Bargain Bin Shopping

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay so we are going to have to have some dudes at the league minimum playing some minutes. I figure we have at least 4 guys making the minimum so we need some quality out of that. Center is absolutely where the best guys are, which shows how devalued the position is.

So let the dumpster diving begin:

PG

Jevon Carter - A near perfect fit great three point shooter and a good defender. Booker should be on his ass right now
Patrick Beverly - Oh it would be crazy if CP3 goes to LA and Pat Bev comes here
George Hill - Super old but can still shoot it
Goran Dragic - Cause it's sentimental.

SG

Javonte Green - Good shooter
Lonnie Walker - Also a good shooter
Svi Mykhailliuk - See above

SF

Okogie
Warren
Ross
Ish
Basically our guys are already the best of the dumpster

PF

Wenyen Gabriel - Good rebounder
Dario Saric - He probably gets better than a minimum deal but who knows

C

Landale
Bizzy
Tank
Moritz Wagner - Like the Tank but better
Goga Bitadze - Dirt worker
Meyers Leonard - This guy is a legit floor spacer. Always liked him in Portland

PF / Center also is where I would spend my mid level

Naz Reid
Thomas Bryant

Both are in positions behind entrenched starters but are actually really good in their limited minutes.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay so we are going to have to have some dudes at the league minimum playing some minutes. I figure we have at least 4 guys making the minimum so we need some quality out of that. Center is absolutely where the best guys are, which shows how devalued the position is.

So let the dumpster diving begin:

PG

Jevon Carter - A near perfect fit great three point shooter and a good defender. Booker should be on his ass right now
Patrick Beverly - Oh it would be crazy if CP3 goes to LA and Pat Bev comes here
George Hill - Super old but can still shoot it
Goran Dragic - Cause it's sentimental.

SG

Javonte Green - Good shooter
Lonnie Walker - Also a good shooter
Svi Mykhailliuk - See above

SF

Okogie
Warren
Ross
Ish
Basically our guys are already the best of the dumpster

PF

Wenyen Gabriel - Good rebounder
Dario Saric - He probably gets better than a minimum deal but who knows

C

Landale
Bizzy
Tank
Moritz Wagner - Like the Tank but better
Goga Bitadze - Dirt worker
Meyers Leonard - This guy is a legit floor spacer. Always liked him in Portland

PF / Center also is where I would spend my mid level

Naz Reid
Thomas Bryant

Both are in positions behind entrenched starters but are actually really good in their limited minutes.

Great list. Lots of younger guys and not a bunch of old "ring chasers". The old vet "ring chase" minimum guys tend to show you why they're now on the minimum as they can barely be trusted to stay healthy, much less consistently contribute.

Seeing as we have Jock's bird rights, I think it is a given he will be back, I think Biz will too, he has seemed to like it here (although, much has changed).

Carter would be perfect, but he will probably get offers in the 3-5 mil range from someone.

I like Okogie, we just need to fine him every time he jacks up a terrible 3 early in the shot clock. It's funny that in March the worry was he'd get 10+ mil a year from someone and now he's back where he was last summer. I think it's pretty likely he returns.

I'd love the Tank back too, he was a glue guy, everyone loves playing with him and you could tell how bummed the team was when he got cut. He seemed like a coach on the court, keeping guys on an even keel, a good counter to some of the more intense personalities.

I expect Naz Reid to be well out of our price range.

Screw Dragic and especially screw Bev. I think Bev ends up back in Minnesota. Dragic I think is done.

I also think Crowder is a real possibility. I only see him looking to sign with title favorites and if those favorites don't offer him more than the minimum, I think he would come back here now that Monty is gone. It will be here or Milwaukee is my guess.

Other guys to keep an eye on; Montrezl Harrell, Matisse Thybulle (probably out of our price range but maybe not), Dennis Smith Jr, Coby White and Kevin Love.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Great list. Lots of younger guys and not a bunch of old "ring chasers". The old vet "ring chase" minimum guys tend to show you why they're now on the minimum as they can barely be trusted to stay healthy, much less consistently contribute.

Seeing as we have Jock's bird rights, I think it is a given he will be back, I think Biz will too, he has seemed to like it here (although, much has changed).

Carter would be perfect, but he will probably get offers in the 3-5 mil range from someone.

I like Okogie, we just need to fine him every time he jacks up a terrible 3 early in the shot clock. It's funny that in March the worry was he'd get 10+ mil a year from someone and now he's back where he was last summer. I think it's pretty likely he returns.

I'd love the Tank back too, he was a glue guy, everyone loves playing with him and you could tell how bummed the team was when he got cut. He seemed like a coach on the court, keeping guys on an even keel, a good counter to some of the more intense personalities.

