Breaking Bad (AMC)

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Slow episode on Sunday. But the last 20 minutes had just as much tension as the previous episodes of the season.

He's gotta tell her before she kicks him out, which I kinda got a sense that he would risk that to make the 750K he wants before he dies so his family is taken care of.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rented Season 1 on Netflix this weekend. I had NO IDEA that Vince Gilligan (my favorite writer from the X-Files) is the creater/writer/producer of this show!!!! AHHHH!!! Okay, enough fangirl...

I liked it. The acting is incredible! I have to say though, that scene when the bathtub and remains fell into the first floor... that was pretty freaking gross!!!!

I haven't seen any episodes from Season 2 yet, but I hope to be caught up shortly.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This show so rules, it is probably the best TV program I have ever seen

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Thirty-two, you will be in for a treat. This new season is even better than the 1st. The 2nd episode especially might be the best hour of television I have ever seen.

This weeks episode was my third favorite one, after pilot and the 2nd episode of this season. It is amazing to see the transformations in all of the characters. Focusing on Walt and Jesse, I find it amusing to see Walt becoming Tuco. I truly believe that is where this is going. Jesse seems to becoming more like Walt when we first met him. He is cautious but practical. It was a great point in the show when Jesse finally called him Walt instead of Mr. White.

One side note, Bryan Cranston has to be one of the best actors ever. I loved him as Hal in Malcom in the Middle and Dr. Tim Whately in Seinfeld. He was such a great comedic actor, but in this role he is unbelievable. He really makes it easy to believe he could actually be doing this. I hope he wins another emmy this year.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rented Season 1 on Netflix this weekend. I had NO IDEA that Vince Gilligan (my favorite writer from the X-Files) is the creater/writer/producer of this show!!!! AHHHH!!! Okay, enough fangirl...

I liked it. The acting is incredible! I have to say though, that scene when the bathtub and remains fell into the first floor... that was pretty freaking gross!!!!

I haven't seen any episodes from Season 2 yet, but I hope to be caught up shortly.

So glad you are watching it!! The best part is that Season 2 seems to be just as good so far.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I absolutely loved the first season and the first couple of episodes from the second season but have been having troubles with the last couple episodes. The show is turning into one big argument, it just goes from Walt and Jesse arguing to Walt and his wife arguing, then over to someone else arguing, then back to Walt arguing........ I am definitely sticking with the show but it needs to start growing out of the box it finds itself in this season.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
I absolutely loved the first season and the first couple of episodes from the second season but have been having troubles with the last couple episodes. The show is turning into one big argument, it just goes from Walt and Jesse arguing to Walt and his wife arguing, then over to someone else arguing, then back to Walt arguing........ I am definitely sticking with the show but it needs to start growing out of the box it finds itself in this season.

I think part of that is Walt is turning from a guy you are sympathetic towards to someone you absolutly dispise. He is a cooker of meth and appears to become a meth dealer. You are watching his demise and you feel for his family and even feel for Jesse.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
This weeks episode was way good.......drama without arguing.....perfect.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well except for the ending. *Crunch*

I'm not a skank!

My wife wondered why he didn't run off with all the money. Easy, the cops would have known there was someone else in the house if all the cash was gone. A good criminal, he is....

I wonder if all of this is starting to take a toll on Jessie..

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't watch it until I see Season 1 first. Netflix is what I need to do. Can't get the reruns on Fancast.com .

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Geez, tonight's episode was a doosey. First off while the beginning was extrodinarily different from normal I enjoyed it. I wish I had a DVR so I could watch it again because there is a lot of information in there that seems like it will be coming over the next season and a half.

You continue to see Walt's fall as he is becoming less emotional and more of a 'mad man' purely interested only in money and not for human life. I still don't know what to make of Jesse. He seems like he wants to run his business a certain way yet yields to Walt. We've seen him stand up to Walt, though not consistently.

The scene down in Juarez was so insane.

It is too bad this show is only once a week because it is always getting better.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
One more thing. Did anyone else think...
Ted and Skyler's relationship is more than him coming on to her? When they were talking about Walt Jr. Ted made a point to say he has good genes. I don't know why but that really struck me as odd. I kind of think that he may be the true father of Walt Jr.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Remember that late night phone call she had when going through the stuff in the baby's room? It was a few episodes ago and she wasn't talking to Walt and it's never really explained who she was speaking with.

At the time I thought she might've been living a double life too.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Both great insights you guys! Never thought of it, but with this show you almost have to

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know how the writers do it. This show seems to never miss. This newest episode was great. It packed a huge story into a short hour but introduced the second best character yet (Tuco is still the best character on the show and may be the best on any show). Saul Goodman played by Bob Odenkirk is the sleaziest and most corrupt lawyer ever and he is hilarious. I think he will be the 3rd musketeer to Walt and Jesse just by the way the episode ended.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wish they made these T-shirts available, I would so buy one. They offered them up on the website as prizes

You must be registered for see images

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Extremely slow episode this week but it doesn't diminish the episode at all, in fact it made it better. This week Walt and Jesse got back to cooking, in large amounts. I love the montages this show does when they cook as well as the montage of them driving out to the desert.

They get stuck in the desert thanks to Jesse but in the end Walt thinks something up. He really is the MacGyver of the 21st century. I loved the way Walt was quizzing Jesse on what they were doing as he did it. He can never let go of that teachers mentality.

The end of the episode brought a surprising change. Early in the episode Walt saw his CT scan and thought it looked bad, but in reality it was very, very good. Now he knows he is in trouble. He figured he would be long gone before they could pin the meth cooking on him, but now he has to dodge the on-coming tidal wave even longer.

Only complaint is the fact that Saul was only in 1 scene, but I am sure they don't want to over use him and it really isn't a big complaint. I just love his character so much.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
There are only 4 more episodes left this season. AMC has already greenlit the 3rd season but it more than likely will be 13 episodes as well. It's too bad the seasons are so short.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone watch this online? I was out of town this week and Comcast still hasn't put it up. I was wondering where I could find this. Thanks.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone watch this online? I was out of town this week and Comcast still hasn't put it up. I was wondering where I could find this. Thanks.

I (watched #11 last might on Comcast On Demand. I am still looking for #10. This getting very confusing them, watching out of sequence.