Budda requests trade

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because to them, attacking the clowns that have historically run this org is equal to attacking the logo on the side of the helmet. People can't seem to separate the two. They can't seem to fathom that you can be a fan, and still be critical. People who get angry about athletes trying to bank every last penny possible from dudes who wipe their butts with hundred dollar bills is HILARIOUS.

People, stop taking a player grabbing for the cash as an affront to your team.

Perhaps all contracts should be 100% guaranteed, players never get more than a short term deal, say 3 years. Negotiations cannot begin until the second half of the season prior to the end of a contract, cap charges clear while a player is on IR or unable to play. I dont know...

There has to be an answer.

The constant churn of salaries going thru the roof, owners not being able to keep from punching themselves in the nuts, and players constantly using social media to have temper tantrums is just bad for the sport.
This is the best post I ever seen on this forum.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is part of the Cardinals culture with vets over the last 5 or so years. He grew up in that environment.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The constant defending of an organization, a very inept one at that, is so embarrassing. How does anyone feel fine doing that?
I get your question as it regards those that always defend the organization. But that doesn’t mean the organization is always in the wrong. I pretty much always give the benefit of the doubt against the organization. But here, I’m not sure I can immediately jump to the conclusion this is necessarily a cards-generated issue.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd rather the players get paid than to watch Michael Bidwill continually add to his unearned wealth.
Thus the fans have to deal with this distraction

players shouldn’t know what others earn as would with a normal job

you should know the salary range to a given position and work within that

the way it’s setup now leaves a bad taste in one’s mouth

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sorry...

I don't think it ever actually existed in professional sports.

What we see is that beginning in the sixties and seventies, players finally banded together to get a bigger piece of the pie, so to speak.
Maybe I was confusing my love for professional football in the 70s with the players love for their job, easy to do…

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Thus the fans have to deal with this distraction

players shouldn’t know what others earn as would with a normal job

you should know the salary range to a given position and work within that

the way it’s setup now leaves a bad taste in one’s mouth
This is fake news. The research shows that salary transparency is good for all workplaces.

If management isn't embarrassed by what they're paying employees, why keep it a secret?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this isn’t about the player anymore,

the agent determines the game of salaries

nobody in corporate America knows what your coworkers make except those responsible to pay or raise salaries

the only way the agent makes money is the initial signing of the contract

the agents created this mess which left unchecked will destroy the game of football

back in the day, the public rarely knew a players salaries and my guess few actual agents were involved

I hate having to either glorify or trash a player every damn year because of a person who has zero value to the game itself
Except that is now illegal in a lot of states. (to prevent coworkers from talking to each other discussing salaries)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Sorry...

What we see is that beginning in the sixties and seventies, players finally banded together to get a bigger piece of the pie, so to speak.
That's because they were paid peanuts. Most guys, especially before that time, had to have second jobs because football didn't pay the bills.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
God bless Budda's effort when playing but his tweet about 'respect' is about the Cardinals and money (an unrealistic request for a safety who is already getting top money at his position when winning is suppose to mean so much to him on a team which is cap restricted due to Keim contracts which is he benefiting from). Come on, ask for a trade request and then talk about a lack a respects has everything to do with money and the Cardinals... if not, his response would be direct and he would say this is not directed at the Cardinals, then that totally changes the perception which he apparently does not want to make clear because that is not his stance

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is illegal everywhere in America to ban or punish your employees from discussing their salaries. That right is federally protected. The notion that it is improper/rude to discuss pay was entirely invented to make it easier to get away with underpaying people.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It is illegal everywhere in America to ban or punish your employees from discussing their salaries. That right is federally protected. The notion that it is improper/rude to discuss pay was entirely invented to make it easier to get away with underpaying people.
I worked somewhere that our salaries were public record. However, I worked for a contractor who threatened our jobs if we discussed our salaries.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sorry...

That’s not true. If you read about the beginning of pro football those guys played because they loved football and couldn’t play in college anymore. Halas stayed poor for years trying to make football work. Pro football wasn’t lucrative. For anyone, coaches, owners or players.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose