Better Call Saul (AMC)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
welp... i didn't see that coming in the second half season opener! fascinated now to see what the hell do they from here.
Yeah, I thought last night's events were going to be in the penultimate episode. I was surprised we got something that big on the 2nd half premier. If that's how they start it...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought last night's events were going to be in the penultimate episode. I was surprised we got something that big on the 2nd half premier. If that's how they start it...
Makes me wonder if we’re gonna get 3 episodes in future Nebraska. I thought maybe we’d get 2 at most but this leaves room for more exploration of the post Bad Saul.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I could forget everything about BB and BCS. Just so I can experience it all over again.
I can still remember the exact time and place I heard of and watched BB for the first time.

I was in a courthouse in Chicago, working as my boss’ writer’s Asst. on a pilot for Sony and he came up to me with a DVD of another Sony pilot that was in the running. He said “Watch this. It’s without a doubt the best pilot ever made… that will never get picked up to series.”

I watched it immediately on my laptop and was just utterly blown away. And agreed it would never see the light of day.

Was happy as a pig in slop when I saw the show announced and it ended up my favorite show of all time.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Just finished the finale. What a truly wonderful show. I am going to miss it. It is amazing that they took a character that was only tolerable in short spurts and created one of the best all time shows around him. Truly amazing.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
I love how they addressed...

Marie and Blanca's justice for their husbands, which was a hanging thread from BB.

Also, the *one* juror that (now) Jimmy needed to convince was Kim. (of his repentance and willingness to accept his guilt)

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I liked how the whole series was about how Jimmy McGill became Saul Goodman, but the finale was about how Saul Goodman found his path back to Jimmy McGill

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love how they addressed...

Marie and Blanca's justice for their husbands, which was a hanging thread from BB.

Also, the *one* juror that (now) Jimmy needed to convince was Kim. (of his repentance and willingness to accept his guilt)
Yeah… this was REALLY well done and packed a real good punch to remind us of the ramifications of becoming Saul and the fallout of that decision during the Bad years.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So AMC announced during finale that Bob Odekirk will be in another series Giancarlo Esposito will as well. Giancarlo teased on a late night talk show appearance about a Gus Fring spin off but I wonder if the rumors of a BCS movie in works ala El Camino.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I finished it tonight. I almost gave up on it the first few episodes but am so glad I hung in there. Fantastic show.