Arizona Diamondbacks @ Colorado Rockies Sep 10 - Sep 13, 2018

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The D-backs 8-9 closers now are at the end of the alphabet. Z and Y. Ziegler and Yoshi.

X and W come next, and that describes the rest of the bullpen. Ex (used to be). Who? :confused:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
And Yoshi gets Blackmon to fly out to center to end the game. I think we know the plan from here on out... When we need to go to the pen, it is ONLY Ziegler and Hirano, and NOBODY else!!! In fact, send the rest of them down to the farm, call up more bats and let it ride!!!!!

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
It doesn''t matter. We are a horrible team in a weak division with a manger who has no clue. We have more than one person on this board who knows more than he does and they aren't even in baseball. Just look at how poorly we have played in 80% of the season and you will see why we do not have a snowball's chance in Hell. Just quit playing and forfeit the rest of the games. I would say give it up and go root for our Cardinals but they are going 2-14 this year.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn''t matter. We are a horrible team in a weak division with a manger who has no clue. We have more than one person on this board who knows more than he does and they aren't even in baseball. Just look at how poorly we have played in 80% of the season and you will see why we do not have a snowball's chance in Hell. Just quit playing and forfeit the rest of the games. I would say give it up and go root for our Cardinals but they are going 2-14 this year.

All they did tonight was put a bandage on an axe wound. Tomorrow they get a chance to heal a bit more. Stop acting like this one game somehow changes much.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And Yoshi gets Blackmon to fly out to center to end the game. I think we know the plan from here on out... When we need to go to the pen, it is ONLY Ziegler and Hirano, and NOBODY else!!! In fact, send the rest of them down to the farm, call up more bats and let it ride!!!!!

It was good to win tonight. It was a must win for the Dbacks. They are showing some fight and that is good. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
All they did tonight was put a bandage on an axe wound. Tomorrow they get a chance to heal a bit more. Stop acting like this one game somehow changes much.
I did not say that. I said it is over based on the response of the majority of this board!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I did not say that. I said it is over based on the response of the majority of this board!

Figured you were being sarcastic. Had me going there for a sec.:cheers:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, they truly lost this race in May. That month was brutal, and it is costing them big time now.

I'd prefer for the Rockies to win the division, unless we have a dramatic turnaround.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
IMO, they truly lost this race in May. That month was brutal, and it is costing them big time now.

I'd prefer for the Rockies to win the division, unless we have a dramatic turnaround.

If they can win their next 2 games against the Rockies, they will have a very good chance of taking the division. They just need to continue to bat like they did last night. Everything else will fall into place.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
If they can win their next 2 games against the Rockies, they will have a very good chance of taking the division. They just need to continue to bat like they did last night. Everything else will fall into place.

"Very good chance?" They'll be 1/2 game back which looks so achievable... But, let's face it... The odds of this team winning today AND tomorrow, and then somehow getting thru their remaining 15 games against a killer schedule, in a way that puts them at the top come the end of the season, are just not good...
After COL, we have 3 @ HOU, 3 home vs CHI, 3 home vs COL, 3 home vs LA and 3 @ SD. Keep in mind we have a better road record than home!
After our series, COL has 3 @ SF, 3 @ LA, 3 @ ARZ, 4 home vs Philly and 3 home vs WAS. And starting Thursday, LA has 4 @ STL, 3 home vs COL, 3 home vs SD, 3 @ ARZ and 3 @ SF.

I think it's essentially splitting hairs.. but the Dbacks have the tougher schedule. And whoever doesn't win the West is likely out of the post season. Can Ziegler and Hirano carry us over these remaining 15 games?? It's highly unlikely and Torey will have to, at some point, use Box or Bradley... which, as we know, is essentially throwing up the white flag.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
"Very good chance?" They'll be 1/2 game back which looks so achievable... But, let's face it... The odds of this team winning today AND tomorrow, and then somehow getting thru their remaining 15 games against a killer schedule, in a way that puts them at the top come the end of the season, are just not good...
After COL, we have 3 @ HOU, 3 home vs CHI, 3 home vs COL, 3 home vs LA and 3 @ SD. Keep in mind we have a better road record than home!
After our series, COL has 3 @ SF, 3 @ LA, 3 @ ARZ, 4 home vs Philly and 3 home vs WAS. And starting Thursday, LA has 4 @ STL, 3 home vs COL, 3 home vs SD, 3 @ ARZ and 3 @ SF.

I think it's essentially splitting hairs.. but the Dbacks have the tougher schedule. And whoever doesn't win the West is likely out of the post season. Can Ziegler and Hirano carry us over these remaining 15 games?? It's highly unlikely and Torey will have to, at some point, use Box or Bradley... which, as we know, is essentially throwing up the white flag.

If they continue to play exactly like they played yesterday, yes they do have a chance. Do I think they will play like yesterday, I have no idea? They have been all over the map so I can never tell what dback team is showing up for each game.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If they win both, they are back in the conversation. I don't think it means they win division at all. Both HOU and Cubs are still playing for something so you will get maximum effort.

Win tonight. Nobody should be looking ahead. Dodgers won today

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
If they continue to play exactly like they played yesterday, yes they do have a chance. Do I think they will play like yesterday, I have no idea? They have been all over the map so I can never tell what dback team is showing up for each game.
At the risk of :deadhorse2:, a major reason the D-backs have been all over the map is Torey's inclination to not stick with things that work, such as moving Souza to leadoff (which was Souza's suggestion and which worked). It remains to be seen how long Ziegler and Yoshi are the 8th and 9th inning closers now that it produced results.

When you say you can never tell what D-back team is showing up for each game, you hit it on the head. A four-man starting outfield; a three Catcher starting rotation; etc., and not necessarily due to a righty/lefty platoon.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
If they win both, they are back in the conversation. ...
Only as a quiet whisper. 3rd place in the NL west doesn't guaranty a wild card spot-- both of which are currently spoken for by the Cardinals and Brewers.

The only hope is that the DBs cow-pen doesn't suck as much as L.A. or Denver. And given the last week, that's a pretty tall order.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They need to go 4-2 against the stros and cubbies that will give them a fighting chance. Godley is what worries me maybe Matt K?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson