Bargain Bin Shopping

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
People forgetting we went 8-0 with Durant and Book and added Beal to that.
That and we hit the playoffs in a horrible stride, most of our players were already banged up and or coming back from injury.
Just the way it is. Crossing my fingers for HEALTH more than anything this year.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That and we hit the playoffs in a horrible stride, most of our players were already banged up and or coming back from injury.
Just the way it is. Crossing my fingers for HEALTH more than anything this year.
That was our whole season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People forgetting we went 8-0 with Durant and Book and added Beal to that.
I don't think any of us are forgetting it and it should give us hope for this season if we can stay healthy. But OTOH, I wouldn't make too much about us going 8-0 with KD given that most of those victories came against teams that were bad or tanking plus the two games against a Denver squad that was missing most of their key players. As I recall, the only victories that I thought looked good for us at the time were the close wins over Minnesota and Dallas.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eric Gordon waived. We should be ALL OVER this for a minimum deal.

We are already 3 point shooting deficient and can’t have enough guard depth with Payne being so unreliable and Beal’s injury history.

This should be a no-brainer.

Make it happen JJ. Tomorrow.

Last edited:

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

We are already 3 point shooting deficient and can’t have enough guard depth with Payne being so unreliable and Beal’s injury history.

I wonder how likely it is that he doesn't get a better offer somewhere else? Would he be willing to ring chase?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Eric Gordon is the perfect gauge on the predictions that we are a major player for vet minimums. Talk about the perfect signing at the vet min.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Been looking at articles on possible targets for us.. I really feel like I am at Walmart looking at the DVD bin. I find nothing appealing and walk away but then turn around to look through the bin again.

I hope we can score some nice pieces.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Minny declined Taurean Prince's option. That might be a decent forward option.

Shot 39% from 3 last year and mixes it up defensively. Would be nice depth.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are going to be some options here. If we could add Gordon and Prince in free agency, resign our own free agents, and have a rookie turn out somewhat playable; things would be looking up.

I don't think we will be keeping Okogie or Warren. Warren wants a bigger role and someone will pay JO more than we can.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
There are going to be some options here. If we could add Gordon and Prince in free agency, resign our own free agents, and have a rookie turn out somewhat playable; things would be looking up.

I don't think we will be keeping Okogie or Warren. Warren wants a bigger role and someone will pay JO more than we can.
I like the idea of both Gordon and Prince, along with Landale, Biz and Torrey to go along with the guys we have. That's 12 total, plus one for Saban Lee on the 2-way.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

I was against trading assets for Gordon based on his age, etc. However, he would be a top vet min guy. In fact, I think we would be competing against mid level deals he could get. IDK, if he would see us as legit. I think we could offer him some pretty good playing time though.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I like the idea of both Gordon and Prince, along with Landale, Biz and Torrey to go along with the guys we have. That's 12 total, plus one for Saban Lee on the 2-way.
That would be a great offseason - I'd like to keep Okogie around, but other than that good with this.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was wanting to keep Bizzy. That guy was our best shot blocker the last couple of seasons. In fact, he's moving up the all time NBA list as just a back up. His blocks per minute are crazy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the Suns use all three of their two-way contracts although not all necessarily right away.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love the idea of Gordon for guard depth and shooting. For wings, Id like to go younger (under 30) with guys who have a chance to develop with Booker rather than old ring chasers. The younger guys should be hungrier and provide a but of youthful resiliency for the long season Watanabe and Bates-Diop look like good fits with the ability to play the 3 and stretch 4 positions.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only chunk of money I can find for the Suns to spend is the $5 million trade exception from the Saric trade but using it may be easier said than done. Danuel House is used as an example in the article.

By Gerald Bourguet June 29, 2023:

And finally, we get to our trade exception candidates! As a result of the Dario Saric trade, the Suns can absorb up to $5,075,371 in salary with their traded player exception. Phoenix would still have to find a way to give up something, which would be difficult in most scenarios because they don’t own their own draft picks for the foreseeable future.

With that being said, there are a couple of unique scenarios that could fit the bill. It’s a difficult needle to thread in finding a player whose contract is worth $5 million or less, whose team wouldn’t want him, and whose team wouldn’t expect much in return.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Players mentioned using the trade exception.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was against trading assets for Gordon based on his age, etc. However, he would be a top vet min guy. In fact, I think we would be competing against mid level deals he could get. IDK, if he would see us as legit. I think we could offer him some pretty good playing time though.
Gordon is the ideal candidate. He has already made lots of money in his career. He has already cashed in. Playing on this team for a potential championship would be appealing to him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love the idea of Gordon for guard depth and shooting. For wings, Id like to go younger (under 30) with guys who have a chance to develop with Booker rather than old ring chasers. The younger guys should be hungrier and provide a but of youthful resiliency for the long season Watanabe and Bates-Diop look like good fits with the ability to play the 3 and stretch 4 positions.
Prince is 29. Perfect for where this team is now. DHouse would be good as well, he is 30. Its OK to have some young ones, but not at the expense of overall team performance.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard