Build review

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bad... that's right for 2 first skills of each SA.

Yes confidence depends of the position can be important for SA. But sincerely i'm not sure "The Glare" "snarl" and co is really effecitve...

Some players have tried special players with those skills maxed out. I don't know if it was effective or not.

For a LB generally i prefer see him tackle the guy than trying to intimidate him lool. But that's my opinion... that can be effective against low confidence HB only. Generally Qbs have enormous confidence

:) Thanks for the info.

Djaughe

Reaction score

Djaughe

Reaction score
Wow - C.Kidd has an agility of 65! :thumbup:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright I love the input. But when you say equipment can you expound on that? For example: You say fro my FS Equipment, Agility, speed etc.....

What exactly should I do with the equipment?

Djaughe

Reaction score
Alright I love the input. But when you say equipment can you expound on that? For example: You say fro my FS Equipment, Agility, speed etc.....

What exactly should I do with the equipment?

Deduct stamina, catching, and vision from the equipment (i.e. get rid of it) - Get new equipment that is focused on Agility (ie. glove +3 agility, visor +3 speed) ...yer primary attributes.

...then as you level up spend yer flex points in those categories till you hit the soft cap (48?)...then move onto vision, tackling and strength during yer development.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deduct stamina, catching, and vision from the equipment (i.e. get rid of it) - Get new equipment that is focused on Agility (ie. glove +3 agility, visor +3 speed) ...yer primary attributes.

...then as you level up spend yer flex points in those categories till you hit the soft cap (48?)...then move onto vision, tackling and strength during yer development.

Ok gotcha. Question though. Stamina has been a problem and obvioulsy I have quite a few stamina points that I am goint get rid of by doing this with all my players. Is that a concern at all? Do I need to make up for that by putting some level up point in stamna before I focus on the other attributes?

Djaughe

Reaction score
Ok gotcha. Question though. Stamina has been a problem and obvioulsy I have quite a few stamina points that I am goint get rid of by doing this with all my players. Is that a concern at all? Do I need to make up for that by putting some level up point in stamna before I focus on the other attributes?
I'm guessing here - that starters need to have their stamina in the low 30's. So if yer in that range yer fine - focus on yer primarys.

The losing streak (team morale) I'm sure played a role in our teams stamina...not to mention every team and their mothers are just gonna pound the ball on us until our dline can stop them.

We're not gonna win our next two - so might as well set yer guy to play "normal" to protect his energy.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
That's wrong. Strength with carrying is about break tackles. I have a good HB with 18 strength so you see ;)

Oh I wasn't referring to strength in a HB, but strength in the game overall for any position.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, what specifically should I change for Bane?

Attachments

• Bane.jpg
    Bane.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 101

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Cobblepot?

Attachments

• chesterfield.jpg
    chesterfield.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
C

Cedo

Reaction score
Will answer later... 6am... must sleep must sleep :p

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cedo, if I PM you my Czars guys info, could you give me build advice on them as well or would that violate your confidentiality clause?

OP
OP
C

Cedo

Reaction score
Cedo, if I PM you my Czars guys info, could you give me build advice on them as well or would that violate your confidentiality clause?

Excuse me? Czars guys info? you don't talk about GLB player? Because i know only GLB...

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cedo, basically we have 2 teams here -

Leningrad Czars - http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=2040

and the Gotham Knights.

Basically, the Knights are a farm team for the Czars. The Knights are "building" right with good builds, etc, while the Czars (who is 3 seasons older) is built to "win right now" with not much long-term thought. We started the Czars and didn't concentrate on builds - just levelled up everyone to compete in our league.

OP
OP
C

Cedo

Reaction score
The best is letting me doing a GM to see your builds

Last edited:

Djaughe

Reaction score
OK, what specifically should I change for Bane?

Pink? :lol:

I guess "wear it loud - wear it proud!"..eh?

attachment.php

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You've had some excellent feedback for the Knights, I'd like to bring you our Czar starting LT. I'd been pretty pleased with her build, she's done a capable job the last two seasons, until recently, where despite what I consider a high speed/agi rating she still struggles against speed rushers.

It's really frustrating and I want her to keep our QB's safe. I'm pretty sure her bad night may have cost us a win and that burns my goat.

If you have any advice I'd love it, if not, I understand.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
If this were my build I would sell the cleats and doo rag to replace confidence with speed. Also invest some FPs for +6 to your custom equipment.(+3 speed, +3 blocking)

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If this were my build I would sell the cleats and doo rag to replace confidence with speed. Also invest some FPs for +6 to your custom equipment.(+3 speed, +3 blocking)

After reading a lot of this thread, and some of Jugg's Knights Equip Thread I wanted to, but don't have the cash to change any equipment.

As for boosting, I did it once and loved it, which is why I shouldn't do it again.

OP
OP
C

Cedo

Reaction score
I have sent a PM to your owner to let me GM temporary the team and help with builds. I wait for an answer...

For your player, your build is great but lack of speed. That's generally the big problem of OT. They can block, they are strong enough, they are quite agile but they can't run... I will tell you to redo your shirt and "hat" because you don't need +2 on confidence, you need +2 on blocking or agility.