Booker to undergo hand surgery

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I am really encouraged, I really wish he'd leave it alone for another week or so. Let it heal, and then let it heal some more.

me too. no need to rush back from an injury that been a problem now for months. let that sucker heal and be ready to rock when you're completely ready to rock.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While I am really encouraged, I really wish he'd leave it alone for another week or so. Let it heal, and then let it heal some more.
I would leave that with the doctors these days. Moving is part of healing. They have hip replacement patients up and walking the same day now.

OP
OP
S

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Yeah, if we were in the playoffs, I'd be more understanding (and even then I'd err on the side of long term health, see Thomas, Isaiah or Roy, Brandon) but now is about best time to take extra time to get it right.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I would leave that with the doctors these days. Moving is part of healing. They have hip replacement patients up and walking the same day now.

Fair enough. If the medical staff signed off on it, I suppose I am OK with it, but my gut says let it heal some more. There is no rush as there are still two weeks before the opening night. Leave it alone for another week.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm with you on this. I will leave it to the medical staff and trainers.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering the lingering issue in that it was injured, not an issue, then re-aggravated, and finally surgery...yeah I would give extra time on what the "professionals" say.
But we don't know the extent of the injury and the surgery performed. It's funny how little we know of the actual injury and repair.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
And shooting alone from the free throw line is a lot different than shooting in a game, guarded by an opponent flailing his arms to keep you from scoring.

Most contact is not called. Even if it were, if the outcome is a bruise while a break is mending, that is much more important than shooting free throws.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
TJ Warren says, “Hold my beer.”
TJ needs to wear one of those soccer helmets in every game. Last season there was a stretch where he went out of every game for a bit with an injury. That was the running joke with my son and I last season, what were the odds TJ made it through the game uninjured?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TJ needs to wear one of those soccer helmets in every game. Last season there was a stretch where he went out of every game for a bit with an injury. That was the running joke with my son and I last season, what were the odds TJ made it through the game uninjured?

There were no odds, Vegas took him off the board.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Fair enough. If the medical staff signed off on it, I suppose I am OK with it, but my gut says let it heal some more. There is no rush as there are still two weeks before the opening night. Leave it alone for another week.
I'm with you. I actually don't even mind if he doesn't make it back by the opening night as long it's just completely healthy so that even if he comes towards the end of October, he's good and ready to go and the injury isn't a hindrance through out the season.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wear a what? What's a soccer helmet?!

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wear a what? What's a soccer helmet?!
I assume he is referring to a light helmet worn by children learning soccer or other sports. Prevents injury due to getting hit with the ball, running into the other kids or goal posts, or whatever. A little too cautious, but it is a thing these days.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I assume he is referring to a light helmet worn by children learning soccer or other sports. Prevents injury due to getting hit with the ball, running into the other kids or goal posts, or whatever. A little too cautious, but it is a thing these days.
Please, please don't let anyone in the UK (or Europe or South America etc) hear that this is an actual thing. The ridicule it will cause.

I despair sometimes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Duane Rankin at azcentral.

Booker still hasn’t been cleared for contact, but Kokoskov flashed a big grin, too, when asked about Booker’s progress.

“It makes me happy,” Kokoskov said. “I’m happy for him. I’m happy for us. We’ve mentioned it several times if you ask Devin, he would play tonight.”
He wasn't the only one excited, Suns general manager Ryan McDonough was also at Wednesday’s shootaround – and he was smiling, too.

Kokoskov’s isn’t looking to speed up the process. Booker is anxious to receive complete clearance, but the Suns trainers and organization clearly have a say on when the $158-million man will be a full go.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ood-devin-bookers-injury-progress/1513861002/

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Please, please don't let anyone in the UK (or Europe or South America etc) hear that this is an actual thing. The ridicule it will cause.

I despair sometimes.
Um...

You must be registered for see images

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Um...

You must be registered for see images
Yeah . . . because that's the same thing. A guy who had his head smashed and nearly died wears one. I've seen, possibly, 2-3 players wear them. Never seen one in youth football (or live for that matter in over 500 games I've paid to watch). You should know better.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Huh? You were complaining about it and implying it wasn’t a “thing” in the UK, but it is a thing in the UK and actually is more of a thing outside the US than in. Rugby players where them a lot to protect their ears.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wearing a helmet is just plain smart.

I remember when hockey players didn't wear helmets.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wearing a helmet is just plain smart.

I remember when hockey players didn't wear helmets.
I drive past a huge skateboard park every day. Those guys are too cool to wear helmets. Some of them actually survive to adulthood.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drive past a huge skateboard park every day. Those guys are too cool to wear helmets. Some of them actually survive to adulthood.

Absolutely. I recommend it for horseback riding as well. People should forget about looking cool when their lives and health are on the line.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some more video on Booker.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Huh? You were complaining about it and implying it wasn’t a “thing” in the UK, but it is a thing in the UK and actually is more of a thing outside the US than in. Rugby players where them a lot to protect their ears.
It's not a thing in the UK. Not even remotely a thing. One player wears one because of a massive life threatening injury he had a few years back. If it were a thing, you'd imagine that maybe one of the youths I've coached over the last decade might have worn one. Or possibly, you might have seen one or two starting to appear in a match bar Cech. It may become a thing, but I if somebody was to turn up to football training wearing one of those they'd have the piss absolutely ripped out of them.

Rugby players wear them for their ears (sort of, as well as head clashes). Not denying that, but that's not what was said.

Answer this honestly. How many people have you seen wear one of those in the UK? Ever.