Breaking Bad (AMC)

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you mean 'chew her ass out' for being a pain? Or try to basically rape her again?

Just wondering before I get all offended...

Well, since I didn't see most of the first seasons episodes, I have no idea what you are talking about, and since you are the resident expert and morals police, I'll bow out. It is a freaking TV show, so why are you getting so bent? Man discussion and difference of opinion with some people just isn't allowed around here.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Well, since I didn't see most of the first seasons episodes, I have no idea what you are talking about, and since you are the resident expert and morals police, I'll bow out. It is a freaking TV show, so why are you getting so bent? Man discussion and difference of opinion with some people just isn't allowed around here.

Whoa, man. I'm not bent. I didn't realize you hadn't seen most of the series. Your choice of words had me genuinely wondering what you meant, that's all. I read 'em one way and was checking to make sure before saying something, that's all.

We do disagree about Walt's actions re: Jane, but it is, as you said, just a TV show.

It is not like it's an internet message board, or something...

;)

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Wow...I'm really surprised by this take ("he earned it" What planet do you live on?), along with your earlier comments about Jane being 'pure evil'.

I disagree completely - had a totally different take when watching it.

The Jessie/Jane thing is completely tragic and was meant to be so all season...it is clear this show makes all its characters eventually pay a price for bad life choices. Jessie/Jane is about the personal cost of drug addiction for addicts and their families. And about Walt White continuing to lose his soul.

Assuming the show holds its moral compass, I'll bet money Walt White will at best go to jail and most likely die by the end of the series for his actions in the last episode (and probably future ones, at the rate he is going):

ie, letting her die like that. Jane's character is not a Tuco or another whacked drug dealer with a gun in White's mug. She was a kid (albiet a screwed up druggie kid) choking on her own vomit while asleep. And Walt just let her die, after accidently pushing her over, based on his own fear and loathing. Trust me - the TV gods are gonna punish ole Waltie-Boy hard for that one - you could see it in his face and he knows it. Much tragedy to come for him and his family, methinks, due to his actions which are no longer justifiable (not that they ever were very much, but he crossed a big line in this one).

The immediate tragedy was that Jessie and Jane really did love each other. They connected about stuff that everyone else if their lives (her dad, his family, etc) had no idea about. The cartoon/comic art drawings and such. Cheesy, but why do you think the writers showed us all that stuff over multiple episodes? They found something deep (enough) in each other and were actually in love...and both terribly addicted to drugs. She was trying to get clean, but slipped because he was off using meth to fill his emotional voids. Sure, she didn't try that hard to be clean after meeting him, but she went back to using to be with him, make no mistake.

Here's the clear tell on the producer's intent with Jane (ie, evil chick or tragic death signaling the price of Jesse's addiction and the rapidly increasing loss of White's soul): what she did when they got the money from White.

If she had immediately gone all vampish on Jesse, talked about all the good drugs they could get, and egged him into getting high right away, she would have been evil.

Instead, she was the one who got clear-eyed after they both got excited about the possiblities for a new life that the money offered. She came to her senses for a few minutes and started pressing for them to both get clean before going anywhere and doing anything with the money. She was the one who knew they had to get clean or would piss it all away on smack. Only, of course, she and Jesse both couldn't resist the 'one last hit' that addiction demands.

This is the whole tragic, ironic setup with her earlier manipulation that day to get one last night free before rehab out of her dad. At the time, she wanted the last night to make sure Jesse got the drug money from White. Her dad probably thought she wanted to get high one last time. Wonder how much he's going to blame himself, and eventually White, when he finds out she's dead due to giving in to that 'one last night' plea?

If Walt had intervened and kept her alive (or didn't go into the house in the first place), her dad is at the door the next morning and she and Jesse are in rehab. Hence the irony of ole Walt wanting to help Jesse out. All he did was screw everything up.

That's another ironic twist running throughout the last two seasons. As much as Jessie is the one to screw things up in the moment all the time, much to Walt's frustration, Walt himself ultimately screws up every strategic decision he makes...and his family and friends pay the price as he lies to try to fix the previous screw-up.

This show is major greek tragedy. Nobody is coming out in the end in remotely good shape. The question is whether Walt will redeem himself before paying the piper for his actions.

It is compelling because it is a well written, brilliantly acted train wreck.

I don't completely agree with you. I think Walt no longer fears death. He has been facing it for this entire series and now knows he may live a little longer. I think he was more upset seeing this young girl die. We have seen him become more and more relentless and dispicable, but he isn't a cold blooded murderer. The only person he killed (as far as I can remember) is Krazy-8 but that was more in self-defense. He and Jesse are not cut out for this and you see it when they have to deal with the uglier parts of the busniess, i.e. people getting killed.

As for the end of the series there is no doubt in my mind Walt is dead. The obvious out is a final show-down between Walt and Hank, though the writers will undoubtably find a better way.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Since it seems like we have a pretty good conversation going why not take the chance to see what everyone’s theories about how this season will end and what you think will happen in season 3?

Final Episode
Obviously the biggest question is how does the pink bear come into play and who are in the body bags. I have been thinking about this for some time and I just can’t seem to figure it out. For a while I thought it would be Jane with Jesse, but after the last episode I figured it would be Jane and her father. But now after thinking about it for a few days I am starting to think that won’t happen. I mean how can you explain that to the cops? Why are the bodies at Walt’s house? Where does the explosion come into play? So I moved on to thinking maybe it is Walt’s family. I can kind of see it being Skyler and Ted but would they really do that? Could they really kill off the mother of a new-born baby? It is much more probable that Ted could be at the White house than Jane and her father. And the look on Walt’s face when he got to the hospital and finally realized Ted was there showed the disgust he has for him. We know of the past with Ted and Skyler and I think Walt suspects something may have happened. I guess if I had to predict something to happen I would say it is Ted and Skyler in the body bags and the explosion happened because of the water heater. I have absolutely no confidence in that prediction though.

Season 3
For season 3 I truly believe it is going to be a cat and mouse game all season between Hank and the DEA versus Walt, Jesse, and Gus. If you saw the preview for next week they showed Hank talking about how the meth showed up in the states surrounding New Mexico. I do not believe for one second that Walt is done cooking. He has become greedy and saw the type of money he could make with Gus. I think he likes the thrill of cooking meth and getting away with it. There were two scenes that stood out to me. First was the scene where he showed Holly the money while telling her ‘Daddy did this for you’ and the other was when he told Saul he wanted the credit. It is no longer just about getting money for the family. Whatever ends of happening it should be great to watch

Well, there is my 2 cents. Anyone else with ideas?

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score

Final Episode
Obviously the biggest question is how does the pink bear come into play and who are in the body bags. I have been thinking about this for some time and I just can’t seem to figure it out. For a while I thought it would be Jane with Jesse, but after the last episode I figured it would be Jane and her father. But now after thinking about it for a few days I am starting to think that won’t happen. I mean how can you explain that to the cops? Why are the bodies at Walt’s house? Where does the explosion come into play? So I moved on to thinking maybe it is Walt’s family. I can kind of see it being Skyler and Ted but would they really do that? Could they really kill off the mother of a new-born baby? It is much more probable that Ted could be at the White house than Jane and her father. And the look on Walt’s face when he got to the hospital and finally realized Ted was there showed the disgust he has for him. We know of the past with Ted and Skyler and I think Walt suspects something may have happened. I guess if I had to predict something to happen I would say it is Ted and Skyler in the body bags and the explosion happened because of the water heater. I have absolutely no confidence in that prediction though.

Well, there is my 2 cents. Anyone else with ideas?

I really like this idea!

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
the body bags may already represent the two that have died this season Jane and the dealer that was Jesse's friend. The teddy bear, IMO, signifies the baby's arrival with Jane's death.

that's my feeling for the show. They can't knock anybody off and Jesse has to be around going into next season so the Gus/Walter partnership can have constant interference by Jesse who will probably slip even further into addiction. We do have to see the ugly side to drugs after all.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
the body bags may already represent the two that have died this season Jane and the dealer that was Jesse's friend. The teddy bear, IMO, signifies the baby's arrival with Jane's death.

So you think the items are all symbolic metaphor? What about the pool? That is obviously Walt's property

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There can't be any disruption in the family home. That's the entire premise of this show.

...but no matter how hard he tries, there is disruption in the home

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
...but no matter how hard he tries, there is disruption in the home

Exactly.

By disruption I meant Skyler, the baby, or the boy can not die. The family home has to stay in tact so that we can watch Walter face them each week as his lies and constant absence disrupt the house. And now Skyler is breaking bad which throws the whole home life into even further disarray. If we could vbookie for this I would bet that Skyler is going to get money from Ted for not turning him in and maybe even in stride with Walter's donations to his son's website.

The only person who may want to harm Walter is Gus. But Gus won't because Walter can identify him and it would be easy to assume that he could make a deal with the police to nab Gus.

And pretty much the only people that have ever known who Walt is or at least seen his face are dead, left town, or are scared to death because their rep was hurt when everybody found out Jesse didn't kill anybody.

Either way I can't wait to find out what happens.

Last edited:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Exactly.

By disruption I meant Skyler, the baby, or the boy can not die. The family home has to stay in tact so that we can watch Walter face them each week as his lies and constant absence disrupt the house. And now Skyler is breaking bad which throws the whole home life into even further disarray. If we could vbookie for this I would bet that Skyler is going to get money from Ted for not turning him in and maybe even in stride with Walter's donations to his son's website.

The only person who may want to harm Walter is Gus. But Gus won't because Walter can identify him and it would be easy to assume that he could make a deal with the police to nab Gus.

And pretty much the only people that have ever known who Walt is or at least seen his face are dead, left town, or are scared to death because their rep was hurt when everybody found out Jesse didn't kill anybody.

We can Vbookie anything we want.
Set up the bets you want and I'll do it.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score

that's my feeling for the show. They can't knock anybody off and Jesse has to be around going into next season so the Gus/Walter partnership can have constant interference by Jesse who will probably slip even further into addiction. We do have to see the ugly side to drugs after all.

I just can't see them doing a metaphor. All of their opening vingettes have always been something that happened later in the show. And now with one that has been going all season they do a metaphor? I can't see that happening. 2 people are going to die.

As for vBookie can we set something up on who will die and we can bet 2 each? Have the choices:
Walt, Jesse, Jane, Jane's Dad, Gus, Skyler, Walt Jr., Holly, Hank, Marie, Ted, Skinny Pete, no one, someone we have met yet. I don't think I am missing any other characters.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
As for vBookie can we set something up on who will die and we can bet 2 each? Have the choices:
Walt, Jesse, Jane, Jane's Dad, Gus, Skyler, Walt Jr., Holly, Hank, Marie, Ted, Skinny Pete, no one, someone we have met yet. I don't think I am missing any other characters.

Does anyone have any other ideas?
I'll let it brew for a couple of days than when we have a consensus I'll make the Vbookie.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
We can Vbookie anything we want.
Set up the bets you want and I'll do it.

Does anyone have any other ideas?
I'll let it brew for a couple of days than when we have a consensus I'll make the Vbookie.

Sweet you are in charge of vbookie. My constant zero balance and $50 start up from ASFN are of no indication of my wagering prowess.

Which of course means if I wager that the dead are those who have already died I'll probably lose.

AZ, don't forget that opening vignette with the turtle guy. That whole opening was wasted, IIRC, they didn't mention him being a rat and his story had nothing to do with Walter. Not all of the vignettes are indicative of what will happen later on.

I gotta rewatch these shows.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score

I think there are others who may want to harm Walt, and the list is growing: Jessie (if he ever finds out about Jane), Donald (Jane's dad), Hank (if anything happens to his wife), and Skylar (if anything happens to Walt Jr or Holly).

Def can't wait to find out what happens!

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Well then, the bar has just been raised yet again. I already had really high expectations for the season finale on Sunday and after reading this preview they have gone sky high. This writer pretty much said that this is the best finale ever. He talks about how the show and Anna Gunn should win Emmys for their work. I wonder if there has ever been a show that has a serious chance to take the best actor, supporting actor, best supporting actress, and best show in the same year. This preview has what could be described as minor spoilers, but nothing earth-shattering because it is all stuff that is pretty much common knowledge so if you want to go in completely blind don't read it.
http://weblogs.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/blog/2009/05/breaking_bad_the_finale.html

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect Jane's dad will be somewhat relieved, considering the chance conversation in the bar with Walter.

The Gus Fring/Pollo Hermanos slant is very accurate. Fast food franchises have long been drug money laundering outlets. Ever notice the lack of customers in Pollo Hermanos?

You must be registered for see images

I would guess the second body bag is just a drop body to muddle the investigation and separate Jesse from the investigation.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't know if making a Vbookie would be a good idea.
It might spoil things for those that DVR the show.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If this ending isn't awesome, and by awesome, I mean totally sweet. I'll be upset

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Comcast's says:
"In the Season 2 finale, Skyler's frustration with Walt's secrecy boils over; Jesse is dealt a devastating blow that leads him down a path of self-destruction, and only Walt is willing to help him; and a grief-stricken Donald experiences more tragedy."

I think it is safe to say tonights episode is going to pack quite a lot into an hour. I only hope I can get off of work a little early to get home in time for the re-air, if not Comcast better put it up soon. They tend to drag their feet and it is annoying as all else.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think it's likely that Donald is the next to go.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm laughing at this point, that's how good it was!

The Donald, oh st*t moment!
No one could have seen that coming!
I certainly didn't. Brilliant!

Brilliant television!

Last edited:

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
WTF where is my breaking bad tonight!!! Cox has CSI listed and does not show BB listed here in Surprise!! Am I the only one with that problem?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose