Breaking Bad (AMC)

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
The spoiler I posted will put your theory to the test big time TBaslim.

Especially because we seen her have a chance to go bad and didn't. She got away from the fraud and nearly had an affair. She has yet to break bad when given the chance.

And I agree, one of the best written, best acted shows on tv. There are many shows I list as my favorites or in my top 5 list, but in terms of just excellence this show is one of the all time greats IMO.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what happens if Jane is saved by Walt?

The scene depicted below has to have some major significance or I am disappointed. My bet it has big implications.

A grieving Donald, an air traffic controller, has directed two airplanes into each other in the sky above Albuquerque. In an image foreshadowed in the season's first shot, a charred pink teddy bear lands in the Whites' pool and floats there until it is collected as evidence by NTSB agents.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Louis - yup...

Will Walt's wife continue to not break bad, or will she follow him down that trail? Or, even better, will she start down that trail in hopes of pulling him back? And thus start her own series of difficult and ambiguous ethical choices? Be interesting to see...

Wally - I think that Jane's death drives the plot (like every other decision of Walt's), but they could have played it differently (he saves her) and something else moves the plot forward. But again, I think the whole point is to see if his next difficult decision is better or worse than the last. I like the character and root for him, even now, but his track record is poor to say the least.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Louis - yup...

Will Walt's wife continue to not break bad, or will she follow him down that trail? Or, even better, will she start down that trail in hopes of pulling him back? And thus start her own series of difficult and ambiguous ethical choices? Be interesting to see...

Wally - I think that Jane's death drives the plot (like every other decision of Walt's), but they could have played it differently (he saves her) and something else moves the plot forward. But again, I think the whole point is to see if his next difficult decision is better or worse than the last. I like the character and root for him, even now, but his track record is poor to say the least.

Walt is the poster boy for why America needs Universal Health Care. ;) He couldn't afford the treatments that his insurer would not cover. Maybe this series should be compulsory viewing for Congress. :bang:

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Walt is the poster boy for why America needs Universal Health Care. ;) He couldn't afford the treatments that his insurer would not cover. Maybe this series should be compulsory viewing for Congress. :bang:

That isn't exactly true.
If you remember correctly he was offered the chance to have the bills paid for and he turned it down

To me this whole show is a great illustration of why drugs are such a horrible thing. A good man decided to go into the realm of drugs with all the best intentions. What got him was human nature. He had more than enough money but greed gets the best of everyone. This is by far my favorite show on television and I cannot wait for tonight.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That isn't exactly true.
If you remember correctly he was offered the chance to have the bills paid for and he turned it down

To me this whole show is a great illustration of why drugs are such a horrible thing. A good man decided to go into the realm of drugs with all the best intentions. What got him was human nature. He had more than enough money but greed gets the best of everyone. This is by far my favorite show on television and I cannot wait for tonight.

Nope. Don't remember that.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Nope. Don't remember that.

It was his former partners that I believe won the Nobel Peace Prize. Walt told Skyler they were paying for his treatment though she eventually found out they never paid a dime after thinking he was having an affair with the female and calling her.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was his former partners that I believe won the Nobel Peace Prize. Walt told Skyler they were paying for his treatment though she eventually found out they never paid a dime after thinking he was having an affair with the female and calling her.
Not how I remember it. He used them as his alibi for where the money was coming from.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season opener was.......? Maybe they needed to do the catch up and fill in some of the blanks things. To be expected. I guess. They did cover a lot of territory. Pretty good job for openers.

What was with the crawling people and the 2 bad ass guys? Lots of mystery there, although I think I spotted them in the DEA office meeting

Last edited:

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
That crawling thing was one of the craziest, most mysterious things I've ever seen on tv. Those 2 dudes changing clothes, giving up the car, and just being outright creepy. Can't wait until that folds out. Obviously there is a connection to Heisenburg, great intro to captivate my attention.

Walt's breakdown at the school even made me uncomfortable.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That crawling thing was one of the craziest, most mysterious things I've ever seen on tv. Those 2 dudes changing clothes, giving up the car, and just being outright creepy. Can't wait until that folds out. Obviously there is a connection to Heisenburg, great intro to captivate my attention.

I really liked Walt's monologue at the "closure" gathering. He has perspective on the tragedy of the week thing our society rivets into. For me, Walt is the most sane one in this motley cast of characters.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
I see it more that he was rationalizing the event to satisify his mind's guilt. It was no different when he tried to give Jesse the similar type of talk.

Jesse's character development is going to be very interesting. He's accepted being the bad guy, up until then he was always a good kid who didn't know any better and was just dealt bad cards.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score

I have to imagine that was some sort of Mexican ritual since there were a ton of people doing it. When they finally got to the room if you looked they placed a drawing of Heisenberg. Those two guys scare the crap out of me and I can't wait to see where this seaon goes. As for openers it was solid. Not great, but they had to tie up some loose ends and open new ones. Seems like a good way to set an eventful season in motion.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Episode two was slow moving but amazing none the less. A few notes:
Sober Jesse is pure evil. So glad to see Saul back. Mike (Saul's clean-up guy) is quickly becoming a favorite character of mine. I am not sure why but I really like him. I have a feeling bad things are going to happen to him but that is for another time. Tio continues to scare the crap out of me with that bell. The look on his face when Walter White was spelt out was just fantastic. One final note, that last scene was so freaking intense. It left me wanting so much more.
Next Sunday cannot come soon enough. This show continues to better itself and it is amazing.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the 2 hitmen work for the chicken guy? And Saul's spy too?

Saul, Gus, the cousins(maybe Tuco's cousins) the spy guy seem to all be connected. I find it hard to believe the brother in law is that naive. Maybe he is in on this whole thing and they are all using Walter to bust the cartel, or....?

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Saul, Gus, the cousins(maybe Tuco's cousins) the spy guy seem to all be connected. I find it hard to believe the brother in law is that naive. Maybe he is in on this whole thing and they are all using Walter to bust the cartel, or....?

Gus (the chicken guy) is the key here. Don't forget Saul said he knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy when he found Gus. It wouldn't be shocking that Mike works for him since Walt and Jesse are very valuable to Gus.

As for the Cousins working for Gus, I don't believe that is the case. I don't exactly know why I think that but I just don't see Gus sending guys to kill Walt. I think what is more plausible is Gus knows who they work for and doesn't want to lose Walt yet. I truly believe Walt will take the $3 million offer at some point and Gus is waiting for that to happen. Imagine if Walt and Jesse cook for 3 straight months, how much meth they would make. Once that is done then Gus has no real reason for Walt.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gus (the chicken guy) is the key here. Don't forget Saul said he knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy when he found Gus. It wouldn't be shocking that Mike works for him since Walt and Jesse are very valuable to Gus.

As for the Cousins working for Gus, I don't believe that is the case. I don't exactly know why I think that but I just don't see Gus sending guys to kill Walt. I think what is more plausible is Gus knows who they work for and doesn't want to lose Walt yet. I truly believe Walt will take the $3 million offer at some point and Gus is waiting for that to happen. Imagine if Walt and Jesse cook for 3 straight months, how much meth they would make. Once that is done then Gus has no real reason for Walt.

I think Pollo guy is the bigger fish who kind of controls all and the Cousins were put in their place by him... which will make it easy for Pollo to tell Walt that he either cooks for him, or there's no protection for him or his family. My thinking as a writer is this: Walt can't accept being the bad guy but he can accept being forced to be the bad guy.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I definitely do not think the Pollo guy has anything to do with the Cousins...at least, not as far as sending them. Remember it seems like the whole reason they went looking for him was the man in the wheelchair. He wanted vengeance, and somehow that wheelchair guy holds a lot of weight with whoever.

But the Pollo guy knew enough of who they were to stop them.

This show is so damn good. I mean damn good. The end, the suspense, heck, all the camera angles they use...it's just good.

And Jesse...someone said a sober Jesse is evil. Oh yes...so very, very good. Loved it.

Last edited:

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score

I think for the first time in this show's history, my theory of how the season may progress finally hit the mark. Unbelievable. Enough patting myself on the back onto the episode.

This was one of my favorite episodes of the series. There was very little action and no cooking scenes. It was completely driven by the amazing actors on this show. Anna Gunn has been the real star of this season (since how much more praise can you give Bryan Cranston? He is just amazing, it is time to look onto the other characters). The scene where they are talking to the cops was so uncomfortable. They played that absolutely perfectly.

Aaron Paul is such a sad character. Him calling Jane's number just to hear her voice was sad but when that number finally became disconnected, the look in his face said it all. I think he had a total of 2 or 3 lines in this episode but he absolutely made the most of every second he was on screen. He came into his own last season and continues to improve with each episode.

Hank's story is the one I can't figure out yet. I don't think he wants to go back to El Paso. The way he is acting will make sure he doesn't go back, but I'm afraid it may also take him out of the DEA. What would that mean in his search for Walt? Dean Norris was once the comic relief, how long ago that seems. His story arc seems to be the second most important during this season, after Skylar's of course.

One final thing, the last line between Skylar and Walt was fantastic. The way Walt's face just fell was too perfect. This season has been out of this world and can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blue lapel ribbons, except for Walt.

I.F.T. (this episodes title). Nice.

Last edited:

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
IFT?

So Skyler is finally "breaking bad". Interesting to see whether or not she will do anything about the cooked books.

Hank's story is getting interesting that's for sure. Did they ever touch on his panic attack or heart attack or whatever that he experienced during the tortuga storyline? Obviously his behavior could be cover to prevent his going back to El Paso.

Good episode, again.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IFT?

So Skyler is finally "breaking bad". Interesting to see whether or not she will do anything about the cooked books.

Hank's story is getting interesting that's for sure. Did they ever touch on his panic attack or heart attack or whatever that he experienced during the tortuga storyline? Obviously his behavior could be cover to prevent his going back to El Paso.

Good episode, again.

IFT. Very adult. Last line, Skyler spoke to Walter in this episode.

I f***ed Ted

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
IFT?

Good episode, again.

They have never really talked about it, but he has suffered for many episodes. I believe it is PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). He had a few episodes in his truck, one in the elevator, in his house when he was making beer. It is definitely something they will have to touch on or just be forced to touch on soon.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone wears a blue ribbon, except Walter. Is the ribbon, the airplane crash reference? If so, Walters "closure" speech at the school rally might be his reason not to.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson