Truth Hurts...

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
This. I love this team too much to throw dirt on them, but I'm as angry as I could possibly be with my football team right now. Losing is one thing. It can happen on any occasion. My issue lies on the azz whupping that was laid on us by a team that was destroyed by the lousy eagles of all teams on their own field. It was as gutless a performance as could be expected by a first place team with a chance to punch their postseason ticket. I have serious issue with that.

It was the kind of loss that makes you start to question the leadership of the team. Kliff, VJ, Kyler, Hicks. I say "start" because it was just one game.

But if Indy trucks us, and we don't show anything Sat, then I'm afraid that we're going to have to conclude that something is rotten in Denmark (so to speak).

DVontel

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am kind of curious if you’re gonna be this active if we somehow win unlike most of the season

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I am kind of curious if you’re gonna be this active if we somehow win unlike most of the season
Assuming you're talking to me??

If so, should we somehow do the unexpected and win on Christmas day, I will 100% offer my thoughts and praise to those who contributed to the Christmas gift!
And shall the team do what I expect - lose, I won't gloat as I take no comfort in being right about this crap. I'm a fan of the team, though that doesn't mean I have to be a fan of a coach or certain players... Win or Lose, my concerns over Kliff and Kyler will remain until they do things to make me feel otherwise. This season, a playoff birth doesn't do that. A playoff win would!

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I happened to listen to Colin Cowherd interview Mike Silver yesterday (while I was packing for my move).

Not a single good thing about K1 was said. Things that were thrown around "he's not a galvanizing type of player - he's not one of the guys - poor body language/eye rolling - doesn't like to get hit - entering Jay Cutler territory - not a leader- something is off with that team" and more. o_O

They said there was a lot of pressure from mgmt to win this year and that Bidwill was not happy they missed the playoffs last year.

To be fair, they said no QB likes to get hit, but most don't shy away from it.

Was it all justified? Maybe not, but they did bring up some interesting points.
Just 2 num nuts interviewing each other

phillycard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It was the kind of loss that makes you start to question the leadership of the team. Kliff, VJ, Kyler, Hicks. I say "start" because it was just one game.

But if Indy trucks us, and we don't show anything Sat, then I'm afraid that we're going to have to conclude that something is rotten in Denmark (so to speak).
No lies told C Dub.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
His point is that Any Reid is and has been a really good coach for a really long time. To consider him less than a top 5 coach of his generation is absurd.

Again... Never said he wasn't!!

What's your point??

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yup can’t help but call out posters when they attack other posters. Guess my sense of what’s right is a character flaw.
But only see what you want to see, but when your bother is out of pocket you don’t say anything, Mr “Righteous Crusader”

cheesebeef

ASFN AWESOME
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But only see what you want to see, but when your bother is out of pocket you don’t say anything, Mr “Righteous Crusader”

Man... you should start charging me rent because apparently I’m living rent free in your head and have been for over a decade.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So, Mike B and Keim have cobbled together a team that, for the initial stages of a season, can often be an exciting and fun team to watch. Relying heavily on the physical (not mental or intellectual) gifts of Murray, along with superior skills of several others: D-Hop, Kirk, Rondale, Conner, Edmonds on offense. And guys like Jones, Watt, Golden, Baker, Murphy, Hicks, Simmons on defense... The team is fully capable of winning 9 or 10 games a season, with virtually ALL of the W's coming in the first 3/4ths of the season.

But of course, quality teams that can be counted on to get into the post season more often than not, focus on the last 1/4th of the season. They are managed and led in ways that build momentum and build reliability in ways that translate to late-season, crunch-time W's.

So in many ways, from the GM, to the coaching and of course down to the players, the Cardinals are really nothing more than a collection of posers and imposters. Many so-called "experts," most notably Keyshawn, have known this from the jump. For Gambo and the rest of us fans, it was nasty-tasting medicine we refused to take. Yet, it was and remains the truth.

So yea, I have never been a fan of Kliffy since day one. And IMHO, he hasn't done one single thing to make me feel differently toward him. In fact, if anything, he has only cemented my misgivings and distrust in him. He is a pretty-boy, LuLuLemon wearing poser who has never won a thing anywhere as a coach. And I believe he remains entirely incapable of winning when it matters most at the highest level of the game. Though many give him the tag of being a "players coach," he is not a leader as anyone can lead when the games don't matter much. Real leaders of men are able to lift their troops to levels they never thought possible, particularly when the intensity and the stakes reach critical levels. Kliffy is none of that and so, while we can do what we fans love to do - dissecting each play and each player, the truth is that this team's shortcomings begin and end with the head coach. Period.

Aside from Kyler, I actually believe this team has enough talent to make it to the post season. But without a credible head coach, AND, without a truly viable leader at the QB position, it will take a ton of great luck and fortunate breaks for this team to play in a post-season game.
IMHO, Kyler is a major source of the problems with this team. In his 3rd season, facing a depleted 1-win team, he should've been more than capable of lifting his play to the level that would've produced a W yesterday. I don't care that our defense allowed an undrafted Practice Squad RB to go for over 100 yards... The reality is our offense was shut-out in the first half and was only able to score ONE touchdown. I don't have the words to describe how pitiful that is, yet it speaks volumes about our QB...

Unfortunately, the hurtful truth is that, as long as Kliffy and Kyler remain at the helm of this ship(sinking?), expectations will need to be throttled back. They may get us to the post season every now and then... but I would suspect it will always be a one & done scenario. Certainly, a Super Bowl appearance, let alone a Championship is as far out of reach as is the moon from earth...
This is the worst post I have ever read. 3 years on the job and we have improved each year. Saying Kyler isn’t a leader!?!? Dude never lost in HS and lost like 3 games in college. He is one of the best QBs to ever come out of Texas and his ability is off the charts. He will
Never be vanilla and some of his decisions we have to live with. But this is crazy jibberish and your opinion while it is your opinion it is so bad that teeters on
Insane. We have had injuries to 2 major players. Every team in the nfl has struggled! We are 1 game back for having the best record. Teams have lost to horrible teams and looked bad doing it. Tampa just lost 9-0 to a team who had lost 4 of 5!!! The Bills scored 6 points on A dysfunctional Jaguars team that was going through major drama. Judge a season when it ends!!! People around here judge things before the result has actually occurred. Everyone here is so jump off the cliff when things go bad and OMG I need to run to the top of the mountain when things are good. The season is long!! Most teams that win the Super Bowl in last 15 years are flawed. Many. The Patriots were 18-0 and lost to a 9-7 wild card team. The Eagles used a marginal QB who was a backup and won it all. Let’s see what happens. Because I know for sure. Around here. If we lost in first round as a wild card. Fire everyone. If we make it to nfc championship game. Extensions for all. If we make it to super bowl and win it. The bandwagon I knew it all along will be bursting at the seams.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To add on. We have endured some of the worst seasons and most horrific losses of all time. I rather enjoy the moment at 10-4 because we have things to play for. And that right there is so much better than us thinking who we should draft next year. Our GM goes out and makes big splashes. We are relevant right now. And that right there is the best thing we can say about the Cardinals in a long time.