Budda requests trade

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, we might as well extend him. Trading him may be the straw that breaks the camel's back, and, hell, we're not using the cap space on anything meaningful this season anyway. Like, OMG, what will we do if we have to cut some of the special teams aces to make this work? Frontload the extension so the hit happens mostly this year and it'll look like savvy business soon enough. And we keep the heart of our defense.
Exactly!! The thing is, if we get Anderson and some draft picks form Indy, we can get a DT and CB in round 2 and this defense might be worth watching. Buddha staying is key to that though.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teams routinely bring 10+ UDFAs to camp, even good teams. As bad as the Cardinals roster looks right now, which position group do you see a UDFA making the roster? RB? maybe. TE. maybe. LB? no. OL? no.

Heh all of them were bad. I remember hoping Raynoch Thompson became a beast. Or Levar Fisher. But I knew it was hope even at the time. Remember the Cardinals trying to sell how good Gilmore and Jason McAddley were going to be?
Jesus I remember talking those guys up too. Those were some days

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Whatever. They respect you enough to give you the contract that you signed.
That was a different regime. I am sure he approached this one for an extension or a trade, and neither happened. I am not advocating for Monti and Gannon to give him a large extension, but I can 100% understand him not feeling respected.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’ve lost a lot of respect for Baker over this BS. Ironic
Why? He is one of the best at his position. He is stuck with an organization that has not participated in the past two free agency years, and is a historic loser. An organization that constantly receives negative press. They want him to be one of the spokespeople for this franchise, and they don't want to invest in him long-term.

Imagine your boss saying you are what he wants every other employee to be like, but when you ask for additional compensation and job security, he says no.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Imagine losing respect for a player who wants long term security to compensate for sticking with this clown show of a franchise, being one of the faces of it, and it's leader. While also probably never actually competing for a title.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Why? He is one of the best at his position. He is stuck with an organization that has not participated in the past two free agency years, and is a historic loser. An organization that constantly receives negative press. They want him to be one of the spokespeople for this franchise, and they don't want to invest in him long-term.

Imagine your boss saying you are what he wants every other employee to be like, but when you ask for additional compensation and job security, he says no.
I mean, if he gave me a huge promotion and raise to be just that two years ago, I wouldn’t be running to him demanding new compensation.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well to be honest Buddha is a part and piece of that losing culture…. He didn’t really create any turnovers till he got paid and even then they are kinda few and far between. He’s the Ronald McKinnon of the secondary. He was overpaid when they made him the highest paid safety in the league like he was an Ed Reed type of player. He wasn’t and never has been. The last thing he really needs is a raise when he was way overpaid on his last one just two years ago.

Last edited:

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine losing respect for a player who wants long term security to compensate for sticking with this clown show of a franchise, being one of the faces of it, and it's leader. While also probably never actually competing for a title.
Does he not currently have a contract?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Imagine losing respect for a player who wants long term security to compensate for sticking with this clown show of a franchise, being one of the faces of it, and its leader. While also probably never actually competing for a title.
sure I get it
millionaires have a lot of stress figuring out how to secure the next million

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
:lame:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
30 million over the next two years sounds like generational wealth to me. That is life long security. IMO

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
30 million over the next two years sounds like generational wealth to me. That is life long security. IMO
Buddha has earned in salary 25+ million the last three season including a 10 million signing bonus. That’s not counting the $ he earned the other 4 seasons. That’s already generational wealth if he’s smart and unless he’s just a fool with his $. Honestly I dont see him being that way.

According to the OTC he got almost 32 million in overall guarantees as well. He definitely isn’t in line for a raise when he was just given Best Safety in the NFL money just 2 seasons ago.

When that was signed The same people saying “in two to three years that will be a bargain” are the same people clamoring to give him a raise now. They literally make no sense.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The constant defending of an organization, a very inept one at that, is so embarrassing. How does anyone feel fine doing that?

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
all these people commenting "millions this millions that" are forgetting basic human nature. The fact that these guys are making millions quickly falls to the wayside once you settle into that lifestyle.

Budda deserves an extension and raise relative to his peers. That is why he feels disrespected - having millions doesn't change that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose