Atlanta Braves @ Arizona Diamondbacks Sep 6 - Sep 9

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
An infield hit and and a walk. Runners on 1B and 2B for the D-backs with no one out.

And Marte walks to load the bases. Then Jay hits into a force out at the plate.

And Escobar with a sac fly. And an insurance run. Then Goldy is given an intentional walk to reload the bases with Peralta coming up with 2 outs.

He grounds out and it's 5-3 D-backs.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Chafin gets the first out in the 9th then yields to Boxberger, as Lovullo has been doing recently.

Chafin, a righty got his righty batter out. Why is he taking him out for a closer who has been blowing saves?

Well, so far, so good. Boxberger got a groundout.

And a diving catch by Peralta. Whew! D-backs played like Major Leaguers (mostly) and win.

Last edited:

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bradley needs to mix his pitches more. First pitch curve andf then fast ball after fastball. I agree with using Zeigler instead of Bradley..

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Too bad the season is over; otherwise, I’d rejoice

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Too bad the season is over; otherwise, I’d rejoice
You never know! It seems the D-backs are picking their spots lately to give it a ride. A lot more base hits and line drives. And we have started scoring after the 4th inning.

Our starting five pitching staff has the potential to be dependable if they don't have the pressure of having to pitch a shutout each game.

And with Ziegler and Chafin added to the mix of 7-8-9 relievers, our fate won't necessarily have to be in the hands of Archie and Boxberger, if Lovullo has the courage to do what's best for the team.

And if the tough schedule does us in, so be it. At least we can be proud.

So, TJ, I hope you can keep rejoicing.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You never know! It seems the D-backs are picking their spots lately to give it a ride. A lot more base hits and line drives. And we have started scoring after the 4th inning.

Our starting five pitching staff has the potential to be dependable if they don't have the pressure of having to pitch a shutout each game.

And with Ziegler and Chafin added to the mix of 7-8-9 relievers, our fate won't necessarily have to be in the hands of Archie and Boxberger, if Lovullo has the courage to do what's best for the team.

And if the tough schedule does us in, so be it. At least we can be proud.

So, TJ, I hope you can keep rejoicing.
I don’t trust this team anymore. Lovullo has to win the division for me to come around. Losing 9 of the last 15 is disgusting, particularly in the middle of a pennant race.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don’t trust this team anymore. Lovullo has to win the division for me to come around. Losing 9 of the last 15 is disgusting, particularly in the middle of a pennant race.

And most of those losses to last place teams. I like what they did here but Torey really needs to stop putting Archie in in the late innings. If he needs to pitch him, have him replace the starter for now.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, 3 errors in just the 2nd inning for the dbacks. No hits but still 2-1 Atlanta .

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
If the 3rd base coach didn't put the stop sign up, that's a horrible coaching mistake.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If the 3rd base coach didn't put the stop sign up, that's a horrible coaching mistake.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They said the 3rd base coach was waving in Ahmed. Swanson made an awesome play. Crazy how far he went to get the ball.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I always worry about being too results oriented but that was still a bad call. Your hitters are all coming up. Wasn't even a close play.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They played about as poorly as possible. The Dbacks didn't deserve to win that one.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Forget my attempted pep talk yesterday in Post 107. I was trying to be optimistic. But 4 errors (by 4 different players, including Goldy) and another goof up by the 3B coach in the midst of a pennant race are unacceptable.

I have no doubt that Torey Lovullo and his staff will be fired during the off season . The old saying goes, "You can't fire the whole team so you fire the manager."

In this case, it is the manager and his coaching staff who deserve to be fired. Whatever pressure they are putting on the players behind the scenes are bush league.

The sad thing is that we are in a weak division and will probably lose a key starting pitcher and center fielder to free agency. This was our year to make the post-season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard