Bill Davis

cdex99

Registered
Reaction score
Bill Davis has made me a believer. To say that I was worried about this defense during the preseason would be an understatement. I even thought Whis should've let Davis go. Thankfully, Whis has a good head on his shoulders and boy was I wrong. Keep up the great work Bill!!!

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope Coach Davis does this the rest of the Season. Attack, Attack, Attack, and when the other teams offense is down and struggling, Stomp a mud hole in then. Its been done to us so many times it time for paybacks.

Shock The World!!!

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't argue that one with you Cardiac------That one was in their house too, and was for rights to play Minny for the Conferance Championship.

Actually, it was for the right to play Minnesota in the Divisional Playoff round. Minnesota played Atlanta for the Conference Championship, and lost.

Both great wins.

Can't argue with that!

By the way-----I don't believe Dallas has won a playoff game since they lost that one to us have they?????

Nope!

...dave

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would consider the Dallas playoff win. Aikman was more confused and whiny then Eli was at the end of the game.

Flip a coin for me as to which was the best coached Cardinal Defense.

Aikman very obviously still holds a grudge from that game. So I'd agree.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing what Mike Nolan has done for the formerly inept Bronco defense, I was very bitter about the Cards not hiring him and instead choosing Davis. Especially after seeing the secondary getting shredded in the Colts game

The jints game gave me hope that it's all good.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bill Davis has earned some time and patience from all of us. We can't annoint him as a savior yet but things are looking very good. How cool would it be if Davis has learned enough at this point to become the next GREAT D coordinator.

Davis had a great plan against the Giants. Wilson and Rolle drove Eli nuts. Omaha my a$$. 2 delay of game penalties, 3 sacks, 3 interceptions, 3 points in the 2nd half; that's domination in anyones book.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Bill Davis has earned some time and patience from all of us. We can't annoint him as a savior yet but things are looking very good. How cool would it be if Davis has learned enough at this point to become the next GREAT D coordinator.

Davis had a great plan against the Giants. Wilson and Rolle drove Eli nuts. Omaha my a$$. 2 delay of game penalties, 3 sacks, 3 interceptions, 3 points in the 2nd half; that's domination in anyones book.

You're spot-on with that Cardiac. Davis should have a good bit of time and patience from us. I guess I am having a hard time believing that somehow we won't stink up the Nest against the Panthers. We have been to this exact point several times over the years, and never have been able to turn that corner without cutting it short and smashing into something. Damn, Sunday is a long time to hold my breath.:mad::bang:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Bill Davis sure seems to be an upgrade over Penderghast. If the defense continues to play at this level from here on out and the offense gets back some of that big play ability we will truly be an elite team.

I'd also like to give credit to whoever is most responsible for Branch & Campbell's development. Those guys are monsters and at times unblockable. Branch's second sack was the best play I'd ever seen from a Cardinal DT aside from Dockett in years.

I was one of the ones writing off Branch...I am so happy I was wrong.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Bill Davis sure seems to be an upgrade over Penderghast. If the defense continues to play at this level from here on out and the offense gets back some of that big play ability we will truly be an elite team.

I'd also like to give credit to whoever is most responsible for Branch & Campbell's development. Those guys are monsters and at times unblockable. Branch's second sack was the best play I'd ever seen from a Cardinal DT aside from Dockett in years.

That would be Coach Aikin or Aiken who is the defensive line coach.There is much more to come every week from this depth of guys we have "IF" the refs will make sure our guys are not held as much like the giants game.We could of had a saftey sack in NewYork on that 3rd and forever play when CC was held like crazy.Not called.I fear for missed calls like that in the RED SEA.I also fear for the panthers qb this week.We may see several.:D

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score

There is one other thing factoring in on this one. After the Indy game, Coach Davis ASKED the defensive players what they would like to see us doing. One of the things that Branch said, was that he liked playing DE rather than the Nose all the time. Apparently Davis has listened to ALL the Defensive Unit, because Branch is now playing DE part of the time, and he is really turning it on. He says he is now having fun. Wilson said the same thing. That Davis asked them what they would like to do after the Indy game, and AW says that playing for Davis is fun now. I think he is using our players more from a standpoint of where they feel good playing and in the style they are comfortable with. THIS WHOLE UNIT HAS BOUGHT INTO WHAT HE IS DOING NOW. The difference in their performance is phenominal since then, all the way through the unit. :D