Supporting Member
Reaction score
More on Booker's injured hand.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker on the condition of his injured hand and if he plays in the opener.

It sounds like there are still some questions to be answered.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So it looks like he might miss at least the first week of the season after all...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree about the 75% part but I do not want the Suns to risk further injury to Booker. It is not worth it.

More to the point, Booker is aware enough of the risk and has said he won't go out there until he's ready.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker on the condition of his injured hand and if he plays in the opener.

It sounds like there are still some questions to be answered.

he shouldn't be out there until he needs no time and is totally comfortable shooting again. this is a lingering injury for a while now. no need to rush it back and possibly reinjure.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he shouldn't be out there until he needs no time and is totally comfortable shooting again. this is a lingering injury for a while now. no need to rush it back and possibly reinjure.

This is my hope as well.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
having a 75% Booker out there is better than no Booker
If it was his non-shooting hand I would be fine with 75% Booker but not with his injury right now. Let it heal completely.

I don't like how he's made excuses already though. Saying that if he misses a lot it's his hands fault. That's not encouraging. He shouldn't be looking for an excuse. Obviously that makes sense but he should have waited to see what happened.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Yeah, please don't play if it is not 100%. One game isn't worth the risk. Hell, ten games are not worth it.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
If it was his non-shooting hand I would be fine with 75% Booker but not with his injury right now. Let it heal completely.

I don't like how he's made excuses already though. Saying that if he misses a lot it's his hands fault. That's not encouraging. He shouldn't be looking for an excuse. Obviously that makes sense but he should have waited to see what happened.

I interpreted his comments as a joke.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is nothing in those Booker comments that I find reassuring. I might be reading too much into it but it sounds to me like he's starting to realize that he's pushed himself too fast and he's trying to talk himself out of worrying.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is nothing in those Booker comments that I find reassuring. I might be reading too much into it but it sounds to me like he's starting to realize that he's pushed himself too fast and he's trying to talk himself out of worrying.

I'm glad I'm not alone. Was starting to wonder. If someone else said that, say Melo, he would be ripped apart by the media and told to pass the ball but Booker gets benefit of doubt.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The more I thought about it, I think Booker was trying to limit fans expectations.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You lot read waaaaay too much into things. The guy goes out there and makes some honest comments about how he's feeling and you act like there's hidden meaning. Odd.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You lot read waaaaay too much into things. The guy goes out there and makes some honest comments about how he's feeling and you act like there's hidden meaning. Odd.

What's odd about it? We keep hearing his hand is coming along great and all of a sudden he's speaking cautiously about it. Something similar happened last season before he was finally shut down for it. And then we've got this offseason when he was playing regularly and assuring everyone his hand was fully healed, next thing we know he's going in for surgery on it. I'm not suggesting we go into full-on overreaction mode but it's odd to me that some aren't a little concerned.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not speaking overly cautious about it though. If anything he looks ahead of schedule.

"I don't all the way trust it yet"...."want it to feel better before I step out there". Sounds cautious to me.

Maybe it means nothing and if there weren't any history there, I'd dismiss them. But there is history, and we really, really need him. So, yeah, I'm a little concerned.

I'm concerned that he won't be ready and we'll dig a hole without him. I'm really concerned that he won't be ready but he'll play anyway and turn a short term problem into a much bigger one. Like he apparently did last season when he tried to play through the hand injury or the year before when he tried playing through turf toe. His effectiveness suffered greatly because of those play-through decisions and both injuries seemed to take a long time to heal because he didn't shut it down. I'm not a Doctor so notice that I said "seemed".

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's not speaking overly cautious about it though. If anything he looks ahead of schedule.

How is anyone searching for a hidden meaning when we're taking his words at face value and not spinning it like you have, claiming he was joking. Did you see or hear him? Based on what was written it doesn't sound all that encouraging. He said he didn't trust it and that isn't ahead of schedule. If he was healthy right now then that would be ahead of schedule. I really don't get why you're not accepting that people interpret it differently because there is no tone or body language to base more on. Here it is again....

“I don’t all-the-way-trust it yet, but I’m out there competing...it feels pretty good right now. Want it to feel better before I step out there (on the court for a game).”

Being concerned because he says he's not fully healed yet but is working out is something to be a little skeptical about. The Suns need to err on the side of caution with him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave