Back from Tampa

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Just got back from Tampa this afternoon...a liesurely drive of 2,457 miles roundtrip...and well worth it. Just wanted to recap a few things that made it memorable for me.

My wife & I stopped by Wings Gone Wild around 10:30pm and the place was packed! No way to track down ASFNers in that crowd. I said to Kath, and a few of the folks I talked with, that I had never seen that many Cardinal fans in one place before in my life! I only get to road games and I'm lucky to run into a dozen or so throughout the day. Seeing so many jerseys and so much red was awesome...gave me a warm fuzzy & made me dream of seeing games out in AZ someday.

As for Game Day, I'm sure most of everything has been hashed & re-hashed to death, so I'll just say that the experience of being at a Super Bowl game was incredible. Our seats were in the Steeler end zone between the uprights, and the memory that will stay with me most was watching Fitz running directly towards me with his 2nd TD while I screamed "RUN...RUN...RUN...RUN..." all the way until he crossed the goal line. I thought at that point we had just won the game...I was so confident that our D would make a play (or plays) to lock it up. But it wasn't to be.

All in all it was an awesome trip, and incredible experience, and I'm REALLY glad that we did it.

The entire drive home, and probably every quiet moment I have to think for at least the foreseeable future, all I'll see is the enduring image of Larry Fitz running straight at me and thinking "Man, we're about to win the freaking Super Bowl!"

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from Tampa this afternoon...a liesurely drive of 2,457 miles roundtrip...and well worth it. Just wanted to recap a few things that made it memorable for me.

My wife & I stopped by Wings Gone Wild around 10:30pm and the place was packed! No way to track down ASFNers in that crowd. I said to Kath, and a few of the folks I talked with, that I had never seen that many Cardinal fans in one place before in my life! I only get to road games and I'm lucky to run into a dozen or so throughout the day. Seeing so many jerseys and so much red was awesome...gave me a warm fuzzy & made me dream of seeing games out in AZ someday.

As for Game Day, I'm sure most of everything has been hashed & re-hashed to death, so I'll just say that the experience of being at a Super Bowl game was incredible. Our seats were in the Steeler end zone between the uprights, and the memory that will stay with me most was watching Fitz running directly towards me with his 2nd TD while I screamed "RUN...RUN...RUN...RUN..." all the way until he crossed the goal line. I thought at that point we had just won the game...I was so confident that our D would make a play (or plays) to lock it up. But it wasn't to be.

All in all it was an awesome trip, and incredible experience, and I'm REALLY glad that we did it.

The entire drive home, and probably every quiet moment I have to think for at least the foreseeable future, all I'll see is the enduring image of Larry Fitz running straight at me and thinking "Man, we're about to win the freaking Super Bowl!"

Good stuff man. I drove down with a buddy and took an early flight back to Newark on Monday. As someone who spent 1987-2001 as usually the only Cards fan in the sports bar (Usually the "Big Apple" in Bayonne, NJ), agreed that Wings Gone Wild was truly a sight to behold. What a see of red, so cool!

Despite the loss and horrible officiating, that experience was worth every penny. When Fitz scored teh second time I was crying and hugging complete strangers. That just doesn't happen too often in life.

Go Cards!

Dylan

redforceone

Veteran
Reaction score
Here's a Picture from Saturday night. A lot of Cardinals Fans!
You must be registered for see images attach

cardsfan89

Registered
Reaction score
I agree completely... my one main memory will be the TD and the thought that we might actually be winning this thing !

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort