to the sound effects of rifle fire and explosions...

Plus, if you have kid's you don't want them hear what half of the *******'s say online!!!

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
prepare for addiction.

Id also suggest Burnout Paradise.
BRR... You have a group you play with? I see you online but I'm not sure if I should invite you. The group I play with can be up to 7-8 people. Although I think that is going to shrink a bit since the clan I'm in is getting more members.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BRR... You have a group you play with? I see you online but I'm not sure if I should invite you. The group I play with can be up to 7-8 people. Although I think that is going to shrink a bit since the clan I'm in is getting more members.

I do, I have several teams I play with but I also have several people who play my xbox. If im on COD, its 99% me. Rockband can vary. Burnout is almost always me too.

Lately, I lost intrest in COD, it happens with all shooters, I just get to the point top where I dont want to play unless someone I want to play with is online. Plus, not a big fan of ground war, I play it but prefer smaller rooms.

What is your gamertag? I added several ASFN people but have no idea who each person is. I see beowolf67 and nickspringfield online alot, nick comes in rooms but doesnt say much.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
I do, I have several teams I play with but I also have several people who play my xbox. If im on COD, its 99% me. Rockband can vary. Burnout is almost always me too.

Lately, I lost intrest in COD, it happens with all shooters, I just get to the point top where I dont want to play unless someone I want to play with is online. Plus, not a big fan of ground war, I play it but prefer smaller rooms.

What is your gamertag? I added several ASFN people but have no idea who each person is. I see beowolf67 and nickspringfield online alot, nick comes in rooms but doesnt say much.
That's me...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gotcha. I try to play with ya but as said, we usualyl both have a full room when im on COD.

I love portland, they ship me fantastic snacks.

Nick C

Amazing
Reaction score
Yeah I don't usually say much. I'm not that good at the game and I don't like to trash talk to much. I'm usually on with PCF and DCR and a few others.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
I played in a couple of free for alls last night.

I've got to get used to the controls. I'm usually a sports game guy and haven't played very many FPS since Medal of Honor on PS2. There were a few moments that I either killed myself with a grenade or stunned myself with a flash bang setting me up for victory.

I definitely need improvement in running and shooting. I think I lost every 1 on 1 battle in the field when we were shooting at each other and moving.

And nothing like listening to teenage kid chatter while playing.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I played in a couple of free for alls last night.

I've got to get used to the controls. I'm usually a sports game guy and haven't played very many FPS since Medal of Honor on PS2. There were a few moments that I either killed myself with a grenade or stunned myself with a flash bang setting me up for victory.

I definitely need improvement in running and shooting. I think I lost every 1 on 1 battle in the field when we were shooting at each other and moving.

And nothing like listening to teenage kid chatter while playing.

It does take some time to get used to. Free for all is a good way to get some practice. That's how I started.

Muting those pre-teen kids is much easier now, after the latest update.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Most run and gunners I see aim with 'movement' left and right and 'view' up and down. I suck at it!!! I was sniping on 'overgrown' domination and held the alpha flag for damn near the entire game by myself. That was a F'ing blast!!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the games last night DCR.

I was pretty much a liability for our squad. Though we won 2 of 3.

Hey.

Thanks for playing man. One game you were in, I wen't 17-0 which is a good feeling.

Anyway. If I see you online again, I'll be sure to hit you up.