Bickley: Arizona Cardinals fans need to lower their expectations

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
C'mon Dems, you've been around long enough to know it's 5-11, rain or shine. Plus lowered expectations makes glimpses of competence all the more exciting!

Lol, after being in a Cardinals suck induced funk for the past few months I'm starting to get my Sally Sunshine-ridiculously-optimistic -WE-CAN-DO-THIS mojo on.

Y'all are warned.

(Thanks, 40. You da best.)

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Lol, after being in a Cardinals suck induced funk for the past few months I'm starting to get my Sally Sunshine-ridiculously-optimistic -WE-CAN-DO-THIS mojo on.

Y'all are warned.

(Thanks, 40. You da best.)

I like it. My expectations are to have an entertaining NFL season, and that is almost always guaranteed, irrespective of our personal franchise. (Although it's much more fun when we're contending)

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bickley spends too much time telling fans how to be fans.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't need to lower my expectations. If it becomes necessary, the Cardinals will tell me soon enough. Until then, I'll keep hoping.

Steve

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
GREAT REPLY! Agreed, we fans hope for the best each season but it dies fast when/if you realize the management just wants to slide by and cover their expenses.
I'm telling management right now damn it, make the effort to be champions or I will move on! I've been backing a loser for too long. If not for Kurt Warner I would have done it. Perhaps Kurt should be doing you're job.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Seriously?!?! Were the freakin Arizona Cardinals. How can we set the bar any lower?

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed, we fans hope for the best each season but it dies fast when/if you realize the management just wants to slide by and cover their expenses.

That's the feeling I got when my Coke came in an official Kevin Kolb souvenir mug at this year's Fan Fest.

Reaction score
I found the realism to be a break of fresh air in Phoenix. I've only lived in two cities, but each year in Chicago, there are two givens: people will be predicting over-the-top successful seasons for the Bears and the Cubs. Not sure why fans of the other Chicago teams are able to have somewhat realistic expectations (could be my bias as a White Sox fan), but even if Jay Cutler broke both his hips, people would be thinking the Bears would make the playoffs.

Guess that's why the Superfans were created for SNL!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not me, I live in Chicago and think Cutler is about to wear out his welcome here.

But I am in the minority. :)

Just wait and see. As soon as the card fans don't attend games because the team loses, Bickley will say that card fans are terrible for not supporting the team win or lose like fans in Chicago an elsewhere blah blah blah.

Reaction score
If Cutler does wear out his welcome, a new savior will be anointed by the next season and everyone will think that he's twice as good as he actually is.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
GREAT REPLY! Agreed, we fans hope for the best each season but it dies fast when/if you realize the management just wants to slide by and cover their expenses.
I'm telling management right now damn it, make the effort to be champions or I will move on! I've been backing a loser for too long. If not for Kurt Warner I would have done it. Perhaps Kurt should be doing you're job.

The League's TV deal makes so much that expenses for every team are already covered before the first kickoff of the season.

As for Bickley, I can't believe 620 hired this fool instead of giving Chuck and Vince their own show.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn