Black Monday firings

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Mike Nolan. He's a 3-4 guy who played with a 4-3 in Atlanta because that's what they had for personnel. I'd love to bring him in to replace Bowles.

I'm a huge Mike Nolan fan.
We may just need someone. Bowles is getting a good look by a few teams.

Interesting who BA would bring in if Bowles did get hired somewhere else

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was reading the Tennessee newspapers this morning, looking for insight on whether Whiz. Looks like he will.

I read this though, and though, Wow, where have I heard that before..

Yes, Whisenhunt took the second of his six Arizona Cardinals teams to the Super Bowl
Painfully obvious that this was all Warner and Haley.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I was reading the Tennessee newspapers this morning, looking for insight on whether Whiz. Looks like he will.

I read this though, and though, Wow, where have I heard that before..

"The system works"...sigh, some guys are just too stubborn for their own good.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"The system works"...sigh, some guys are just too stubborn for their own good.

Tennessee boasts one of the least talented rosters this side of Jacksonville. I'm not overly sure what playing to "strengths" the current roster possesses would accomplish or even what those "strengths" are.

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Tennessee boasts one of the least talented rosters this side of Jacksonville. I'm not overly sure what playing to "strengths" the current roster possesses would accomplish or even what those "strengths" are.

Square peg round hole, you can't just plug and play in this league. You have to adapt to the talent at hand, it is what killed him in AZ, you just can't run that offense we had with Warner with Leinart/Kolb/Skelton/Anderson etc etc...you could argue there wasn't much to work with there but aside from Leinart he picked every QB that started while he was here and tried to run the same offense over and over.

Not sure what he was running in Tenn but nobody there was impressed by his coaching performance--not fans or media.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike Smith was the most pathetic coach in the league since being hired IMO. I was shocked he lasted this long. What a joke.

Artie Blake loved Mike Smith. Maras won't fire Coughlin. He will have to retire or move upstairs. 49ers will never get a better coach than Harbaugh. Bears would be great fit for Rex, but I can't imagine him and Cutler together.

Last edited:

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why do people keep tabbing Ryan as a DC replacement?

Unless the Bidwill's sell, I don't even see a distant cousin of a Ryan working here.

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rex worked here once. What makes anyone think either side would want him back?

LDL

Veteran
Reaction score
Come on now. I will still occasionally, actually speak to X-wife. Though I do think that Rob >Rex.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Come on now. I will still occasionally, actually speak to X-wife. Though I do think that Rob >Rex.

I challenge you to back this up with any kind of evidence. The Jets Defense has been at or near the top of the NFL basically every year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I like Mike Nolan. He's a 3-4 guy who played with a 4-3 in Atlanta because that's what they had for personnel. I'd love to bring him in to replace Bowles.

I'm a huge Mike Nolan fan.

I would be ok with Nolan if Bowles leaves.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
^With the second pick overall in the 2015 NFL draft the Tennessee Titans take Marcus Mariota quarterback Oregon.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doug Marrone opted out of his contract with the Bills.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
From @mortreport and I: Doug Marrone walks with his 2015 salary of $4 million without it counting as an offset against any future salary.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
New York Jets become favorites to land former Bills HC Doug Marrone, who is from the Bronx.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How much of a dumpster fire were the Bills when they hired Marrone that he was able to get that opt out AND get paid clause. My guess is it was in there due to the uncertainty of the ownership at the time. Now he is going to end up in the division with another team.

You are seriously tempting the long ******* of the football gods Dougie.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't even want to know why you have that picture. But I'm not judging.

I Googled football gods and that's what came up..not what I was expecting but it seemed appropriate for his comment. What can I say?

Tyler3450

All Star
Reaction score
what are everyone's thoughts on Rex Ryan being our DC/Asst. head coach? (assuming, of course, he's willing)

MARK IN SC :)

PROUD OF MY CARDINALS AND THEIR COMPETE-LEVEL THIS YEAR!

He doesn't want to be a DC again... Think he will end up in ATL (which might help us keep Bowles)

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There are only 32 NFL head coaching jobs in the world and Doug Marrone walked away from one. Either the Bills are a real mess or he's already in at what he perceives to be a better job (Jets?).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard