ASU Vs Colorado

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glad ASU won came back and won the game after being down 14-0 to colorado looked like carpenter played a ok game.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Does anyone know why the marching band doesn't form the words GO Devils and why is part of the upper deck covered?

Hey dude, I think you're just slightly off on those D-Backs stats. ;)

Trey

Registered
Reaction score
Birth to 32, Phoenix. Now, enemy territory.
Does anyone know why the marching band doesn't form the words GO Devils and why is part of the upper deck covered?

Wasn't aware that they were no longer spelling "Go Devils" before the game, but I'm pretty sure there's a new band director who has made major changes. This was probably one of them. It was a tradition I suppose, but it always struck me as really dated.

What are they doing now?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Can they start 6-0? 2-0 right now with San Diego St, & Oregon State at home then Stanford & Wash State on the road.

That stretch from Oct - November is brutal...Washington & Cal at home then Oregon & UCLA on the road and USC at home. Winning 3 of those 5 would be huge.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Can they start 6-0? 2-0 right now with San Diego St, & Oregon State at home then Stanford & Wash State on the road.

That stretch from Oct - November is brutal...Washington & Cal at home then Oregon & UCLA on the road and USC at home. Winning 3 of those 5 would be huge.
They should, but I think they'll lose one but then upset a team later in the season to get to my prediction of 8-4....9-4 after a bowl win :)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Judging by the lack of discipline Saturday night, all of those games except SDSU are a concern. Those three programs are capable of drilling ASU if the Devils come out like they did against Colorado. You can take that to the bank.

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
not sure they don't do it any more but i do remember when the announced misspelled it. they might have stopped when they added the pyrotechnics the the entrance.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look, when they signed Erickson they basically knew he'd run a program on the edge. From what I heard, part of the deal (verbally) in him taking this job was that he wouldn't get as many JC transfers as he did at Ore. St. Still, his college teams have always been cocky and very physical. The idea is that it would be worth it, if he could raise ASU into a BCS game or two.

I didn't like the hire. But, if he doesn't bring in a bunch of turds and sanctions, I'll live with it. Besides, not being a fan, or not following this program, is not an option for me.

Ditto. You speak for me.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Judging by the lack of discipline Saturday night, all of those games except SDSU are a concern. Those three programs are capable of drilling ASU if the Devils come out like they did against Colorado. You can take that to the bank.

Nope. Wrongo. You'll see.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. Wrongo. You'll see.

Where am I wrong? Are you saying ASU can have 12 penalties for 130 yards, -2 turnover ratio, and no running game for an entire half and still end up undefeated their next four games?

Generally speaking, conference games are hard to win. You don't get any extra points for making it more difficult.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Where am I wrong? Are you saying ASU can have 12 penalties for 130 yards, -2 turnover ratio, and no running game for an entire half and still end up undefeated their next four games?

Generally speaking, conference games are hard to win. You don't get any extra points for making it more difficult.

Oregon State & Stanford are TERRIBLE(SD State might be better than either one of those 2)...Washington State is a little better of a team not much but they are at home thats my only concern there. They at least have some offense, although no defense to speak of.

ASU, barring a fluke or some kind of team implosion, will win the next 4. The defense is playing surprisingly well and the offense will only improve from game to game. The weakest link is special teams which HAS to improve in a lot of areas.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IF ASU scores 33 points in each game, they will win at least the next 4. Woo hoo that schedule!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oregon State & Stanford are TERRIBLE(SD State might be better than either one of those 2)...Washington State is a little better of a team not much but they are at home thats my only concern there. They at least have some offense, although no defense to speak of.

SDSU might be the worst team in college football this year. Like Michigan bad.

Seriously, they are worst than SJSU. Tom Craft left Chuck Long some stale crackers and no cheez whiz. Those are some bare cupboards. They have like 7 scholarship linemen between offense and defense.

Oregon State has Bernard and Stanford has TC Ostrander. Neither of those teams should actually beat ASU, but they will if ASU sets them up for a shot at 28 first quarter points like they did against Colorado. That was my point.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one worried about ASU's secondary? There were several touchdown passes that were simply dropped by Colorado's receivers. Thank goodness Colorado's receivers could not catch the football.

I'm hoping the penalties and special teams will be corrected.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Am I the only one worried about ASU's secondary? There were several touchdown passes that were simply dropped by Colorado's receivers. Thank goodness Colorado's receivers could not catch the football.

I'm hoping the penalties and special teams will be corrected.

The corners are actually decent, but not great, the safeties are pitiful, I feel that Barrett is vastly overrated, he has a NFL body and almost no skill as a safety. He gets sucked in on almost every play action pass, how many plays has he made this year? 1 or 2 max, how many tackles, probably less than 5. For an "All Pac 10" safety I think that is pretty weak.

Nolan, has a different problem, he is lost out there, sure he got the INT, but if you watch him he is making a lot of mistakes in cover 2.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ASU's having serious communication problems between Baloney and Nolan. Colorado was running the wideout deep and the slot or tight end shallow, crossing up the coverage. When Baloney doesn't have underneath responsibilities he's quite capable of sticking with his man. He had two deflections in man coverage. Tryon is excellent in man coverage. Sounds like Barrett is going to lose his starting job to Jeremy Payton, at least for one game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard