Attempt at Cardinals Draft.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1st QB Byron Leftwich Marshall 6-5 241

As much as some say we already have our QB of the future. Michael Bidwill changes the organizational thinking and DOESN’T put all his eggs in one basket and drafts Leftwich. After trying to draft down the Cardinals find that their best option at this point is to draft the franchise QB of the future.

2nd DE Cory Redding 6-4 279

In the second it comes down to Redding or Kelsay and thinking Kelsay is in more of the mold of KVB the Cardinals draft Redding to improve the pass rush.

3rd WR Tyrone Calico Middle Tenn St. 6-3 223 4.34

In the third the Cardinals are pleasantly surprised that this speedster has fallen to them. Snatching him up without a second thought.

4th CB PR DeJuan Groce Nebraska 5-9 192 4.51

Filling two needs in the fourth round the Cardinals draft DeJuan Groce to be a solid man to man nickel CB. Also improving our punt return with one of 2002’s most exciting punt returners.

5th MLB Tony Gilbert Georga 5-11 251

Building depth at MLB and ST the Cardinals draft Tony Gilbert in the 5th round.

6th Traded to Chicago for Marcus Robinson

The Cardinals trade their 6th round pick to Chicago for Marcus Robinson who automatically improves the WR position.

6th Compensatory DE OLB Kai Ellis Washington 6-3 244

Another Special teams and depth pick.

7th round DE Akbar Gbaja-Biamila San Diego State. 6-4 258 4.9

Well if he is anything like his brother nice pick in the 7th.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I like Leftwich a lot, but I have to admit that I've moved away from drafting him. I would like to see us start to fix our defense more.

Cory Redding is not much of a pass rusher, and his workout numbers aren't that good. I view him as a LDE (jmo of course) and not the speed rush guy that we need.

Calico would be a nice pick in the third, and a good prospect for Sully and Tolbert to develop.

Dejuan Groce...I don't want us to add another undersized corner. I don't know how much he would really help defensively.

Tony Gilbert is an interesting prospect, but his upside appears to be very limited. He looks like one of those "what you see is what you get" a typical Cards pick.

6th rounder for Marcus Robinson would be a stroke of genius. Even if he didn't workout, you didn't spend much to get him.

Kai Ellis....why two LBs? We don't need that many LBs, and I don't think he would even make the team.

Akbar is nothing like his brother. He is quick, but not fast, and mostly played tackle (but too small to play tackle in the NFL and too slow to play end).

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
End Zone's mock draft is now written in stone. If the Cards deviate from it in any way, he will be banished to azcentral.com for one month.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by EndZone
Ellis is being listed as both a LB and DE.

Then I wouldn't be too opposed to drafting him then.

We need as many DE as possible, but this draft is really weak at DE.

FrontRow

Binge Drinker
Reaction score
Every one of those players will be off the board by the time you want to draft them.

Except the trade, which I like very much, as long as he is recovered from injury.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Pay attention, people! We have our QB of the future, and, like it or not, his name is Josh McCown. They said it when we drafted him as the 3rd QB off the board last year, and they said it the day that we signed Blake.

I give you my Kerouac 9's LOCK OF THE DRAFT: We will not draft a QB in the first four rounds. You can take that to the bank. Maybe next year, if McCown looks like the next Gio Carmazzi, but not this year.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
Pay attention, people! We have our QB of the future, and, like it or not, his name is Josh McCown. They said it when we drafted him as the 3rd QB off the board last year, and they said it the day that we signed Blake.

I give you my Kerouac 9's LOCK OF THE DRAFT: We will not draft a QB in the first four rounds. You can take that to the bank. Maybe next year, if McCown looks like the next Gio Carmazzi, but not this year.

I have to agree we wont go QB unless a Leftwich falls to us. And I am pretty sure McCown was the FOURTH QB taken in the draft (still not to shabby)...

This is what I like about the #6 pick, we will get sombody we need regardless of position...

The trade for Robenson would be a great move but it will take more than a 6th, more like a 3rd, and I would still do it...

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two mocks - Ground rule - Player must still be available on War Room board when pick is made:

Scenario A:
1 (6) Terence Newman CB
2 (37) Dewayne White DE
3 (70) Bruce Nelson C
4 (102) Tyrone Callico WR
5 (141) Matt Wilhelm MLB
6a (177) Dan Klecko DT
6b (210) Sultan McCullough RB
7 (219) Shurron Pierson DE

Scenario B:
1 (6) Dewayne Robertson DT
2 (37) Dennis Weathersby CB
3 (70) Tyrone Callico WR
4 (102) Andrew Mitchell DE
5 (141) Donnie Nickey S
6a (177)Brian St. Pierre QB
6b (210) Sultan McCullough RB
7 (219) Shurron Pierson DE

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pay attention, people! We have our QB of the future, and, like it or not, his name is Josh McCown.

I'm not sold at all on McCown.

I think this rumor of Lefwich falling is not going to happen. Heck, McGahee got Theismanned and people are saying he's not gonna slip past the second, and Leftwich would have his 1st year to heal.

Big Bird

Reaction score
Kerouc 9,

I hope you're wrong because I don't think anybody is sold on McCown except maybe you.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only Coach Mac

Only Coach Mac and Graves have even an inkling if McCown is the QB of the future.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't think that McCown is the QB of the future, but that's what we drafted him to be. We won't know whether or not that's true until after next season, and if he hasn't progressed to the point ownership wants, we'll draft a QB next year. That being said, McCown is going to wear that sash of "QB of the Future" until the end of this season (at least), and Preston Parsons will be "Mr. Congeniality".

I don't remember whether or not Kurt Kittner was taken before or after McCown in 2002, but I thought that we picked before the Falcs last year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't think that McCown is the QB of the future, but that's what we drafted him to be. We won't know whether or not that's true until after next season, and if he hasn't progressed to the point ownership wants, we'll draft a QB next year. That being said, McCown is going to wear that sash of "QB of the Future" until the end of this season (at least), and Preston Parsons will be "Mr. Congeniality".

I don't remember whether or not Kurt Kittner was taken before or after McCown in 2002, but I thought that we picked before the Falcs last year.

Kitner was selected after McCown, and he isn't any good and has next to no NFL future. I liked Kitner in college, but he is too eratic, is too slow, and doesn't have a very good arm.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think you have all overestimated Calico a little. Great combine numbers but the guy has literally done nothing on the field. Barely even played let alone was an impact player. A first-day pick is too steep for a track guy.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So, if it wasn't Kittner, who was the third QB taken in the Draft last year?

Patrick Ramsey

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard