"Boldin Quiet on Playing the Cardinals"

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think you summed it up very well. Boldin got sick and tired of the Soft attitude in Arizona. He got tired of the team not being mentally tough. And that is what he really means when he says he's on a team that's all about winning.

Boldin got sick and tired of playing in Larry's shadow and wanted to get paid and knew it wasnt going to be here.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
My Boldin jersey is going into the goodwill bag. Don't need it anymore. Time to move on.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I'm not self righteous enough to think that Boldin did anything wrong. I don't know the circumstances involved behind the scenes, and I don't care.

I do know that the guy gave 110% on the field, and brightened so many Sundays. Don't buy into the drama or the hype, remember the man that fought for this team. Good for him getting out before Ken sunk the ship. I wish him nothing but success.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Q lobbied for Edge, Edge came against the NFL winds
was treated like donkey dung,
Dansby, Rolle, Pace, Leinart ran as fast as possible.

Whiz has an open door policy - going out!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Edge was a bust, Rolle is average, Leinart doesn't have the drive, Pace got horribly overpaid, i miss Los...

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Edge was a bust, Rolle is average, Leinart doesn't have the drive, Pace got horribly overpaid, i miss Los...

Edge was a back to back 1,000+ yard rusher behind a crap Oline and the Cards first 1,000+ yard rusher in years and was key during the SB run. How exactly was he a bust?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Edge was a back to back 1,000+ yard rusher behind a crap Oline and the Cards first 1,000+ yard rusher in years and was key during the SB run. How exactly was he a bust?

What Edge got really shows why saying a player is overpaid is a waste of time.

ESPN.com has confirmed that the four-year contract is worth $30 million. James received an initial signing bonus of $7 million and will pocket a $4.5 million roster bonus on the seventh day of the 2006 league year, essentially the end of this week. The base salaries in the contract are $3.25 million (for 2006), $5.25 million (2007), $5 million (2008) and $5 million (2009).

What seemed like a ton of money in 2006 looks like a bargain today. For that money Edge was far from a bust.

The Cardinals gave Bradley a $10 million signing bonus on a five-year, $25 million contract in late July.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

I hope you're not using 1,000 yard season as a good indicator for a RB. It's about quality not quantity. Both those years he wasn't even in the top 35 in YPC. He was a workhorse and a great blocker but there's a reason the Arizona Cardinals were the only team to offer him that much money.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Edge was a bust? No.

He earned every penny we paid him. He was the first cardinal to have consecutive thousand yard seasons in who knows how long for God's sake.

He and boldin (but not at the very end) and Warner and Berry were leaders that helped change the culture of this organization, and set up the 2008 playoff run.

Don't ever say Edge was a bust. He was one the best FA signings this organization has ever made.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Boldin 2011: 27 catches 2 td. Doucet 26 catches 2td

The more relevant stat:

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Anquan Boldin 7 receptions for 145 yards average of 20.7 per reception and drew 2 P.I.'s

Early Doucet 2 receptions for 20 yards and a touchdown.

In my opinion, Early Doucet is a decent 3rd receiver when healthy, but he is no Anquan Boldin, and the front office made one of many recent screw-ups when they refused to make Q happy, just like they tried to low-ball Kurt Warner after he led us to a Super Bowl.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more relevant stat:

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Anquan Boldin 7 receptions for 145 yards average of 20.7 per reception and drew 2 P.I.'s

Early Doucet 2 receptions for 20 yards and a touchdown.

In my opinion, Early Doucet is a decent 3rd receiver when healthy, but he is no Anquan Boldin, and the front office made one of many recent screw-ups when they refused to make Q happy, just like they tried to low-ball Kurt Warner after he led us to a Super Bowl.
Not a relevant stat. Q was playing against US.

If Doucet had to play against us, he'd have those stats, too. Hell, I'd go for a buck-twenty & a td against us.