I expect Naz Reid to be well out of our price range.

Screw Dragic and especially screw Bev. I think Bev ends up back in Minnesota. Dragic I think is done.

I also think Crowder is a real possibility. I only see him looking to sign with title favorites and if those favorites don't offer him more than the minimum, I think he would come back here now that Monty is gone. It will be here or Milwaukee is my guess.

Other guys to keep an eye on; Montrezl Harrell, Matisse Thybulle (probably out of our price range but maybe not), Dennis Smith Jr, Coby White and Kevin Love.
I don’t know anyone would argue with the youth over age argument. I think the issue is that young guys still need to follow the money, and that isn’t likely here. So I think like you acknowledge with Naz, that likely eliminates thybulle and coby.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jevon Carter and Thomas Bryant stand out to me. Of course, I like a lot of the other names as well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Jevon Carter and Thomas Bryant stand out to me. Of course, I like a lot of the other names as well.
Bryant must be awful defensively because everywhere he goes he puts up numbers and then ends up nailed to the bench or cut. It’s the only reasoning I can come up with for the weird recurring dynamic. As a result I don’t think Vogel goes anywhere near the guy.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yes no way Dragic comes here at all, he hates the Suns. And no way Bev joins, he hasn't been useful for the last 3 years.

Crowder was not happy at all with the Bucks, he complained about his lack of playing time in the playoffs. I'm not sure what he thinks he worth right now and what we can offer might be too different things.

Bryant must be awful defensively because everywhere he goes he puts up numbers and then ends up nailed to the bench or cut. It’s the only reasoning I can come up with for the weird recurring dynamic. As a result I don’t think Vogel goes anywhere near the guy.

Bryant thinks he's a starter in this league. Some red flags when Jordan plays over you.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns need a player to direct himself to the Suns in the draft, like Austin Reaves did to the Lakers.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am really hoping Crowder for some reason decides to take the minimum. I doubt it will happen since he was supposedly pissed about not getting an extension, but after last year I don't think he will be offered a ton - but I'm sure he can get more than the minimum if he wants.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns need a player to direct himself to the Suns in the draft, like Austin Reaves did to the Lakers.
Since I'm pretty sure we just traded away our pick - we have to buy one or get one in an Ayton trade first.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I'm pretty sure we just traded away our pick - we have to buy one or get one in an Ayton trade first.

I should have mentioned Austin Reaves was an undrafted free agent, but he was not unwanted.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t know anyone would argue with the youth over age argument. I think the issue is that young guys still need to follow the money, and that isn’t likely here. So I think like you acknowledge with Naz, that likely eliminates thybulle and coby.

I noted the Thybulle probably is out of our price range, but I think Coby White is likely looking at a really weak market. I would not be shocked if he ends up playing for the minimum somewhere or a hair above it.

A good team with a lot of playing time available is likely to appeal to a few of these younger guys who need a chance to prove themselves if they want to make real money down the road.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard there were some potential 3 and D wings that might be available towards the end of the first round and that the Suns were interested in getting that kind of pick.

Would pretty much have to be an Ayton deal now.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if the math on Wantanabe has changed. I hope Durant has him in the back pocket. He could make a living in the corner with this team.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mid Level Naz Reid

The Suns will not have a midlevel exception. Go ahead and kiss that idea goodbye, the Beal trade virtually solidified that. It's all minimum deals from here on out unless we can find a team to take Ayton for nothing in return, which would be dumb.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am really hoping Crowder for some reason decides to take the minimum. I doubt it will happen since he was supposedly pissed about not getting an extension, but after last year I don't think he will be offered a ton - but I'm sure he can get more than the minimum if he wants.
Well, Monty is gone ;) but yeah, dunno about the minimum.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns will not have a midlevel exception. Go ahead and kiss that idea goodbye, the Beal trade virtually solidified that. It's all minimum deals from here on out unless we can find a team to take Ayton for nothing in return, which would be dumb.

I suppose it's possible for the Suns to trade Ayton to a team like the Spurs that could absorb his contract.

That should give them the MLE.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I suppose it's possible for the Suns to trade Ayton to a team like the Spurs that could absorb his contract.

Ayton > MLE signing

Doing that wouldn't make sense. While possible in theory, highly unlikely. We'll waive Ayton before giving him away for nothing in return.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

sure but that would be awful, if we got 2 firsts then yeah maybe.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, Monty is gone ;) but yeah, dunno about the minimum.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It sounds like the Suns are spinning the Crowder situation by having Gambo leak a favorable narrative. It's almost like they are trying to rehab his image to Suns fans who turned on him to prepare us for a return. Who knows how true it is. The same thing is happening for DA it seems.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard