Ron Rivera - Commanders
Arthur Smith - Falcons
Matt Eberflus - Bears

Hot Seat:
Mike Vrabel - Titans
Bill Belichick - Patriots
Dennis Allen - Saints
Todd Bowles - Buccaneers

Keep in mind, there is usually a surprise firing.

Brian Daboll - Giants?

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's that time of year again.

New Head Coaches by year:

2023 - 7
2022 - 7

3 Already fired:

Josh McDaniels - Raiders
Frank Reich - Panthers
Brandon Staley - Chargers

Most likely fired:
Ron Rivera - Commanders
Arthur Smith - Falcons
Matt Eberflus - Bears

Hot Seat:
Mike Vrabel - Titans
Bill Belichick - Patriots
Dennis Allen - Saints
Todd Bowles - Buccaneers

Keep in mind, there is usually a surprise firing.

Brian Daboll - Giants?
Add Mike Tomlin to the list as a maybe in the surprise category. I do think if he makes the playoffs he gets an extension, which would be monumentally stupid. I also think Mason Rudolph, weirdly enough, saved his job. His situation is interesting as he'll be a lame-duck coach next year, and neither he nor ownership will want that. I think it's extension or trade or, less likely, a firing. For the staleness of that franchise, he shouldn't be kept, but he might be, even if they miss the playoffs.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Add Mike Tomlin to the list as a maybe in the surprise category. I do think if he makes the playoffs he gets an extension, which would be monumentally stupid. I also think Mason Rudolph, weirdly enough, saved his job. His situation is interesting as he'll be a lame-duck coach next year, and neither he nor ownership will want that. I think it's extension or trade or, less likely, a firing. For the staleness of that franchise, he shouldn't be kept, but he might be, even if they miss the playoffs.
Tomlin is getting an extension.

Also think Allen gets another year, with the way the Saints have played the 2nd half of the season...and I think Bowles is safe in TB.

At the end of the day I think there will be 8 openings...the 5 of the above on the already/likely categories (I think Eberflus is safe). The wildcards will be Carroll (retire), Pierce ( Raiders fired the last interim HC and he made the playoffs), BB ( Will he be willing to give up some personnel control?), Sirianni ( The fire is getting hot in Philly...they may need to make a deep playoff run to save his job), Reid ( Retire???? Chiefs are getting older), McVay ( If Rams make some noise in the playoffs, does he retire???? He's flirted with it the last 2 off-seasons).

Stout

Reaction score

Also think Allen gets another year, with the way the Saints have played the 2nd half of the season...and I think Bowles is safe in TB.

At the end of the day I think there will be 8 openings...the 5 of the above on the already/likely categories (I think Eberflus is safe). The wildcards will be Carroll (retire), Pierce ( Raiders fired the last interim HC and he made the playoffs), BB ( Will he be willing to give up some personnel control?), Sirianni ( The fire is getting hot in Philly...they may need to make a deep playoff run to save his job), Reid ( Retire???? Chiefs are getting older), McVay ( If Rams make some noise in the playoffs, does he retire???? He's flirted with it the last 2 off-seasons).
I hope so. It will set the Stillers back.

Stout

Reaction score
I don't understand the hate with Mike Tomlin.

Side note - has their ever been a HC that hasn't had a losing season in their entire career?

Tomlin has done that for 17 years - in the NFL - in a tough division.
That's because he's a national media darling and most people only hear them sing his praises. He is sooo old fashioned and hidebound and it's killed his team. It might be ruining a young QB, although the young QB may not be good either. He has an absolute ton of talent, so of course his team does win, but his refusal to hire talented coaches and his idiotic offensive philosophy, run through his crony Canada, whom he didn't want to fire, almost killed the season. His philosophy is, I kid you not, play scared offense, don't turn it over, and let the defense win. Beyond putrid offense. His season (and job) was saved by a third-string QB playing out of his mind for 3 games--literally.

This is all why I want the Stillers to keep him, of course :)

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Pretty sure I read a week or even 2 weeks ago they announced Eberflus would be back next season

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If the Bills don't get in the playoffs I can see Sean McDermott getting axed. They've had too much talent the past few years to get nothing out of it. Plus, things seem to be in disarray over there.

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If the Bills don't get in the playoffs I can see Sean McDermott getting axed. They've had too much talent the past few years to get nothing out of it. Plus, things seem to be in disarray over there.

Pretty risky to fire a coach with these results.

See Andy Reid.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Pretty risky to fire a coach with these results.

See Andy Reid.

You must be registered for see images attach
I get it but 1 AFC championship game appearance in 6 years, 7 if they don't make it this year, with a very talented roster will be troubling. And, until this year, the AFC east with Miami has been dreadful for the past few seasons so it was pretty easy to build up their record.

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I get it but 1 AFC championship game appearance in 6 years, 7 if they don't make it this year, with a very talented roster will be troubling. And, until this year, the AFC east with Miami has been dreadful for the past few seasons so it was pretty easy to build up their record.

I disagree.

His first 4 years - the Patriots had Brady. Buffalo knocked them out of first place for the first time in like 17 years.

I think 3/4 teams in the East have been pretty close to .500 or better since 2017 (his first year).

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Totally forgot to add Arthur Smith in the list of more than likely to get canned.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Billicek is going to retire. He has nothing left to prove.

Tomlin made the playoffs. Bowles made the playoffs.

The surprises could be Carroll retiring, and Vrabel getting fired.

The rest aren't really surprising.

Harbaugh to the Raiders. Vrabel will be snatched up quick if he's fired in Tennessee

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard