ASU Vs. Temple

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
very true

and i don't think harden is soft, i don't know what to think honestly. he's obviously far and away the best player on this team. and if he doesn't step up his game in a big way against 'cuse it's all over. but to see him relatively ineffectual in the last game and making some bad decisions down the stretch in the pac 10 championship game (and let's face it, his one-on-one drives at the end of that game were forces) makes me question how he performs at crunch time. you can throw out stats all you want about regular season games, but these are tournaments now. entirely different matter psychologically for these young men.

as for his draft status . . . i am almost certain he will have a khalid reeves type career.

I in no way believe Harden is perfect.. He has a problem with turnovers, he is sometimes a less-than-stellar ball-handler... But to say that he will be in the NBA for 5 or less years and never average more than 9PPG 2RPG 3.2APG is just ludicrous IMO....

He is too good at getting into the lane at will, and shooter to do that. Harden more than anything, is effective, Reeves averaged 41% shooting over his career, I don't think Harden will have a Sub 40% FG shooting year ever...

Will he be a superstar? Maybe maybe not, but one thing he will be is a special player that will average 16-19 PPG 5RPG 5APG, 2SPG... an will be a GREAT team player who is consistent and proven. I would bet anything AND give your 2-to-1 odds Harden will have a better/LONGER career than Reeves.... What do ya say Ouchie??

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Harden reminds me of a poor man's Baron Davis. And he looks the part, too.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've said it before and still agree with Gaddabout. Harden is a man without a natural NBA position and he probably would best become a point guard. A star? No.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've said it before and still agree with Gaddabout. Harden is a man without a natural NBA position and he probably would best become a point guard. A star? No.

I gotta say I disagree... he is a SG...