Brian Cook throws shirt, hits Rambis

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
...heard second-hand, (supposedly) according to Craig Sager. Cook got pulled from the game immediately afterward.

I wonder whether the Lakers would like to have Cedric Ceballos, er, Jumaine Jones back?

;)

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
He threw his shirt on Phil Jacksons lap, big difference. Immediately after Cook did it, Jackson called for Bynum to get in the game. Cook didn't take more then 4 steps before he was benched

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i'm missing the context here. was this in practice? in a game? did cook take off his shirt and throw it at rambis/pj out of disgust at something one of them did? was he shirtless in the game? was he just removing his warmup shirt and tossing it on the sideline and accidentally hit rambis/pj? and if so, they BENCHED him for THAT?

gimme something more to chew on here people.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Robert Horry (when he was with the Suns) threw a towel at Paul Westphal during a game. Westphal acted like it was no big deal but IMO most of the fans never did forgive Horry.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Robert Horry (when he was with the Suns) threw a towel at Paul Westphal during a game. Westphal acted like it was no big deal but IMO most of the fans never did forgive Horry.

It was Danny Ainge.. And Horry was sent outta here ASAP..

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robert Horry was a player the Suns lusted after for years. Then they got him and in no time Horry was the most loathed player in the history of the franchise because he threw that towel at Ainge. What he did was considered more inflammatory than anyone involved in the cocaine scandal, because he did it to one of them on a national stage.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Nope and still hate the bastard

As for Brian Cook, who gives a ****. This isnt "Lakers Re-loaded" this is Suns chat. Get with the program

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He didn't exactly throw the warmup at Phil. I saw the replay on tv and as he was taking his warmups off he put them on Phil's lap

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was Danny Ainge.. And Horry was sent outta here ASAP..

It was one of the greatest moments in Horry's career. He was an instant Laker for dissing that crybaby bitch Ainge like that. He could have missed every shot he took in LA and I'd still love him for the towel incident.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was one of the greatest moments in Horry's career. He was an instant Laker for dissing that crybaby bitch Ainge like that. He could have missed every shot he took in LA and I'd still love him for the towel incident.

I thought lakers fans never hated the Suns ever?

HHhhmm sounds like lakers have a rivalry with the Suns..

:thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought lakers fans never hated the Suns ever?

HHhhmm sounds like lakers have a rivalry with the Suns..

:thumbup:

Danny Ainge = Celtic.

Part of the reason I have such disdain for the Suns is due to that Green Cancer Crybaby Bitchface Danny Ainge making camp in Phoenix.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Danny Ainge = Celtic.

Part of the reason I have such disdain for the Suns is due to that Green Cancer Crybaby Bitchface Danny Ainge making camp in Phoenix.

no no no.. Ainge was a Sun when Horry did it.. :nono:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Danny Ainge is a Celtic. A tiger can't change its stripes. Just because he was shilling for the Suns, he was, is, and always will be a Celtic.

Don't get me going Gee! I have some SERIOUS hatred for Danny Ainge and his Celtic green blood.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And I remember the event perfectly. It was beautiful. And it actually happened in Boston, too so it was even more beautiful for Ainge to be punked so well in front of his old stomping grounds.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Danny Ainge is a Celtic. A tiger can't change its stripes. Just because he was shilling for the Suns, he was, is, and always will be a Celtic.

Don't get me going Gee! I have some SERIOUS hatred for Danny Ainge and his Celtic green blood.

So Shaq, Kareem and Wilt arent lakers.. Wow.. Interseting concept..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They also weren't Celtics, and especially not 1980s Celtics.

You'll understand when your guys start winning titles, and find out what a real arch-enemy is. Not a rival. An Arch-Enemy.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They also weren't Celtics, and especially not 1980s Celtics.

You'll understand when your guys start winning titles, and find out what a real arch-enemy is. Not a rival. An Arch-Enemy.

lol.. way to skirt around the issue..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard