Bandwagon Cam

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Maybe it's a bit much for the most sensitive people but is it really something to get worked up about?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns aren't the only team that does this, plenty of other teams have done it to the Warriors.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The video is meant to be tongue-in-cheek, not to be taken seriously.

However, I can't help but wonder how many comments they got right. :p

OP
OP
kps0001

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
Interesting, I guess I am in the minority. For the record, leclerc I am not "worked up about it". I just find it to be in very poor taste that the organization would troll opposing teams fans while they have paid money to enter their arena and just wanted to see what others felt. I think the Suns need to be more concerned about bringing "bandwagon" fans back to Talking Stick Arena but hey, who wants to keep supporting a perennial loser, which is what we have become sadly enough. This is something fans do to other fans not something an organization does. It's a very poor attempt at humor and something JC would have never allowed. It doesn't really matter if other teams do it or if it isn't to be taken seriously. I have been a fan since I moved here in 1991 but they are making it really hard for me to keep supporting them.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Love it. Its all in good fun. If I go to an opposing teams home game, I fully expect to be given a hard time.

90% of the time its innocent fun.

The other 10% is in philly or LA.

Rule: Dont go to Philly or LA games.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I guess I am in the minority. For the record, leclerc I am not "worked up about it". I just find it to be in very poor taste that the organization would troll opposing teams fans while they have paid money to enter their arena and just wanted to see what others felt. I think the Suns need to be more concerned about bringing "bandwagon" fans back to Talking Stick Arena but hey, who wants to keep supporting a perennial loser, which is what we have become sadly enough. This is something fans do to other fans not something an organization does. It's a very poor attempt at humor and something JC would have never allowed. It doesn't really matter if other teams do it or if it isn't to be taken seriously. I have been a fan since I moved here in 1991 but they are making it really hard for me to keep supporting them.

Your points are well taken. It shouldn't be a regular thing but it was indeed funny.

OP
OP
kps0001

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
Love it. Its all in good fun. If I go to an opposing teams home game, I fully expect to be given a hard time.

90% of the time its innocent fun.

The other 10% is in philly or LA.

Rule: Dont go to Philly or LA games.

I would totally expect to be given a hard time by opposing fans but not the organization.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would totally expect to be given a hard time by opposing fans but not the organization.

Its just ball bustin. Everyones having a good time.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't care for it but I'm out of touch with the right and wrongness of actions such as this one. But I'm not sure that JC being here would have kept something like this from happening. Personally I found the Oliver Miller/Gorilla incident to be far more inappropriate and I'm pretty sure that was under Jerry's watch.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see the big deal as far as why people are upset about this. It's been done by quite a few other teams, I've only seen it done to the Cavs and Warriors though. It's not mean spirited to have them pointed out in a humorous way. They are showing up to another team's arena wearing attire of the visiting team, if they don't expect to get a little bit of a hard time from other fans then they're delusional. I know it's the Suns pointing it out rather than fans but it is a Suns game in Phoenix. Before Lebron went back to Cleveland how many fans showed up when the Cavs were visiting wearing hats, jerseys, shirts, or jackets with Cleveland logos? Maybe 1 or 2, in the whole arena, if that.

It might be a little embarrassing for some fans but in all of the times I've seen videos of this being done in other arenas the fans take it in stride, they're featured on the big screen momentarily and seem to enjoy that. I think teams started doing it last year when the Warriors would play on the road but I could be wrong. I've heard of this happening at around a dozen arenas so the Suns aren't alone in doing it either. I can't believe Suns fans are taking issue with it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort