Breaking Bad (AMC)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yea, I've tried amctv.com, hulu.com, and fancast.com and non of them have episodes.

Would you like me to just tell you what happened? The episodes are going slow... unless you missed the desert episode. Which I pity you if you did

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I am catching up, I was three episodes behind...that desert episode was outstanding.

When Jesse dumps the water on that generator, and Walt comes out with the fire extinguisher...I hadn't seen anything that funny in a long time.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I am missing an episode or what.

I saw the 4 days on the desert, cooking event. What came after that one?

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Would you like me to just tell you what happened? The episodes are going slow... unless you missed the desert episode. Which I pity you if you did

I've seen all the episodes except for the last one 'Over'. I'd rather not find out until I see it. Thanks though.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Alright, finally saw the new episode and all I can say is wow. The main story is not even touched. There was one scene maybe a minute long that had Walt and Jesse together and that was it. They took time this episode to develop Jesse and Jane's and Skyler and her boss' relationships. They also continue to show how Walt is struggling to come to grips with the news that he may live a little longer than expected.

The 2 best scenes of this episode were the first and the last. The last shows how much of a badass Walt has become. It is good to see him start to be more confrontational. We saw it earlier in the episode at his party when he got pissed at Hank.

In reality the biggest part of this episode was the first scene. They continue the pink teddy bear story as they continue to pull stuff out of the pool and now show the front of the house with the busted up car. Then the use a jib to show
2 bodies being covered by a sheet. The obvious answer to who they are is Walt and Jesse but I just can't see it. It is not what this show is about. I have absolutly no idea who it could be. At first I thought maybe Walt Jr. and Skyler but I don't think the writers would do that. I guess it may end up some characters we haven't yet met.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
This show is unbelievable. They never miss. This weeks episode opens up with what has to be one of the most shocking events in the series. I was expecting something way different. A lot of events are covered this week from multiple story lines.

A couple of thoughts...
I think Gus is going to end up being worse than Tuco. Also, I believe one of the body bags we saw at the beginning of last weeks episode will contain Jane. I think there is a strong chance Jesse is in the other, but I don't believe they are going to kill him off just yet. For those who don't think they wouldn't kill him off, go watch the director's commentary of the DVD, Jesse was supposed to be killed off at the end of season 1 but the writers just loved what Aaron Paul brought so they kept him. All I know the final 2 episodes of this season are going to be amazing.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is unbelievable. They never miss. This weeks episode opens up with what has to be one of the most shocking events in the series. I was expecting something way different. A lot of events are covered this week from multiple story lines.

A couple of thoughts...
I think Gus is going to end up being worse than Tuco. Also, I believe one of the body bags we saw at the beginning of last weeks episode will contain Jane. I think there is a strong chance Jesse is in the other, but I don't believe they are going to kill him off just yet. For those who don't think they wouldn't kill him off, go watch the director's commentary of the DVD, Jesse was supposed to be killed off at the end of season 1 but the writers just loved what Aaron Paul brought so they kept him. All I know the final 2 episodes of this season are going to be amazing.
Last nights episode, May 17, was way freaky. Not sure if I am enjoying this.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A couple of thoughts...

Wow, didn't know all that. I love Jesse on the show, but perhaps he's not really needed anymore?

With the previews from next week, plus what we know about the body bags, perhaps you are right about who will be in them.

Also...the opening with the body bags two episodes ago was some of the best suspense on TV I've seen in awhile.

Last episode was awesome.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, didn't know all that. I love Jesse on the show, but perhaps he's not really needed anymore?

With the previews from next week, plus what we know about the body bags, perhaps you are right about who will be in them.

Also...the opening with the body bags two episodes ago was some of the best suspense on TV I've seen in awhile.

Last episode was awesome.

Walter's new "partner" told Walter he didn't need a drug addict for a partner.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Well that ending was dark. Brilliant but dark

Walt just stands there watching as Jane dies choking on her own vomit and doing nothing about it - that's rather rough. Just another example of how Walt has evolved/de-evolved (depending on how you vew things).

Just a hunch but I think one of the bodies is Jane and the other will be someone used to cover up what happened so it doesn't go back to Walt and Jesse

Last edited:

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Walt just stands there watching as Jane dies choking on her own vomit and doing nothing about it - that's rather rough. Just another example of how Walt has evolved/de-evolved (depending on how you vew things).

Just a hunch but I think one of the bodies is Jane and the other will be someone used to cover up what happened so it doesn't go back to Walt and Jesse

Up until the final scene, that thing dragged. I watched it with someone who was a first time viewer and thought I had made a bad choice, but it planted the hook at the end.

What second body? Worked out perfectly. Guilt wasn't on Walter. After the chance encounter and conversation with Jane's father, his passivity did everyone involved a huge favor. Maybe a lesson on reality morality, where some don't deserve to mingle with the rest of us. That bitch was pure evil.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Up until the final scene, that thing dragged. I watched it with someone who was a first time viewer and thought I had made a bad choice, but it planted the hook at the end.

What second body? Worked out perfectly. Guilt wasn't on Walter. After the chance encounter and conversation with Jane's father, his passivity did everyone involved a huge favor. Maybe a lesson on reality morality, where some don't deserve to mingle with the rest of us. That bitch was pure evil.

There was a scene previewed a couple of episodes ago where there was forensics team examining a crime scene where a possible explosion had taken place. There were two body bags next to each other. There have been some theories as to who were in the body bags - including Jesse and Jane.

As for Walt's involvement, his fingerprints are all over Jesse's place where she died including on the heroine(sp?) needle that she ODed with. Hence why he would feel the need to distract the DEA away from what really happened.

Of course I may be reading too much into things. Like I said its just a hunch.

The show does often move slow in regards to plot points but the character development is OUTSTANDING

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a scene previewed a couple of episodes ago where there was forensics team examining a crime scene where a possible explosion had taken place. There were two body bags next to each other. There have been some theories as to who were in the body bags - including Jesse and Jane.

As for Walt's involvement, his fingerprints are all over Jesse's place where she died including on the heroine(sp?) needle that she ODed with. Hence why he would feel the need to distract the DEA away from what really happened.

Of course I may be reading too much into things. Like I said its just a hunch.

The show does often move slow in regards to plot points but the character development is OUTSTANDING

Maybe it is time to call Saul.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score

That was the darkest, most horrifying, yet most amazing scene ever. My jaw was dropped for quite some time. One side note, I think Bryan Cranston just secured his 2nd straight Emmy with that scene. He didn't say a word but you saw every emotion. I have always loved Cranston from his time as Dr. Tim Whatley on Seinfeld to Hal on Malcom in the Middle. I had no idea his acting chops were this good. He is by far the best actor range way today.

I have no idea how they are going to wrap everything up. Is one of the body bags going to be Jane? If it is who is the other. As of this moment I write this, if Jane is in one of the body bags I do not believe the other is Jesse. If it is this scenario I think it will be her dad. My reasoning is the fact that he will be at the apartment first thing in the morning. Once he finds Jane dead he is obviously going to break down but then he will blame Jesse. If the cops get to Jesse then Walt goes down. Even if Jesse is dead the cops will look around his place and finger Walt, no pun intended (don't forget he touched one of the needles, so his fingerprints are at Jesse's apartment). You saw Walt believe that Jesse is now family, so I can't see him doing anything to him. He went to the apartment to save him, and I believe he let Jane die because it 'was the best thing for Jesse.'

This show is absolutely amazing and I can't wait for next week but I will be so depressed once it is over. I can't imagine waiting 8-9 months for this show to come back.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had no clue Cranston played Dr. Whatley. Is anyone sure there will be a 3rd season? This thing could go the way of Deadwood or John from Cincinnati.

My best final episode in this season finale would be for Walter to ream Skyler a new butt. That characterization reminds me why I never remarried.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Walt's ego has gone on a little unchecked. He wants the credit for taking care of his family by making so much cash, but that wasn't the reason he started doing this.

He still needs to cook because this latest round of cash is only enough to cover his surgery. I was thinking he was going to stiff Jessie, but he got "caught" via voicemail

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walt's mission in life is to take care of everyone and they all stick it to him. Everyone he comes in contact with screws him and uses him. It's no wonder to me that he would like some credit.

Go back to the first episodes, when his legitimate partners screwed him over. The car wash owner. His wife. Jesse. Jane. Saul. He is everyone's facilitator. He was even sympathetic to the dealer in the basement scene.

His reaction seems quite normal to me. He finally got a bit of satisfaction with the Jane thing. He helped himself on that one. He earned it.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
So I was talking to a friend of mine who loves the show and he told me he thought he saw the pink teddy bear in this episode, so I went back and re-watched it. About 7 seconds into the show, during the cut shots of the apartment building Walt drops the drugs off at it, it appears there is a pink bear there. It is only 2 seconds long and you never see it again. No clue if that is coincidental, but knowing how this show operates it wouldn't be that surprising if it was the bear we have been teased with all season. I don't know if any of you guys caught that, or if you have any theories on what will happen, but I figured I'd share it with you because I completely missed it until my friend mentioned it.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I was talking to a friend of mine who loves the show and he told me he thought he saw the pink teddy bear in this episode, so I went back and re-watched it. About 7 seconds into the show, during the cut shots of the apartment building Walt drops the drugs off at it, it appears there is a pink bear there. It is only 2 seconds long and you never see it again. No clue if that is coincidental, but knowing how this show operates it wouldn't be that surprising if it was the bear we have been teased with all season. I don't know if any of you guys caught that, or if you have any theories on what will happen, but I figured I'd share it with you because I completely missed it until my friend mentioned it.

Jesse's last name is "Pinkman" and both Saul and Pollo Hermanos owner have told Walt he doesn't need a junkie for a partner.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
For anyone curious, savewalterwhite.com is a real site. It looks the same as it did on the show. When you click the 'donate now' button it takes you to the National Cancer Coalition. Pretty cool stuff.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
His reaction seems quite normal to me. He finally got a bit of satisfaction with the Jane thing. He helped himself on that one. He earned it.

Wow...I'm really surprised by this take ("he earned it" What planet do you live on?), along with your earlier comments about Jane being 'pure evil'.

I disagree completely - had a totally different take when watching it.

The Jessie/Jane thing is completely tragic and was meant to be so all season...it is clear this show makes all its characters eventually pay a price for bad life choices. Jessie/Jane is about the personal cost of drug addiction for addicts and their families. And about Walt White continuing to lose his soul.

Assuming the show holds its moral compass, I'll bet money Walt White will at best go to jail and most likely die by the end of the series for his actions in the last episode (and probably future ones, at the rate he is going):

ie, letting her die like that. Jane's character is not a Tuco or another whacked drug dealer with a gun in White's mug. She was a kid (albiet a screwed up druggie kid) choking on her own vomit while asleep. And Walt just let her die, after accidently pushing her over, based on his own fear and loathing. Trust me - the TV gods are gonna punish ole Waltie-Boy hard for that one - you could see it in his face and he knows it. Much tragedy to come for him and his family, methinks, due to his actions which are no longer justifiable (not that they ever were very much, but he crossed a big line in this one).

The immediate tragedy was that Jessie and Jane really did love each other. They connected about stuff that everyone else if their lives (her dad, his family, etc) had no idea about. The cartoon/comic art drawings and such. Cheesy, but why do you think the writers showed us all that stuff over multiple episodes? They found something deep (enough) in each other and were actually in love...and both terribly addicted to drugs. She was trying to get clean, but slipped because he was off using meth to fill his emotional voids. Sure, she didn't try that hard to be clean after meeting him, but she went back to using to be with him, make no mistake.

Here's the clear tell on the producer's intent with Jane (ie, evil chick or tragic death signaling the price of Jesse's addiction and the rapidly increasing loss of White's soul): what she did when they got the money from White.

If she had immediately gone all vampish on Jesse, talked about all the good drugs they could get, and egged him into getting high right away, she would have been evil.

Instead, she was the one who got clear-eyed after they both got excited about the possiblities for a new life that the money offered. She came to her senses for a few minutes and started pressing for them to both get clean before going anywhere and doing anything with the money. She was the one who knew they had to get clean or would piss it all away on smack. Only, of course, she and Jesse both couldn't resist the 'one last hit' that addiction demands.

This is the whole tragic, ironic setup with her earlier manipulation that day to get one last night free before rehab out of her dad. At the time, she wanted the last night to make sure Jesse got the drug money from White. Her dad probably thought she wanted to get high one last time. Wonder how much he's going to blame himself, and eventually White, when he finds out she's dead due to giving in to that 'one last night' plea?

If Walt had intervened and kept her alive (or didn't go into the house in the first place), her dad is at the door the next morning and she and Jesse are in rehab. Hence the irony of ole Walt wanting to help Jesse out. All he did was screw everything up.

That's another ironic twist running throughout the last two seasons. As much as Jessie is the one to screw things up in the moment all the time, much to Walt's frustration, Walt himself ultimately screws up every strategic decision he makes...and his family and friends pay the price as he lies to try to fix the previous screw-up.

This show is major greek tragedy. Nobody is coming out in the end in remotely good shape. The question is whether Walt will redeem himself before paying the piper for his actions.

It is compelling because it is a well written, brilliantly acted train wreck.

Last edited:

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
I had no clue Cranston played Dr. Whatley. Is anyone sure there will be a 3rd season? This thing could go the way of Deadwood or John from Cincinnati.

My best final episode in this season finale would be for Walter to ream Skyler a new butt. That characterization reminds me why I never remarried.

Do you mean 'chew her ass out' for being a pain? Or try to basically rape her again?

Just wondering before I get all offended...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson