4 game series
9/6/18 starters Grienke Vs Sanchez
9/7/18 starters Corbin Vs Gausman
9/8/18 starters Buchholz Vs Teheran
9/9/18 starters Ray Vs Newcomb

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
RR has 2 of our last 3 wins and Godley has the other. Our 1-2-3 pitches have pitched great but have nothing to show for it. Something's gotta give

Reaction score
Cause I’m still new to this sport, can somebody give me a short catch-up about the Braves (players I have to watch, expectations before the season started etc...)?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Braves jump on Greinke for a 4-0 lead, but Ahmed comes through with a bases loaded double. Souza ran through the stop sign and made it home easily. 4-3 Braves in the top of the 5th of Game 1.

BB said he's concerned that players have been running through the 3B coach's stop signs, but I think they should be equally concerned about his judgement, considering how easily Souza scored. Apparently the runners have lost confidence in him.

AZ Native

Reaction score
Braves jump on Greinke for a 4-0 lead, but Ahmed comes through with a bases loaded double. Souza ran through the stop sign and made it home easily. 4-3 Braves in the top of the 5th of Game 1.

BB said he's concerned that players have been running through the 3B coach's stop signs, but I think they should be equally concerned about his judgement, considering how easily Souza scored. Apparently the runners have lost confidence in him.
Ala Matty. Thanks BC for the update.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
And ... following a Braves solo HR off Greinke to make it 5-3, the D-backs later got out of a bases loaded jam going into the bottom of the 6th.

Down by 2 in our last four innings. Can we score again? We'll see.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Same Ole same Ole dbacks. Can only score in one inning and do nothing in the others. No change in sight

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Same Ole same Ole dbacks. Can only score in one inning and do nothing in the others. No change in sight
Except for last game (as Az Native pointed out -- the only one in a long, long time), you're right.

Tying runs on base with no one out in the 7th. Nope, we're still down by two.

I'd love to hear how the D-backs brass is analyzing it and what they're coming up with.

So far this game, we've scored on only one swing of the bat. It's about results.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ha ha called it! 1st and 3rd no outs and said to myself, watch, strike out and then a double play and that's what exactly happens. Wow this offense stinks!

AZ Native

Reaction score
Ha ha called it! 1st and 3rd no outs and said to myself, watch, strike out and then a double play and that's what exactly happens. Wow this offense stinks!
You find glee in calling it? Really? You would rather be right than seeing our team score. Blame EE for hitting into a double play with men on 1st and 3rd and only one out. I find no satisfaction in that.

AZ Native

Reaction score
Except for last game (as Az Native pointed out -- the only one in a long, long time), you're right.

Tying runs on base with no one out in the 7th. Nope, we're still down by two.

I'd love to hear how the D-backs brass is analyzing it and what they're coming up with.

It's about results.
Yeah, it's hard to find something good to say these days.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
You find glee in calling it? Really? You would rather be right than seeing our team score. Blame EE for hitting into a double play with men on 1st and 3rd and only one out. I find no satisfaction in that.
I don't think Shaggy is finding glee in the D-backs failure to produce. Rather, it reflects the frustration in all of us due to the D-backs predicted inability to come through.

Don't shoot the messenger who brings the bad news. The problem is a team problem. Is our roster as bad offensively as they've been playing? I don't think our roster is that bad.

AZ Native

Reaction score
I don't think Shaggy is finding glee in the D-backs failure to produce. Rather, it reflects the frustration in all of us due to the D-backs predicted inability to come through.
He said "ha ha I called it". That is glee in my book. I am never happy or boastful when we fail to produce. Old school I guess.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

No glee here. Like BC said, they are predictable. They just can't seem to score when all they had to do is a sac fly and they can't do that. I am not happy at all.

I just need to stop getting my hopes up for this team and just accept that it's highly unlikely they will get out of this offensive funk in time.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The issue with the offense is that they do get hits, but rarely get them when there are players in scoring positions. They have 8 hits right now and have only scored in one inning. Doesn't make sense to me.

AZ Native

Reaction score
No glee here. Like BC said, they are predictable. They just can't seem to score when all they had to do is a sac fly and they can't do that. I am not happy at all.

I just need to stop getting my hopes up for this team and just accept that it's highly unlikely they will get out of this offensive funk in time.
Or stop with the "HA HA I called it" remarks. That is glee+. We are all frustrated with the offense.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
He said "ha ha I called it". That is glee in my book. I am never happy or boastful when we fail to produce. Old school I guess.
I see the point you're making, but when a fan as dedicated as Shaggy has to turn his frustration as a fan into a joke, I think the real problem is the D-backs hitters doing the same thing over and over.

What Shaggy, you, I or anyone else posts on ASFN is not going to solve the team's problems.

AZ Native

Reaction score
I see the point you're making, but when a fan as dedicated as Shaggy has to turn his frustration as a fan into a joke, I think the real problem is the D-backs hitters doing the same thing over and over.

What Shaggy, you, I or anyone else posts on ASFN is not going to solve the team's problems.
No, but don't take pleasure from it. I suffer from the lack of runs late in the games too, I do not say HA HA, i was right.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
No one has mentioned it in a while, but is part of the problem still the humidor?

The pitchers have been doing well at Chase Field and our hitters playing 81 games here are failing.

Perhaps the humidor has gone too far in giving an edge to the pitchers.

If that can't be changed, we need to manufacture runs in our park, but it is not happening.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson